How I Got Kicked From Beer Advocate (& HBT)

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Speaking of popcorn...anyone use the Whirlypop? I love mine!

I do! I love mine. In fact, I should go downstairs and make some popcorn.

I think it's safe to say this kid isn't coming back to this thread. If he does, he'll repost the same post he's already posted 4 times over. The same one that lacks all aspects of punctuation, grammar, and sanity. I'm not an English major, but I can see school-kid meltdown when it happens.

That's because you ROWK too much. :rockin:

I know :rockin:

31432_1467755777604_355771_n.jpg

I think it's safe to say this kid isn't coming back to this thread. If he does, he'll repost the same post he's already posted 4 times over. The same one that lacks all aspects of punctuation, grammar, and sanity. I'm not an English major, but I can see school-kid meltdown when it happens.

its sad they cant even enjoy the fun that they started too bad they ended up getting a ban hammer but at least a donkey was won

(I posted as such in their honor...it hurt a lot to do so.)

I do! I love mine. In fact, I should go downstairs and make some popcorn.

Since its been a few pages...

your misunderstanding what I'm saying I aid hops and barley are the main ingredients just because it's a fact they are and I didn't feel like listing every adjunct out there. I'm fine with all grain based Malts and adjusts and I'm also fine with pretty much every kind of sugar out there In fact I've been working on a molasses cookie porter for a while it's just when you add things that give beer a completely uncharacteristic flavor and also I limit myself because I have a way which I think things should be done and that's what's going to help me develop my own style I'm not against adding herbs and things to beer in fact I plan on using ginseng and other natural remedies for relaxation and stress relief, it's the people who don't even think about what they're putting in intelligently. I mean I work really hard on forming my recipes and I think every step of it out and I think just the fact that people have to ask if it's a good idea or what would happen shows that they didn't really put much thought into it.

I've brewed beers with:

chocolate
pine needles
honeysuckle
wild grapes
dewberries
sassafras
cranberries
cinnamon
coriander
oranges
apples
jalapenos

or a combination of these things, and I've blended batches.

I love alternative ingredients and when I was still a fairly new brewer I liked using fruit because I could freeze it and add it to the cooling wort at 180*F and it would speed up the cooling process substantially while simultaneously pasteurizing my fruit.

Don't knock it till you try it man.

I didn't read your whole post, but I do want to ask how your pine needle beer came out. I like pine.

its sad they cant even enjoy the fun that they started too bad they ended up getting a ban hammer but at least a donkey was won

(I posted as such in their honor...it hurt a lot to do so.)

How do you know they were banned from HBT?

your misunderstanding what I'm saying I aid hops and barley are the main ingredients just because it's a fact they are and I didn't feel like listing every adjunct out there. I'm fine with all grain based Malts and adjusts and I'm also fine with pretty much every kind of sugar out there In fact I've been working on a molasses cookie porter for a while it's just when you add things that give beer a completely uncharacteristic flavor and also I limit myself because I have a way which I think things should be done and that's what's going to help me develop my own style I'm not against adding herbs and things to beer in fact I plan on using ginseng and other natural remedies for relaxation and stress relief, it's the people who don't even think about what they're putting in intelligently. I mean I work really hard on forming my recipes and I think every step of it out and I think just the fact that people have to ask if it's a good idea or what would happen shows that they didn't really put much thought into it.

Ahhh, the 3 most eloquent sentences ever written by human hands...

Figured it out:
He was dictating on his phone. Obviously, while a bit excited. So, between the phone dictation, emotions, and flowing conscience thought; it added up to one hilarious two sentence paragraph!

You put way too much thought into this.

Between this thread and "please delete" I can't remember the last time I said anything intelligent...:eek:...but having a hell of time!:)

I think what we have here is a failure to communicate efficiently obviously the OP isnt a fan of punctuation and all that so it might be better to communicate using a common form so I decided to write this post in order for others to be able to read it as well but also for the OP to be able to read it because his earlier posts suggest this may be the way that hes used to reading and stuff like that I actually read a book once that had like a ton of run on sentences but I stuck with it because it was kind of interesting there was decent character development in the beginning and I thought to myself OK this is just how the writer is opening it up almost like hey this is going to be stream of consciousness for a bit because thats how he wants me to get into the characters heads but it turns out that he just wrote the whole book like that Im not sure if there was an editor involved or not but I definitely didnt think so and Ive read a whole ****load of books so I know Im smart about it at this point in my life but I also try not to get to cocky about it because this is what happens when you do and while Im mildly amused by the whole thread the fact that the OP seems to have this unjustified air of superiority within three posts on this forum and Im all for confidence but this a bit excessive to say the least which reminds me there is an autoshop place here in town called excessive auto sports and its where all the goofy tuner kids go and talk about cars all day and watch mechanics do oil changes on honda civics like its some huge deal like Oh man look at that K&N air filter my god that thing must do like 169 in third but I digress so back to what I was originally saying I kind of just hope that this thread will serve as a huge slice of humble pie but I think all of this trolling and feedback will be lost on our OP so I guess we'll probably just continue to talk about popcorn and all that but I still stand by my original thought that friggin kettle corn sucks and I could probably make better kettle corn than all of you guys if I even cared enough to try but I only pop corn by the pure popping corn standards set forth by the native americans that inhabited this land long before my forefathers showed up on ships from sweden and then had sex with a bunch of different people from a bunch of different origins and now I just dont know what the hell I am but I usually tell people Im an American because thats the best way I know to describe it so thats pretty much it in a nutshell.

I feel as though I robbed the people by not sharing what my Cracker Jack prize was...

A San Diego Padres Baseball Club sticker...

Between this thread and "please delete" I can't remember the last time I said anything intelligent...:eek:

wish I could say that about my contributions to other threads besides just those 2

I was going to say "your" contributions, but I much prefer self-deprecating comments.

Back