What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I tried those new fangled boards - tore my mcl. Back to skis. Get off my lawn

Heading to hot tub.
View attachment 255921

I've jumped over skiers in the middle of trails. Why? Because it's not my fault you sit there with a ski on one leg while the other has flown over the side of the mountain. It's called GTFO of the way.

Skiers are the Dar of the craft beer world. :D

More 60 Shilling.

Edit: Try that again with a different pic.

20150212_183237[1].jpg

I learned on skis. Quite fun. I agree though, there is more swerving though most skiers don't like boarders because they tend to cut you off and then fall down on their butts in front of them.
snowboarding is fun too. Tougher I might add.

Only the bad snowboarders fall like that. I fall but only when Im hauling too much ass and hit moguls im not expecting haha Thats always fun to experience.

Only the bad snowboarders fall like that. I fall but only when Im hauling too much ass and hit moguls im not expecting haha Thats always fun to experience.

Dunno. I have seen a lot both that way and the ones who hot dog it and then take the mogul then park it to wait for their friends. I have been the hot dogging skier as well who falls after a mogul.

I did both. I always thought of skiing as easier to learn but harder to master, and snowboarding harder to learn but easier to master.

Same. I am not a master of either. I picked both up quick. Skiing faster but still hate the icy slalom terrain. As for boarding... I have trouble turning heelside. And get leg muscle fatigue after 6 hours or so. Really need to organize a trip on our crappy mountains in what's left of this winter

Any of you Viginians been to Wintergreen Resort? My wife has a conference there for work in a couple weeks and I'm tagging along for the free ride.

I did both. I always thought of skiing as easier to learn but harder to master, and snowboarding harder to learn but easier to master.

I dont think either are easy to master. I have been snowboarding for 7 or 8 years and considering myself pretty good. I can take blacks no problem but certainly dont consider to have mastered it yet. I have a lot to learn still. Either way, I think we can all agree its fun as hell!

Dunno. I have seen a lot both that way and the ones who hot dog it and then take the mogul then park it to wait for their friends. I have been the hot dogging skier as well who falls after a mogul.

Same. I am not a master of either. I picked both up quick. Skiing faster but still hate the icy slalom terrain. As for boarding... I have trouble turning heelside. And get leg muscle fatigue after 6 hours or so. Really need to organize a trip on our crappy mountains in what's left of this winter

Any of you Viginians been to Wintergreen Resort? My wife has a conference there for work in a couple weeks and I'm tagging along for the free ride.

I refuse to even try going to mountains on this side of the continent. At least anything in PA/NJ/VA/etc. Vermont/New Hampshire/Maine might be a different story. I'd been a number of places out west, and then a few places in Europe (Switzerland and Austria).

I dont think either are easy to master. I have been snowboarding for 7 or 8 years and considering myself pretty good. I can take blacks no problem but certainly dont consider to have mastered it yet. I have a lot to learn still. Either way, I think we can all agree its fun as hell!

I haven't been in more than 10 years. I miss it sometimes. It took me a long time to get good at skiing, and not long at all to pick up snowboarding. I was tearing down blacks and double blacks my first year.

Wintergreen is okay. You have to realize that east coast mountains are not 'real' mountins. You can have fun but if you are serious about skiing or riding you have to at least head up to VT or go further west. Massive nothing (Massanutten ) is my favorite around here but you should have fun. Hell any trip on mountain when it has been below freezing this much this winter should be fun.

Skiing, boarding, whatever gets you down the mountain.
View attachment 255954
Thanks finfan!

Exactly! What do you think about that one? I had another the other day and didnt mind it like I did a few months ago. It starts out nice but then starts to get a weird oak or vanilla flavor to it. I will probably make the base beer again and leave it as is.

Wintergreen is okay. You have to realize that east coast mountains are not 'real' mountins. You can have fun but if you are serious about skiing or riding you have to at least head up to VT or go further west. Massive nothing (Massanutten ) is my favorite around here but you should have fun. Hell any trip on mountain when it has been below freezing this much this winter should be fun.

Yea, now that the wife is riding with me, I think I'll be able to convince her to sign up for one of these conferences out west next year.

Sorry. But that's BS. I've snowboarded on many mountains - both East and West. I know the big thing is "East coast blues are West coast greens." That's utter BS. I've boarded in blues at Killington and Hunter that are very similar to blues at mountains in Colorado, New Mex and Oregon. Same ****.

I've been riding now for 11 years.

Edit: After re-reading your comment, I sincerely apologize. I see that you mentioned EC mtns stink besides (I'm assuming you meant) some of the VT mountains. I agree.

Excuse me as I skim posts when I drink. :D

I refuse to even try going to mountains on this side of the continent. At least anything in PA/NJ/VA/etc. Vermont/New Hampshire/Maine might be a different story. I'd been a number of places out west, and then a few places in Europe (Switzerland and Austria).

I haven't been in more than 10 years. I miss it sometimes. It took me a long time to get good at skiing, and not long at all to pick up snowboarding. I was tearing down blacks and double blacks my first year.

Damn man I would love to board outside the country. Mainly ridiculous spots like BC, NZ, or China though haha. I only get out 2-3 times a year so it took me a bit to get really comfortable with it. I did skateboard when I was a kid and I think that helped with the balance of going sideways when I first started at 15. Been an obsession of mine ever since. :rockin:

Sorry. But that's BS. I've snowboarded on many mountains - both East and West. I know the big thing is "East coast blues are West coast greens." That's utter BS. I've boarded in blues at Killington and Hunter that are very similar to blues at mountains in Colorado, New Mex and Oregon. Same ****.

Edit: After re-reading your comment, I sincerely apologize. I see that you mentioned EC mtns stink besides (I'm assuming you meant) some of the VT mountains. I agree.

I've heard the same thing. Swiss Alpine Blues are US Blacks and what not. Bollocks. Although if we're talking mid-Atlantic ranges, then I could see it being true. I've heard great things about VT mountains.

I agree. Biggest difference in east vs west is vertical drop per run. Out here I can have a 2000 ft drop and ski for 15-20 min before I need to get on a chair. My limited experience back east was shorter runs, less time between lifts.

Fins - I like the taste, but as it warms, there is more oak or something. Throws it out of balance, but I'd drink more if they were around.

Hehe I'm sorry I won't bring it up again, but fiend just finished third pint of the Hefe. Asked what final verdict was and he said "itcha getja drunk!" Lol. Oh well.

Fins - I like the taste, but as it warms, there is more oak or something. Throws it out of balance, but I'd drink more if they were around.

Yeah idk wtf that is. Kinda tastes like oak but really havent experienced that flavor before. Not terrible but certainly isnt pleasing haha.

No worries. Round here the one color upgrade is pretty true. Up north is much better. Used to head up to Killington /Red top before winters went to hell in the late 90s. No need to pologize. It's the internet. You are allowed to disagree. I really need to get up there again. Being legal drinking age now and having alchemist brewery nearby is an additional draw.

Hehe I'm sorry I won't bring it up again, but fiend just finished third pint of the Hefe. Asked what final verdict was and he said "itcha getja drunk!" Lol. Oh well.

Hey man, ive had worse! you're still new at brewing so dont let it get you down. I had more terrible beers than I'd like to admit but keep at it and you will turn a corner before you know it. The more you practice the better you get.

I agree. Biggest difference in east vs west is vertical drop per run. Out here I can have a 2000 ft drop and ski for 15-20 min before I need to get on a chair. My limited experience back east was shorter runs, less time between lifts.

I haven't been out west yet, but it's going to happen. I'm sure it will jade me on EC mountains, but for now I love any day out there, regardless.

Got a little spoiled in college getting to go to Killington multiple times a week, usually for free. But now it's a bit far for just a day trip.

I haven't been out west yet, but it's going to happen. I'm sure it will jade me on EC mountains, but for now I love any day out there, regardless.

Got a little spoiled in college getting to go to Killington multiple times a week, usually for free. But now it's a bit far for just a day trip.

That's what Hunter, Mtn Creek and Mt Snow are for.

Back