What did I cook this weekend.....

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
To keep the trend.... Sirloin, 8hrs sous vide @130.5f finished on a cast iron griddle on the grill... roasted taters the seriouseat way, brussel sprouts with caramelized onions in a cream and parmesan sauce, green pepper sauce with Brandy... frikkin awesome for a cheap cut...

20170401_185012.jpg

To keep the trend.... Sirloin, 8hrs @130.5f finished on a cast iron griddle on the grill... roasted taters the seriouseat way, brussel sprouts with caramelized onions in a cream and parmesan sauce, green pepper sauce with Brandy... frikkin awesome for a cheap cut...

That looks very tasty! I'm wondering where you got that nifty, restaurant style board/plate thing? A few of those would definitely make for a nice & unique presentation.
Regards, GF.

OMG, everything waiting on me here tonight to see is just awesome! What a group!

I'm doing Goan Vindaloo in Pungent Brown Sauce with Bombay Potatoes. I'll try and get finished pictures in a bit. This Vindaloo recipe is my all time favorite to cook and eat!

sorry no pictures but venison loin roast, rare. haselback potatoes and gravey .added a cup of porter to pan to deglaze after browning venison. and made the gravey from there.

amazing...

Love vindaloo!! Recipe?!?!

I googled it, and found my word version of the recipe as a PDF on, you guessed it, Homebrewtalk!! lol Regardless, I can't find the post here, so here you go again.

If you have any issues with the PDF or just want the Word version, PM me an address and I will send it to you.

The tamarind is what makes this dish and I used a pretty large chunk of the pressed tamarind pulp in the 3 cups of water that is called for. And I boil the water before I pour it in the bowl and let it sit.

Oh, and it is not always necessary to let the meat marinade overnight. I only let it sit for about 3 hours the other day and it was still fantastic.

I suspect you could use lamb instead of the beef easily, but SWMBO is not a lamb fan (I am!).

View attachment Goan Vindaloo in Pungent Brown Sauce.pdf

B9C080DC-6B55-4923-A2B4-23312B74A086_zps0funbxik.jpg

If anyone is looking for a book about BBQ, this is the one! Just look at that beef rib on the cover, damn!

Full disclosure: my friends are the authors and I also have a featured recipe in the book. But, I do not share in any profits what so ever. I just truly think it's a bad ass BBQ book!

Cheers,
Mike

I googled it, and found my word version of the recipe as a PDF on, you guessed it, Homebrewtalk!! lol Regardless, I can't find the post here, so here you go again.

If you have any issues with the PDF or just want the Word version, PM me an address and I will send it to you.

The tamarind is what makes this dish and I used a pretty large chunk of the pressed tamarind pulp in the 3 cups of water that is called for. And I boil the water before I pour it in the bowl and let it sit.

Oh, and it is not always necessary to let the meat marinade overnight. I only let it sit for about 3 hours the other day and it was still fantastic.

I suspect you could use lamb instead of the beef easily, but SWMBO is not a lamb fan (I am!).
Thanks! Anxious to give it a try. We will see how easy it is to find taramind pulp in this neck of the woods.

Well, it's not still mooing, but at least it's still bleeding a bit! :ban:

I'd eat it. I prefer it almost blue-rare but that one is not past edible.

Yeah me too, it wasn't exactly a level cut where the center had about a good 1/3" on the skirts. But hey was decent for a little treat don't know if I'd pass on ribeye or strip for sirloin again

Also posted in the pizza thread, but I figured you food nerds would love this. Black garlic is unreal. Pizza with homemade marinara, grilled chicken, mozz, basil, sun-dried tomatoes and a black garlic butter that I whipped up. Also sprinkled some black garlic chunks on the crust. Love it! Sweet and pungent! So tasty

View attachment 1491364480090.jpg

Thanks! Anxious to give it a try. We will see how easy it is to find taramind pulp in this neck of the woods.

You may be able to find tamarind concentrate in jars with works too. I have a couple of Indian groceries not too far from here. And there's always Amazon :)

https://www.amazon.com/Ziyad-Seedless-Tamarind-Packaged-Dishes/dp/B002EDTWC8/ref=pd_sim_325_1?_encoding=UTF8&pd_rd_i=B002EDTWC8&pd_rd_r=T5DM6YCN4MSBRK5R7434&pd_rd_w=NDRaJ&pd_rd_wg=UDkZ1&psc=1&refRID=T5DM6YCN4MSBRK5R7434

Last edited by a moderator:
Also posted in the pizza thread, but I figured you food nerds would love this. Black garlic is unreal. Pizza with homemade marinara, grilled chicken, mozz, basil, sun-dried tomatoes and a black garlic butter that I whipped up. Also sprinkled some black garlic chunks on the crust. Love it! Sweet and pungent! So tasty

Is it fermented? :confused:

(sorry, I had to haha) Looks awesome!

Made a few pasties last night after having a really good one in Detroit (I know, but it was a really good upper crust pasty (see what I did there?)).

I made 2 German Pasties with sauerkraut and Polish sausage and spicy mustard, 2 Ham and cheese omellette pasties, and a honey BBQ pulled pork pasty. Just using up some leftovers.

Didn't get a picture of them after they baked, but they look the same but more browned.

IMG_20170406_193640463_HDR[1].jpg

Latest posts

Back