Whats you favorite album cover

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That would be me. So impressed was I with that album, I painted my version of "Epitaph" OK, not an album cover, but still music related. :eek:

EPITAPH600_2_.JPG

Very cool, Dali-inspired [walks away to talk to the wind...].

Very cool, Dali-inspired [walks away to talk to the wind...].

It was also intended as a socio-political statement as well as Epitaph. Donkey and elephant pulling away from each each other in order to decapitate the hopeful traveller, yaddah, yaddah.

Anyways, Back on topic....Just about ANY album cover by Roger Dean! :D (never was too keen on Paul Whitehead, Sorry Mermaid) :)

2b2ec060ada02a4872788110.L.jpg

This cover always conflicted me. I'm not sure what Roxy were going for apart from a crap album. It kinda made me horny, but also made me want to shower if I looked at it for too long. If I were a woman, I would have probably been pissed instead of slightly horny? Hell, I was young at the time anyway. :)

roxy-music.jpg

Although the story about this being a protest at the way the US publishers "Butchered" the Beatle's Albums was bogus, this was a real (Albeit short lived) album cover. Considering the way things were in those days, this is awesome! :D

Butchered.jpg

LOL @ Laughing_Gnome agreed about the Roxy Music cover, and the "butcher" cover. My favorite Roger Dean is probably still Tales from Topographic Oceans (because of the inside gatefold and the fish..)

I also dig the Dali-esque "Epitaph" as well.

Another cool album cover I liked enough to hang on my wall is Captain Fantastic and the Brown Dirt Cowboy (some of the vinyl versions came with a spiffy poster inside)

FrontBlog.jpg

My friends single hot mom loved Herb Alpert, I think I attach it to her.

Did you ever listen to it?

My dad used to play it all the time so yes. When it was just me, the stereo, the album (and the album cover) I used to like to listen to his version of "A taste of honey". I like a lot of his covers of songs; he was very popular and talented. I thought for sure he did the song "This guy's in love with you" not only as a vocal but an instrumental too but I can't find it. Women on his album covers seemed to be a theme. They re-released the album again as "Re-whipped" I think.

I know I am getting old (or are to some of you) but songwriting years ago had a bit more of, I don't know, perfection maybe?

I'd have to agree on the Herb Alpert - and I liked the music. Here's another from my progression of musical tastes. I still have this album, and still enjoy the music

The_4-Skins_-_The_Good_The_Bad_%26_The_4-Skins.jpg

I'd have to agree on the Herb Alpert - and I liked the music. Here's another from my progression of musical tastes. I still have this album, and still enjoy the music

The_4-Skins_-_The_Good_The_Bad_%26_The_4-Skins.jpg

That is to awesome.

These two from Fotomaker (former members of The Rascals and The Raspberries) I liked to listen to, but not look at the covers. Yeesh!

fotomaker-fotomaker.gif
Fotomaker+-+vis+a+vis.jpg

These two from Fotomaker (former members of The Rascals and The Raspberries) I liked to listen to, but not look at the covers. Yeesh!

fotomaker-fotomaker.gif
Fotomaker+-+vis+a+vis.jpg

Is that a young girl (boy even?) made up to look like an adult in the first one? I can't make up my mind. Is that what creeps you out? I love both bands in their hayday. I'll have to check Fotomaker out.

I had 8 tracks. I had a player in my room and one in my car as a teenager. I forget what made me do it but one day I trashed them all. Remember the fade out and fade in between sides? I had the Rolling Stones Sticky Fingers on 8 track and if I remember correctly it did the fade out, fade in this on Wild Horses.

I remember INSTALLING an under-dash track on my 65 VW bug - after I upgraded it to 12 volt -

hey - remember when seeing audio tape strung along the side of the road was common?

I remember INSTALLING an under-dash track on my 65 VW bug - after I upgraded it to 12 volt -

hey - remember when seeing audio tape strung along the side of the road was common?

When I was a kid we (well, kids I hung with) used to run it across the street to scare the crap out of the next person to drive down the road. Thought that stuff was funny until I got my license. :(

When I was a kid we (well, kids I hung with) used to run it across the street to scare the crap out of the next person to drive down the road. Thought that stuff was funny until I got my license. :(

I found a Gap Band cassette and actually bothered to splice it and wind it back up. "You got to be humpin'... I hump all night, I hump all day, I even hump on Holidays........you got to be humpin'......" Still makes me chuckle

One of my buddies had a portable 8-track player. This was just before the Walkman era began.

I found a Gap Band cassette and actually bothered to splice it and wind it back up. "You got to be humpin'... I hump all night, I hump all day, I even hump on Holidays........you got to be humpin'......" Still makes me chuckle

One of my buddies had a portable 8-track player. This was just before the Walkman era began.

I am not really a pack rat, but as I have grown older I have learned the value of keeping things if they still work. There are so many things I used to have but threw out for some reason or other I wish I had today.

My favorite isn't the cover, and I can't find a pic of it anywhere, but it's the inside artwork in Pink Floyd's The Wall album. Anybody remember this or have link to a pic?

Back