How I Got Kicked From Beer Advocate (& HBT)

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
@1977Brewer I'll take today at 4 pm EST.

The OP's posting of the same response 4 times and his behavior at BA clearly says to me that he has lost his **** and he's nuts.

Not to mention his thread about sanitizing air for his Breaking Bad style lab and brew room.

Is that kettle corn made with GMO?
I would be interested in knowing if anyone has done a side-by-side and if there is a flavor difference, or if they suddenly develop mutant (or inhuman, to use the Agents of SHEILD term) powers after eating it.

I'm a member on BA as well as here, and yes, there can be some self-absorbed folks who think they know a lot more than they do, and theirs is the only way of doing things, (heck, some of my own posts can probably be looked at that way; if so, I apologize...) but there are a lot more people who have been brewing at home and professionally longer than a lot of other posters have been alive, who are happy to share their knowledge and opinions on what may or may not work in a brew, and diagnosing problems that have occurred.
No forum anywhere is perfect, nor are the people who post there, such is life on the internet: anyone who has heard about something is instantly an expert in that subject. It just comes down to spending time and getting to know the forum. Both here and BA, I know there are certain members whose posts I can pretty much ignore, and others who I want to read everything they write.

The OP's posting of the same response 4 times and his behavior at BA clearly says to me that he has lost his **** and he's nuts.

Did he actually get banned from BA or did he come over here just to start trouble, so he could go back over there and post about it all.

If he's on mobile, it's super easy to multi post if you don't just inore the occasional error message.

But other than that, dude's crazy.

Did he actually get banned from BA or did he come over here just to start trouble, so he could go back over there and post about it all.

Way back in like 2001, I was very active on Bad Religion's Official forum. There was a massive flame war with some other band's forum....it started in a very similar fashion to this.

I didn't get involved in that one, and I sure won't get involved in this. Well, aside from sitting back and snickering at the obvious trolling and troll baiting.

Aren't the typical rules - "Closest to the actual retail price/the time without going over."

I don't know the rules that well. I haven't read the book yet.

Gotta admit, it has been kinda fun to watch this thread degrade into......

Degrade is an odd word for evolve into awesomeness.

Before this thread is locked and the keys thrown away I just have one thing to say: Anyone that puts ketchup on eggs has to be crazy...now beer, that's okay IMHO.

Is it time for the goats yet? :goat:

I just wish Gary would have been around for "Home brewing needs a woman's touch". I bet he would have had some really deep insights... :D

That was almost as ridiculous though....

Before this thread is locked and the keys thrown away I just have one thing to say: Anyone that puts ketchup on eggs has to be crazy...now beer, that's okay IMHO.

Oh man, a million times this.

I like ketchup on my hashbrowns, but if that **** touches my eggs, I whip the entire plate at the wall.

To the OP:

In just a few days on this forum, you've managed to alienate most of the people who could be helpful to you.

We have a list of rules you agreed to when you signed up, but the biggest rule of all is the unwritten one. It's simple- "Don't be a dick!"

That really is the only rule to abide by.

If you have to ask yourself, "Am I being a dick?", then the answer is probably obvious.

Ok, I'm going to be the responsible party here and get this thread back on "General Beer Discussion". Given we are talking about odd adjuncts...

Kettle Corn/Popcorn Beer?

This thread needs to live on. Moved to somewhere else, but it needs to live!

To the OP:

In just a few days on this forum, you've managed to alienate most of the people who could be helpful to you.

We have a list of rules you agreed to when you signed up, but the biggest rule of all is the unwritten one. It's simple- "Don't be a dick!"

That really is the only rule to abide by.

If you have to ask yourself, "Am I being a dick?", then the answer is probably obvious.

annnd @Hello gets the Donkey.

It's purely symbolic, I am not giving away the only trophy I've ever won. Participant trophies don't count.

All this talk of popcorn forced me to go out and buy Cracker Jack. I regret my decision, but at least I got a "Fun Prize".

Well, you lost twice today then.

1. Cracker Jacks are even worse than kettle corn

2. The prizes were fun, in 1930... when all kids had to play with was dirt and a wooden hoop and a stick.

annnd @Hello gets the Donkey.

It's purely symbolic, I am not giving away the only trophy I've ever won. Participant trophies don't count.

Who?

When I make kettle corn, I use a secondary.

Autolysis of kettle corn is a myth. It only applies to commercial kettle corning operations where they have huge cylindro-conical kettle corn fermenters putting tons of pressure on the kettle corn fairies that ferment delicious regular popcorn into disgusting unnaturally sweet kettle corn.

The only reason to secondary is if you're barrel aging your kettle corn.

I think it's ok to add various things to a wort to come up with a different sort of beer. But catsup, & the like might not work so well...but you never know. These days, I'm into trying beer recipes that haven't been brewed in centuries, or are rare these days. I think it's cool to try the beers our ancestors, grandpas, etc might've enjoyed. Get a little window into the past. There's another point for the OP to consider...

1) Kettle popcorn is an abomination
2) Only thing better than ketchup on scrambled eggs is Frank's hot sauce
3) You should only dry hop with babies
4) Ketchup might actually work since the sugars that make it so sweet would probably ferment out and leave you with an underlying tartness

I have read numerous books and visited countless forums so I obviously know what I am talking about here.

So someone said on this thread that IMO sets the men apart from the boys. What does the imHo do? :D

I do have to agree, ketchup on eggs is nasty. Truth be told, I think ketchup on anything is nasty.

The OP better go to Stone, Ballast Point, Rogue, and a bunch of other breweries and tell them that he's read books and that peppers dont go in beer.

But I have to ask him, if ketchup is so bad in beer, then what should we do about the guy here on HBT that put cat hair in his beer to begin the souring process? Ha!

Not a huge fan of kettle corn, had a "cheesy pizza" gourmet popcorn the other day at Mother Earth Brewing. Pretty dang tasty.

There, I think I caught myself up with everything on this thread, now I will quadruple post this reply and remove any shred of punctuation to let you all know that Im serious. :mug:

Grog’s Rules for Food

#4 – Ketchup is ONLY for potatoes, except for mashed or baked

and I truly believe if something used in brewing turned out to be truly awesome, there would be awesome commercial versions of it. Example: tonight I'm going to try Old Ox's 2nd pepper beer (first was an outstanding chocolate & red chile stout, one tonight is a jalapeño pale)

so, until someone can point me to an awesome commercially-available ketchup beer, I'd say the ketchup beer myth is busted

edit: tomatoes are a different critter entirely. ketchup is made with vinegar and I think would completely destroy a beer

It should also be pointed out if you microwave popcorn it forms crystals that will suck the soul right out of you leaving you an empty husk. Also I believe the add fish livers and a bunch of other bad additives to it, should probably get the Food Babe to investigate it more.

55213182.jpg

So someone said on this thread that IMO sets the men apart from the boys. What does the imHo do? :D

I do have to agree, ketchup on eggs is nasty. Truth be told, I think ketchup on anything is nasty.

The OP better go to Stone, Ballast Point, Rogue, and a bunch of other breweries and tell them that he's read books and that peppers dont go in beer.

But I have to ask him, if ketchup is so bad in beer, then what should we do about the guy here on HBT that put cat hair in his beer to begin the souring process? Ha!

Not a huge fan of kettle corn, had a "cheesy pizza" gourmet popcorn the other day at Mother Earth Brewing. Pretty dang tasty.

There, I think I caught myself up with everything on this thread, now I will quadruple post this reply and remove any shred of punctuation to let you all know that Im serious. :mug:

Catsup on an egg sandwich absorbed the sulfur aroma that would normally emanate from the school lunch box when it was opened.

Back