Whats you favorite album cover

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

j1laskey

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
everyone has thier favorite beer label (mines the Shipyard's Smashed Pumpkin)...but whats your favorite album cover?

Mine, The Mars Volta ......Francis the Mute

Volta.jpg

Ohio Players Honey. The outside cover folds out to a full length pic but the real treat was the inside cover (also full length when folded out). Can't find a decent 'non-sponsored' link but google it, it's worth it.

Rollercoaster
Of love...

Not necessarily a favorite, but certainly worth posting.

cal_ritmo.JPG

As a kid mine was Herb Albert’s Tijuana Brass-Whipped Creme and other Delights for the same reason (now too). Sorry, can't upload but you can easily find it. Please post if you can.

But Abbey Road is probably mine of all time. I guess you have to like the band the album belongs to as well, persuades you anyway.

I also like George Harrison's "All things Must Pass".

LGI, do you like it??? ;)

Sorry, still can't upload.

Okay, seriously - E Pluribus Funk by Grand Funk Railroad.

200px-GFREPluribus.jpg

The original vinyl cover back in 1972 when it was released was completely round and covered with a silver film to resemble a 12" coin.

20 years ago I acquired a large stash of records.

If you include the cover, inside cover (fold type) and back cover, I like Doobie Brothers Toulouse Street and some of the old Yes albums.

I never listened to Herb Alpert, but this album was pivotal in my development.

herb.jpg

And here is a classic, with the real zipper on the vinyl release.

rolling-stones-sticky-fingers-zipper.jpg

I was always impressed with this cover when i was younger.....Maybe just because it had Zero the Hero's head about to fly through the quim of the moon.

543459.jpg

I figured I better follow up "Sticky Fingers" with something more interesting on a primal level. I don't know the album, but the cover works for me, lol.

casanovaallbeautymustdie.jpg

I was never impressed with that. The zipper fooked up the artwork on my copy of Yessongs! That was a triple album, and cost me a bloody fortune at the time! :mad:

Understood. Given that all my vinyl is now confined to boxes in the basement, I am no longer too worried about the covers, lol.

Back