What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Me [to my 10 year old daughter]: hey, can you do me a favor and go downstairs and grab me a beer with a fish on it?

Her: you mean a Two Hearted Ale? Because, you know, I can read...

I don't know if I should be pissed at her attitude or proud that she knew THA has a fish on it.

On Two Hearted number 3.

Be proud, a couple days ago I asked my daughter to bring me any beer that is cold... Perhaps 20 beers in the fridge, she brought one of the two that were not.

I'm too lazy to read the recipe thread. When did you add the vanilla? I've used vanilla a lot in my beers (my best two beers are a vanilla porter and a vanilla blonde). I've added to secondary, boiled it, added it as it went into the ferm, etc.)

thought, i replied but didn't see it in the thread...

Vanilla was added at kegging...extract was made by scrapping/chopping 6 beans at the start of fermentation into 50mL of Absolute vodka. About three weeks later, the extract was filtered into the keg and and beer racked on top.

thought, i replied but didn't see it in the thread...

Vanilla was added at kegging...extract was made by scrapping/chopping 6 beans at the start of fermentation into 50mL of Absolute vodka. About three weeks later, the extract was filtered into the keg and and beer racked on top.

That's what I did for my porter...except I added to ferm for a week, like a dry hop.

Where has @mattmmille been?

Thought it was your job to watch him.

Nightcap, this years is really good, need to pick up more,

image.jpg

Be proud, a couple days ago I asked my daughter to bring me any beer that is cold... Perhaps 20 beers in the fridge, she brought one of the two that were not.

My 18 month old is currently going from the next room back to me going "beer, beer, beer" and hooking me up with a stockpile.

Something happened this winter that I cannot explain. My die hard BMC friends have gotten into Hopslam. I may start sharing my HB a little more freely now.

Thought it was your job to watch him.

Nightcap, this years is really good, need to pick up more,

@Hello is closer, but you've got the Insanity, so....

I've been working on the honey-do list and pretty much too tired to drink. Last night, I accidently left the dishwasher door down and had my back to it...took a step back and WHAM! The big man hit the floor. Nothing broken, but what was already sore got more sore and what wasn't, is.

SWMBO has been craving a White Russian (cocktail, you gutter minded alkies). So I dropped by the ABC store (state run liquor store) and bought some vodka and coffee liquer. Since some of the vodka may go towards airlocks and adjunct soaking and the rest, plus the coffee liquer will be mixed, I went for basic brands...so I call it "The White Trash Russian". SWMBO took 3 sips, commented how strong it was and handed the rest back to me. Damn. And I didn't even tell her that I had half a shaker left in the kitchen.

IMG_20150212_212517835.jpg

IMG_20150212_213744817.jpg

Homebrew IPA and APA from a friend, for picking him up some Abyss.

Trying to figure everything out for the trip to Denver next week for SWMBO's grandfather's funeral.

Can't decide if we should try to make it in one shot (13 hours) with a 4 and 1 year old...leaving at 4 am.

Back