DYI fermentation chamber

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Bruce you were after a suggestion to secure temp probe.

Somewhere I saw the mention of plumbers putty. I don't have any of this but have used blu tack to hold the probe onto the side of the fermenter and then put a piece of sleeping mat foam on top of this held on with a bungee cord. Much better than my previous double sided tape and foam insulation method.
I like the axial fans you've used to promote airflow over the condenser. I'm not sure which way the hot enters the condenser grid but you might find a cross flow or up flow is better ( heat rising etc ) something to experiment with.

Bruce you were after a suggestion to secure temp probe.

Somewhere I saw the mention of plumbers putty. I don't have any of this but have used blu tack to hold the probe onto the side of the fermenter and then put a piece of sleeping mat foam on top of this held on with a bungee cord. Much better than my previous double sided tape and foam insulation method.
I like the axial fans you've used to promote airflow over the condenser. I'm not sure which way the hot enters the condenser grid but you might find a cross flow or up flow is better ( heat rising etc ) something to experiment with.
Thanks for the suggestion, that might work.

Regarding the fan position, the hot gas enters at the top of the condenser and exits at the bottom. Most heat is in the upper third and the blowers exhaust over that section. There is a measurable difference of about 15 degrees Celsius on that section with the fans on. The flow seems to dissipate about halfway down.

Looks professional. Love it - thank you so much for sharing all the photos and progress!

Back