Need quick advice adjuncts effect on priming sugar quantity

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jayjay

Reaction score
Hi
I am about to bottle my first milk stout in which i will be adding a tincture of roasted cacao nibs and vanilla beans to the bottling bucket right before bottling.

However i am in doubt as to whether the sugar contents of the adjuncts would mess up the usual priming sugar quantity and therefore might result in bottle bombs or over carbonation

Anybody got experience with this?

My first thought was to add to secondary and let the yeast ferment possible sugars during a couple of days, however i want to split the batch in making the milk stout without adjuncts, as well as 2 batches of differing amounts of adjunct - i figured this could easily be done when bottling by gradually adding the tincture during bottling.

Hope you can help
Cheers

Hi
I am about to bottle my first milk stout in which i will be adding a tincture of roasted cacao nibs and vanilla beans to the bottling bucket right before bottling.

However i am in doubt as to whether the sugar contents of the adjuncts would mess up the usual priming sugar quantity and therefore might result in bottle bombs or over carbonation

The sugar content of cacao nibs and vanilla beans is negligible (for bottle priming calculation purposes).

Right i followed your advice and so far no bottle bombs so thats a plus :)
Cheers guys

Back