What came in the mail for you today?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Not in the mail, but won this at my work holiday party friday!
20181214_201641.jpeg

A Christmas package from @fourfarthing (errrrrrrrrrr a side trade I mean ... I do, after all, have to send a return package). Doug and Mark didn't catch the soggy beer bottom box, fortunately! A little bit of the grisette was sacrificed during shipping, and I am excited to dig in. For sake of freshness that one will be drunk tonight (or perhaps tomorrow).

I really need to have a beer tasting night and get through some of the cases of homebrew in the garage from everyone as well as the commercial beer I continue to hoard, lol. Anyways...thanks Fourfarthing!

ps: I am most excited to try the wheat and presumably harass you for a recipe.

IMG_20181218_112112.jpg

A Christmas package from @fourfarthing (errrrrrrrrrr a side trade I mean ... I do, after all, have to send a return package). Doug and Mark didn't catch the soggy beer bottom box, fortunately! A little bit of the grisette was sacrificed during shipping, and I am excited to dig in. For sake of freshness that one will be drunk tonight (or perhaps tomorrow).

I really need to have a beer tasting night and get through some of the cases of homebrew in the garage from everyone as well as the commercial beer I continue to hoard, lol. Anyways...thanks Fourfarthing!

ps: I am most excited to try the wheat and presumably harass you for a recipe.

View attachment 603077

FYI, the wheat is @GaBrewZoo ‘s recipe

Let me know your thoughts and feedback and you can hold off on the rerurn box ;)

FYI, the wheat is @GaBrewZoo ‘s recipe

Let me know your thoughts and feedback and you can hold off on the rerurn box ;)

Yeah, I know :)

I am trying to get shiz together, and I have most of it. We'll see if I can get it out this week or not...time is not on my side, lol.

The other bag is Apricot Brandy...had issues with glass so said fudge it, lol! Plus there was a sense of whether or not it would hold, so....there's that

Cubes are a Mexican candy, by the way

I’m not a brandy person so how should I best enjoy it? It’s my first time. [emoji51]
@jimyson any suggestions?

@fourfarthing

Apricot brandy that I made in the bag, I did not make the Brandy...just the infusion.

Those are jicamas in the top left.

You chew on the sugar cane as is, and spit out the fibers.

The sweet lemons or they may call them limes are lemons that are wait for it ... Sweet!

The other floors are guavas, wash them and eat them skin and all. I don't eat the ends but otherwise you can eat everything else.

The cubes are Mexican candies.

The crunchy bits are pork rinds.

and then you have chorizo. If you don't know how to prepare chorizo you could easily Google it, but ensure you just want to remove it from its casing and cook it kind of like a scrambled sausage. I like mine nearly burnt; that's the common cook on it.

Haha I’m glad I wasn’t the only one!

Enjoy the beers and coffee! I wanted my daughter write thanks on the note before bed but I hadn’t roasted the second batch of coffee. That’s why the details for the second batch were filled in by hand. Thank you for the awesome lemur beer!!!

Merry Christmas!

@fourfarthing

Apricot brandy that I made in the bag, I did not make the Brandy...just the infusion.

Those are jicamas in the top left.

You chew on the sugar cane as is, and spit out the fibers.

The sweet lemons or they may call them limes are lemons that are wait for it ... Sweet!

The other floors are guavas, wash them and eat them skin and all. I don't eat the ends but otherwise you can eat everything else.

The cubes are Mexican candies.

The crunchy bits are pork rinds.

and then you have chorizo. If you don't know how to prepare chorizo you could easily Google it, but ensure you just want to remove it from its casing and cook it kind of like a scrambled sausage. I like mine nearly burnt; that's the common cook on it.

Excited to try all of this.

IMG_0060.JPG

I got the German hop sampler pack consisting of Magnum, Perle, Northern Brewer and Spalt Select plus a pound of Centennial. Merry Christmas to me[emoji481]

The 3 small sump pumps actually came last Friday, they are for use with the water chiller and water jacket. Going to hook them up and do a water test this week as I am off.
20181223_200514.jpeg

Back