What came in the mail for you today?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wow Doug really put it to this time! Dang!
I guess brown or the other one will get your business moving forward.

The other one sends handwritten notes when you're caught, so I'll stick with them. They are a few bucks more than brown but typically two days faster in transit. I question whether or not they keep good notes on offenders.

The other one sends handwritten notes when you're caught, so I'll stick with them. They are a few bucks more than brown but typically two days faster in transit. I question whether or not they keep good notes on offenders.
Tell them to stop playing football with your packages and they will never know there is beer in there... :cask:

How does it "come to their attention"? Do you look guilty when you drop off your packages?

One of my packages was caught in transit and another picked up at the facility where the employee "knew" it was booze (you could, I assume, hear liquid moving around in bottles).

I’ve sent over a hundred packages and Doug has honestly come through, or done his best to come through. My guess is that your local PO is run by an anal POS. I would try a different PO.

No, I actually like my PO. Fedex on the other hand, they can eat a big fat pickle : )

I'll add ... when I have spare cash sitting around I may mail someone some artisanal sodas (rootbeer or something) and go to the Fedex store to do so. I'll make sure the box is all sloshy and see what they do. They know I've shipped booze before, so they'll likely demand to open it...I want the joy of them opening it to actually find soda and having to close it back up :)

Some shitty beans from @HopsNTails

IMG_0001.JPG

Pressure canner and a ton of bottle caps. I was supposed to get 4 cases of 22oz bombers too but apparently boxes of bottles are too heavy for my USPS driver. I'll have to go pick those up tomorrow
IMG_20190104_202224.jpeg

Just a few things from Morebeer. Big bags are MO and Munich, medium are black patent, chocolate, and crystal 60, smallest are a couple pounds of acidulated malt. The white stuff is epsom salt, gypsum, and calcium chloride. One more bag of lighter crystal should be here tomorrow.

And of course the ported fermonster with lid opener
20190107_154610-1.jpeg

Abita is ok but I can get it locally. Unfortunately in MS you can’t purchase beer over 10.2% which is why I stock up when out of town! This was the first time I have found CBS and Bourbon County Stout!

Because of a shipping mishap in the last FotD @imasickboy ended up with 2 packages. Even though he didn't need to, I was happily greeted when I got home from work this afternoon

Bonus: because it's cold, they were already kind of chilled. Should be ready to drink when I get home from my son's swim practice

Thanks
20190114_135223-1.jpeg

Well still not beer related but worth a plug. I've been using these non plastic reusable food wraps for awhile now and I feel I can give a review.
There are three sizes small, medimm, and large. They work well in the fridge but not so well in the freezer. They clean up easily and to my surprise they do not hold odors. I wrapped half an onion for 4 days and no odor. They take some getting used to and they are not good for everything but any plastic we can keep from the environment is worth it. You can order them from etee. That's right etee.
IMG_20190114_141521.jpg
IMG_20190114_141521.jpg

Back