FotHB XIV: Lambic Pentameter

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A nice box of beverages showed up today from @BrewMan13 . FedEx took their sweet ass time delivering it, but my momma said good things come to those who wait. They are chilling in the kegerator now and I can’t wait to try them.
9C95726D-6012-4AC7-AD3A-805A69C354E6.jpeg

A nice box of beverages showed up today from @BrewMan13 . FedEx took their sweet ass time delivering it, but my momma said good things come to those who wait. They are chilling in the kegerator now and I can’t wait to try them.
View attachment 741677
Finally! So much for sending on a Monday to avoid sitting over the weekend... Sorry no fancy labels, just hope the beers reached you in good shape! I would suggest starting with the porter and IPA since they've been bottled the longest. Cheers!

Another from @3 Dawg Night today. Raspberry Blonde. I'll be honest and say I wasn't expecting to like this. I'm not really a Raspberry fan, and fruit beer is hit or miss for me. I was surprised to find I could still taste the Blonde Ale which was great. The Raspberry was there but it wasn't in my face. A little tartness mixed with some sweetness with a malt presence. Nice!
41524894-0DCE-48F3-88F0-629A87136C2B.jpeg

Finally got to crack open my first @DrGMG. Sorry for the awful pic(not at all the color it is in person) but this WCIPA is awesome. I’m usually not a fan of any IPA but every one I’ve gotten so far in FotHB has me rethinking my view on them 😁.

View attachment 742454

That's awesome. I'm always afraid of oxidation when canning an IPA. Glad you liked it.

Wielkopolski's Finest from @aharri1, the other smoked beer in the box. Big smoke flavor in a low-abv package. A style I want to tackle someday, so glad to give it a try!

View attachment 743088
I'm glad you enjoyed it! I'll be brewing this again with some tweaks! It was brewed to tradition with weyermann 100% oak smoked wheat and polish hops.

I'm glad you enjoyed it! I'll be brewing this again with some tweaks! It was brewed to tradition with weyermann 100% oak smoked wheat and polish hops.
Yeah, it really gave me a good jumping off point! I've got a source for as much oak-smoked wheat as I want, so for sure gonna give it a try. And while I don't want it to resemble a traditional German rauchbier too much, I'm a sucker for Munich, and can't help but think that's a tweak I'd make for my own tastes. Cheers!

Yeah, it really gave me a good jumping off point! I've got a source for as much oak-smoked wheat as I want, so for sure gonna give it a try. And while I don't want it to resemble a traditional German rauchbier too much, I'm a sucker for Munich, and can't help but think that's a tweak I'd make for my own tastes. Cheers!
That sounds good actually! I was thinking 80% smoke malt 10% white wheat, 10% biscuit malt

Yahhh Mohnn!!! From @aharri1. Not too familiar with tropical stouts, but everything seems balanced and the adjuncts aren't overdone. I normally like a bit more roast in my stouts, but that's just personal preference (and not to style I'm guessing). Also great head retention! Cheers!
20210921_192842.jpg

I'm glad you enjoyed it man! Yeah, the roast isn't supposed to be as heavy as a regular style so you are correct LOL.

Enjoying a puppers light lager from @aharri1 as I get a massive starter boiling in advance of a doppelbock brewday in a few days. So far the "theme" of his brews is low abv but big flavor (of course 2 were a bit high). Not the biggest fan of this style, but I was pleasantly surprised, and could crush these all day!
Edit to say the pic doesn't do the clarity justice, this thing is sparkling!

20211001_151347.jpg

Enjoying a puppers light lager from @aharri1 as I get a massive starter boiling in advance of a doppelbock brewday in a few days. So far the "theme" of his brews is low abv but big flavor (of course 2 were a bit high). Not the biggest fan of this style, but I was pleasantly surprised, and could crush these all day!
Edit to say the pic doesn't do the clarity justice, this thing is sparkling!

View attachment 744228
Thanks dude! Yeah, good old 34/70! I think I'm going to switch the hops up and make that again and keep it regularly on tap. Got some Mandarina Bavaria I need to use

The final beer from @aharri1 "one hearted" IPA. Full disclosure: I'm one of the few people who aren't crazy about 2 hearted (not a big fan of centennial), so this one was a longshot. And it's not my thing, but appreciate the bonus beer regardless!
20211004_144708.jpg

The final beer from @aharri1 "one hearted" IPA. Full disclosure: I'm one of the few people who aren't crazy about 2 hearted (not a big fan of centennial), so this one was a longshot. And it's not my thing, but appreciate the bonus beer regardless!
View attachment 744575
No worries! I'm glad you at least gave it a shot!

Back