New post a picture of your pint

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If you search a little more you will see that that first iteration was already a winner. In his defense, he has been more than willing to publicly share recipes and knowledge of all sorts in HBT. So I am not feeling a bit irritated that he didn’t share this last recipe. I know I’ve benefitted from his sharing over the past couple years. I’m grateful for that

https://www.homebrewtalk.com/threads/new-zealand-pils.680205/post-8891538
Thank you, brother.

I asked for a yeast recommendation, as originally I didn’t 34/70 would truly hit the BJCP style guidelines.

And yes, I compete as a Homebrew and have aspersions of doing a small taproom, so I certainly keep some specific details to myself and some whole recipes to myself. That’s said I am heavily active on HBT providing pointers and process details I use.

To be honest I think it’s tasteless to be upset with me for not sharing a recipe I am currently competing, if not in general. Especially after all the support I offer across HBT
Great part about being a brewer is we all have the ability to make award winning beers and I understand that you are actively competing and wanna keep it, i aint mad at ya 😉 cheers

Last edited:
Great part about bring a brewer is we all have the ability to make award winning beers and I understand that you are actively competing and wanna keep it, i aint mad at ya 😉 cheers
It wasn’t directed at you what so ever. No worries

I asked for a yeast recommendation, as originally I didn’t 34/70 would truly hit the BJCP style guidelines.

And yes, I compete as a Homebrew and have aspersions of doing a small taproom, so I certainly keep some specific details to myself and some whole recipes to myself. That’s said I am heavily active on HBT providing pointers and process details I use.

To be honest I think it’s tasteless to be upset with me for not sharing a recipe I am currently competing, if not in general. Especially after all the support I offer across HBT

I never said anything about you not "offering support across HBT", as you call it. I was merely attempting to sum up the development of the referenced thread because it seemed unfortunate to me.

If that account was was incorrect, then it was an honest mistake on my part and I kindly ask you to correct me. If the account was correct, but you find the behaviour outlined entirely unproblematic, just say so ("yup, that's what happened. why?"). And if the account was correct and you yourself think "yeah, that was not entirely cool on my part", just own up to it: no one will think any less of you, we all don't always live up to the ideals we may have.

But down dismiss any criticism of anything you do as "tasteless" due to the general impact of your activity here. in my view, even Mother Theresa could and should be called out if she pulled a D-move. If she responded "F*** you, I'm goddamn Mother Theresa, you don't get to criticize me!" I don't think that'd be cool.

Just to reiterate: I never said you weren't a prolific member of this community, I merely expressed that this particular behaviour was not a great example of comradery in my view.

So you asked for everyone's input when designing the recipe, and now that you found your final winning combination, you refuse to share it... ?
Respectfully, I think your summation of this account was indeed incorrect. The thread he referenced was specifically for which yeast to use with the recipe he provided and that was simply it. In addition, the comment "and now that you have found your winning combination you refuse to share it?" is also incorrect and made an assumption simply because the aforementioned reference to his recipe was already a winner. Your comment implied that @Dgallo recipe he shared didn't win anything and that he does not share winning combinations. So that is incorrect. He posted it in a different thread started by another person to help them with their NZ Pilsner recipe. That recipe, with exception of the final hop timings, was the same recipe that he referenced.

We are OT obviously here so lets keep sharing the picture of our pints! Cheers!

Respectfully, I think your summation of this account was indeed incorrect. The thread he referenced was specifically for which yeast to use with the recipe he provided and that was simply it. In addition, the comment "and now that you have found your winning combination you refuse to share it?" is also incorrect and made an assumption simply because the aforementioned reference to his recipe was already a winner. Your comment implied that @Dgallo recipe he shared didn't win anything and that he does not share winning combinations. So that is incorrect. He posted it in a different thread started by another person to help them with their NZ Pilsner recipe. That recipe, with exception of the final hop timings, was the same recipe that he referenced.

We are OT obviously here so lets keep sharing the picture of our pints! Cheers!

You're right that we are getting off track here, but just to make this clear:
I never meant to say that any recipe did or did not win any competition. By "winning combination" I simply meant "the final recipe you were most happy with". Not "winning" in the sense of "winning some competition", but more as in "the one that won your favor". Apparently, this confusion has caused some offense which I did not intend. Apologies if that was a poor choice of words - as you may have guessed, English is not my native language.

Saison

saison.jpg

Im curious too, i imagine its a pils but with more “ipa ish” hops like centennial, mosaic etc etc
It’s a Pilsner with an elevated ibu level and PNW hop varieties. That said everyone has their own take on it

Shepheard Neames Double Stout inspired Stout (Akshually a Porter if you want to go by the definition of yore).
And brewing a Premium Bitter with Challenger @60 min for bittering and 1g/L of Fuggle for a 20min/80c hopstand.
Pretty basic but often basic is all you need...

Attachments

• IMG_20220617_215909.jpg
    IMG_20220617_215909.jpg
    4 MB · Views: 0
How is the flavor with the red X? Interested to understand the characteristics at this ratio, looks great!
It's not as malty as I thought it was going to be. Of you haven't already, read the thread on red x malt. After reading that thread I decided not to use 100% red x as it sounded like it might be a little too sweet.
If I make this again, I would add a little of another malt to give complexity.
If you can find some red x, try it out.

Another outstanding Central Alabama Craft Beer. This one is Cahaba Brewing Company's IPA. Another Birmingham offering. As a judge I'd have to score it lower than a typical IPA. Very little spicy aroma and it finishes smooth. It makes a very good APA but comes up a little short of the characteristics of a bold IPA.
20220618_132732.jpg

Australian Xpa , nice and hazy for days thats lazy. Dry hop 100g Mosaic, Centennial and Mandarina Bavaria 50g each. My own house kveik yeast , fermented the brew for 3 days and dry hopped 4

Matter a fact I got it now...

Attachments

• 20220618_104128.jpg
    20220618_104128.jpg
    4.6 MB · Views: 0
should be ready by the end of the week. Just have to figure out how Im going to cold crash and then add the gelatin since i dont have temperature control.

Mexican Psuedo-Lager with Lime
290822703_10158386881235811_5440612474426546427_n.jpg

Latest posts

Back