"crystals" on top of fruit addition to secondary.

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Bottled it. And I agree, it is strong! I used about 2 pounds for a 5 gal batch, and I think that was just about the right amount. It's pure raspberry to the nose, with some estery notes subtly showing up. To the taste, it's the other way around, a weizen with hints of raspberry. I like it.

Sound very, very good. Wish we lived closer to each other and we could exchange some homebrew.

Years ago we vacation in Ocean City, MD. Of course, we had to go to the OC Brewery. I had one of their Raspberry Wheat. The owner came over to say hello and ask about their beers. Since he asked, I told him, "Raspberry is a powerful flavor, might want to considrer backing off on the raspberry a bit.". He wasn't offended and we talked beer for a while.

Each visit to Ocean City, MD required at least 1 stop at OC Brewing.

Now I see "No new Ocean City brewery? OC Brewing files for bankruptcy, auctioning equipment". What a shame!
http://www.delmarvanow.com/story/ne...-brewing-company-files-bankruptcy/2731335002/

Geez, we were at OC Brewery in September 2017.

Sound very, very good. Wish we lived closer to each other and we could exchange some homebrew.

Years ago we vacation in Ocean City, MD. Of course, we had to go to the OC Brewery. I had one of their Raspberry Wheat. The owner came over to say hello and ask about their beers. Since he asked, I told him, "Raspberry is a powerful flavor, might want to considrer backing off on the raspberry a bit.". He wasn't offended and we talked beer for a while.

Each visit to Ocean City, MD required at least 1 stop at OC Brewing.

Now I see "No new Ocean City brewery? OC Brewing files for bankruptcy, auctioning equipment". What a shame!
http://www.delmarvanow.com/story/ne...-brewing-company-files-bankruptcy/2731335002/

Geez, we were at OC Brewery in September 2017.

What a shame... And I also wish I lived closer to people in this forum. Where I live, the homebrewing community is really small, northern Mexico, so people to share bottles with and supplies even are very limited.

How long ago was the wedding? (Profile picture)
Almost a year ago. The raspberry weizen was done by request of my wife, by the way, but as it turns out i might end up drinking most of it :)... In my top three of the beers i've brewed since I started with this hobby.

How are homebrewing supplies in Northern Mexico? It's my understanding most Mexico brews are lagers.

Most big mexican beer are lagers, yes. Even tho they have acquired a couple of craft breweries in the last couple years. The craft beer scene has lots of good stuff tho, really good! Specially breweries from north western Mx as they have a strong influence from San Diego. If you come across some mexican craft beers do try them out. I think cervecería colima does a good deal of exports to the US, to name an example. As of homebrewing supplies the biggest problem is yeast, I think. We get mainly fermentis and that's about it. Malt and hops varieties are okay, we get most of the stuff, but still lacking. I'm a two hour drive away from Texas so sometimes I do supply runs when I want "rare" yeasts or cheaper equipment.

Thanks, amigo, for the input!. Do wish we lived closer to trade/exchange/give some homebrew.

When writing about "As of homebrewing supplies the biggest problem is yeast" is this dried yeast or liquid yeast?

Dried yeast, that's all you can find and mostly fermentis. A few other brands now and then, but 90% of the time suppliers only carry fermentis yeast. I've really never used liquid yeast!

OK. Dry yeast are good, just trying to get all info/understand.

Man, I do wish we lived closer to each other and I could easily help you out.

Maybe next time I go to the US I can mail you a couple of beers and get your feedback! Lets keep in touch! Well, idk if mailing homebrew is legal in the US LOL. But if it is, we could do that!!

Back