What came in the mail for you today?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Rare Barrel delivery
IMG_20181116_154211.jpg

All from Amazon....10 gallon boil kettle with- 2 weldless ports,valve, and thermometer. Metal frame bottle capper (with caps), 144 red caps, and multiple packs Wyeast Safale-04,05 and 06.
Brewing the day after thanksgiving.
If my Pinterest recipe (plus a minor addition/modification) turns out as expected I'm calling it
Crimson Tide Undefeated Red Ale.

Today a Cereal Killer from Austin Homebrewing Supplies. Looking back I paid more than what I would have paid for a Barley Crusher here, and noting that Black Friday is coming up I definitely could have got a better deal on the MM2 and hopper. Oh well - Will use this and be happy with (hopefully) higher efficiency and (definitely) better grain costs.

Had $100 to blow on amazon; beer related stuff I got: an ounce of cryo mosaic, 2oz nelson, foil insulation to wrap around my mash tun, juniper berries for my sahti-style beer, a reusable hop bag, whirlfloc tabs, more yeast for my braggot. Everything except for the nelson has already come.

I just got some additional parts for my keezer build. 6 sets of CMB quick disconnects and 100 feet of proper pour liquid hose. Next up taps and shanks and then start working on the nitro tap.

15# CO2 tank and 3 air/liquid quick disconnect line setups. Heading to the LHBS to get filled up. Love that there's a brewery next door :D

A confirmation of my colonoscopy, a subpoena to collection court, and a foreclosure notice . . .. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .. . Oh wait, that was YESTERDAY! Today i got a sparkly new mash tun to replace my well worn 25+ year old homemade one. PLUS . . . My shiny new Spike CF5:ban:!!! I am gonna pour grain in that big hole on top, fill her with water, plug in all the gizmos, and in two weeks that sucker is gonna poop a nifty marzen right out that port near the bottom!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! DAMN, I love beer making in this era.

Back