LALBREW NEW ENGLAND v VERDANT IPA

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Onthebrew

Reaction score
id be interested in hearing from people who have experience with aboth these yeast as to how they compare. ive used the verdant one quite a bit and using again in a recipe thats actually calling for the NE one which ive never used.

its for a slightly hazy IPA with an IBU of 40 so more west coast than NEIPA but with some of those qualities.

Verdant has evolved from London iii i believe. and lalbrew NE is Conan , but for all intents and purposes have people found are they interchangable?

I can't speak to them flavor-wise, but I do know that the recommended pitch rate (according to Lallemand) for New England is a little more than double that of Verdant. Something to consider I suppose if you tend to lean more frugal.

I wouldn't consider them interchangeable. I've found Verdant IPA to be very "meh" in everything except NE pale ales and IPAs. It might work for your west coast beer, not sure, don't brew west coast stuff. Conan, OTOH, I found to be an extremely versatile yeast, working in pretty much everything British derived (mini-disclaimer: my Conan was harvested from a can, not the Lalbrew edition). Anyway, "only one way to find out".

Back