Different yeasts

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gonefishin

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
Hey all, I brewed 2, 5G batches Monday. A 10G mash, split to 2 boil kettles. So its all the same wurt. I pitched Mangrove Jack M79 into 5G (on the left) where OG was 1.056. The second 5G (on the right) was at 1.065 and got S-04. Ferm. temps are 65-deg. F. The S-04 is fermenting really well while as you can see the left carboy has very little Kruesen. I've not used M-79 before and I am wondering if it is slow to start? I have another packet of the M-79 if I need to add it. Thanks.
Well after all that the pic. file is to large to upload. The M-79 has only 1/2" of kruesen on it and not very active gas in the airlock. Maybe once every 5-sec. While the S-04 is ready to blow out the airlock.

I've never used the Mangrove Jacks, but different strains of yeast do behave differently. You are seeing krausen so you know it is fermenting. :)

F/U. Checked this morning, The kruesen is very heavy and dense as compared to the S-04. But it seems to be doing its thing. Another unwarrented brew concern.

Latest posts

Back