2011 HBT Fantasy Baseball Season!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
"Go walden!!!"...told you soo lol

I only kick myself for not picking him up, woulda shoulda coulda.

What did you tell me? Last time i checked, I don't EVER take fantasy advice from you...I've know about young Jordo Walden for awhile now. That why I drafted Downs and skipped over Rodney to pick up Walden knowing he'd be the closer.

Speaking as the owner of Fernando Rodney, I hope Walden falls flat on his face his first outing. How's that for trash talk?

But seriously, what exactly makes Walden the Angels' go-to-guy now as compared to at the end of training camp? I don't think you can judge closers by one blown save. Hell, closing is (imo) the toughest job in baseball. Everybody blows one now and then.

Now, what the flying **** do I do with Rodney? I think I'll hold on to him for a couple of games anyhow, just in case Walden blows up.

Speaking as the owner of Fernando Rodney, I hope Walden falls flat on his face his first outing. How's that for trash talk?

But seriously, what exactly makes Walden the Angels' go-to-guy now as compared to at the end of training camp? I don't think you can judge closers by one blown save. Hell, closing is (imo) the toughest job in baseball. Everybody blows one now and then.

Now, what the flying **** do I do with Rodney? I think I'll hold on to him for a couple of games anyhow, just in case Walden blows up.

Well I guess you didn't do your research when you picked up Rodney. Walden has been hot all spring and then lights out as a reliever to start the season and he already got 2 saves this year:rockin:

Rodney took Fuentes Closer job last year(I had him then) but he is very unreliable. He's got poor command of his stuff. His stuff is GOOD, he throws hard, but he was so much of a Risk that the Halos brought Downs in during the off season. Too bad Downs breaks his big toe playing with his brats. Oh well, I have Walden and you have Rodney.

Thats how you talk trash!

On draft day when you drafted downs, I said you should have grabed walden because its not downs that will get it when rodney fails, "its walden their are grooming to be the closer". Alfred will vouch, word for word. It wasn't advice, I said "told you so" because I was right that walden would be the closer. For you knowing about walden a long time its funny when I mentioned walden on draft day you replied..."who?", besides..if you "knew" walden would get it, drafting downs makes no sense, almost as much sense as me stupidly drafting jd drew :-(. Walden was over downs even if he was healthy, all the closer charts had it and there was even an article on walden was being groomed and was the drew storen of the angels. Either way, not important, we don't need to bicker like children, we can just let our future matchup settle it lol.

I hope walden pulls a lidge.

I do admit drabek was a great draft though.

On draft day when you drafted downs, I said you should have grabed walden because its not downs that will get it when rodney fails, "its walden their are grooming to be the closer". Alfred will vouch, word for word. It wasn't advice, I said "told you so" because I was right that walden would be the closer. For you knowing about walden a long time its funny when I mentioned walden on draft day you replied..."who?", besides..if you "knew" walden would get it, drafting downs makes no sense, almost as much sense as me stupidly drafting jd drew :-(. Walden was over downs even if he was healthy, all the closer charts had it and there was even an article on walden was being groomed and was the drew storen of the angels. Either way, not important, we don't need to bicker like children, we can just let our future matchup settle it lol.

I hope walden pulls a lidge.

I do admit drabek was a great draft though.

I drafted Downs for the same reason I picked up Draybek and Walden off the free agent list...They were available at the right time. I drafted Kimbrel and Venters cuz i wasn't exactly sure who'd be the ATL closer, now we all know that Kimbrel is the man.

I knew who Walden was @ the draft...I wasn't about to let you know it though. Just because you read the ESPN News notes on a player doesn't mean you know what you're talking about....drafting JD Drew is an example of that. Not trying to bicker with you at all. Besides if Downs hadn't broken his big toe, he'd be closing, not Walden.

I'm going to see Big Time Timmy Jim pitch vs LA on Tuesday.
w00t

hopefully LA's small number of gangbanger supporters (I won't call them fans) won't be able to travel to SF because of their parole restrictions.

photo1.PNG

I'm going to see Big Time Timmy Jim pitch vs LA on Tuesday.
w00t

hopefully LA's small number of gangbanger supporters (I won't call them fans) won't be able to travel to SF because of their parole restrictions.

photo1.PNG

You'd better hope The Freak pitches better than he did last thursday @ Dodger Stadium....Also, isn't it Ironic that Barry Zito got "Rear Ended" in West Hollywood? I'm just saying...

Real easy targeting the low lifes that claim to be Dodger fans. They are scum, I agree. Lets not forget all those "classy" Craigslist ads that SF citizens have posted in regards to vengence, murder and mayhem on LA fans this coming homestand...

hey now... I did say: "small number of gangbanger supporters (I won't call them fans)"

so as not to group them in w/ real LA fans.

edit: I just looked up Tim's stats from the first LA game. Yeah we lost but that wasn't on him. He allowed -0- earned runs over 7 innings. The defense had 3 errors.

hey now... I did say: "small number of gangbanger supporters (I won't call them fans)"

so as not to group them in w/ real LA fans.

edit: I just looked up Tim's stats from the first LA game. Yeah we lost but that wasn't on him. He allowed -0- earned runs over 7 innings. The defense had 3 errors.

You didn't watch the game....He did not have his stuff.

Can you guys help me understand something?

There is way to sort free agent pitchers by "probable starters". But, if you pick one of them up they can't start until the next day rendering the point of knowing if they are pitching that day completely useless. Am I missing something? Why would they show that if you can't actually use those players for the day they are playing? Maybe you can actually use that player if you pick them up early enough in the day. It's possible maybe another game had started to that's the cut off or something?

There is also a "tomorrow's games" games sorting options that will show which players will be pitching on a day you can actually use them. I guess Im just confused about the probably starters option.

I digress...I just had a guy I picked up who did decent but I didnt get the points. Oh well!

edit: now that I look I can see there was a game that started at 11:00am ET and I didnt pick up the player untill well after that; I assume that's why I wasn't able to play him.

Wow I just did it again....I went to "Tomorrow's games" and some of the pitchers are marked as starters. I just assumed that meant they are starting tomorrow. Nope! wasted another waiver move. God I love yahoo

Cool trophies...!

Looks like I will be taking home the least points this week. Things are just not falling for me, or falling down too hard [J Hamilton *sigh*].

Yep othon needs the trophies, comes from not getting enough gold stars in kindergarten lol.

JK cause I know (as the reigning hi krausen trophy champ of 2010) if I earned the most points last week Id be wondering where they were too lol

Something funny, in the 5280 sluggers hockey league we did, he gave a trophy for the biggest point deficit (the loser got a trophy: saying he got beat like the red headed step child that their team was that week) actually it was something like "wow, my ass hurts", only problem with that trophy is Im sure it was annoying doing the math to see which beating was the worst(i know I would've gotten tired of figuring it out)

not requesting another trophy just though you guys would get a kick out of it

Cool trophies...!

Looks like I will be taking home the least points this week. Things are just not falling for me, or falling down too hard [J Hamilton *sigh*].

You forgot Ian Kennedys 3 innings that had to be unbearable to watch as an owner. Gave me a little more faith in pujols slow start.

Can you guys help me understand something?

There is way to sort free agent pitchers by "probable starters". But, if you pick one of them up they can't start until the next day rendering the point of knowing if they are pitching that day completely useless. Am I missing something? Why would they show that if you can't actually use those players for the day they are playing? Maybe you can actually use that player if you pick them up early enough in the day. It's possible maybe another game had started to that's the cut off or something?

There is also a "tomorrow's games" games sorting options that will show which players will be pitching on a day you can actually use them. I guess Im just confused about the probably starters option.

I digress...I just had a guy I picked up who did decent but I didnt get the points. Oh well!

edit: now that I look I can see there was a game that started at 11:00am ET and I didnt pick up the player untill well after that; I assume that's why I wasn't able to play him.

Wow I just did it again....I went to "Tomorrow's games" and some of the pitchers are marked as starters. I just assumed that meant they are starting tomorrow. Nope! wasted another waiver move. God I love yahoo

yeah you have to pick up a player before the very first game(league wide) of the day for the points to count(hope your a morning person...I know it sucks for us 4 west coasters cause of the time change, but then again you are all sleeping when were 1201 hits for us at 8/9, its too bad most league changes like Waiver pick ups dont happen until 3 am or 6am EST)[zimmerman was announced to the DL but it showed DTD until 8am the next day, so I couldnt add a 3B for that day].

I shouldnt tell you this with how pitching is in our league and the need to do daily pick ups but Another trick: use the schedule tab on the "player" FA page, its next to the "Stats", "research", "News", and "Eligibility" tabs. It will show the Probable Pitcher for each day that week. Make sure you have SP chosen at the top.

You forgot Ian Kennedys 3 innings that had to be unbearable to watch as an owner. Gave me a little more faith in pujols slow start.

Yeah, I'm trying to forget... trust me!

Cool trophies...!

I dunno. Between injuries to my pitching staff (Ubaldo's been out since opening day with -- get this -- a torn cuticle on his pitching hand), ugly choices of who to sit vs. who to play (as in nearly 60 points on my bench yesterday), and injuries to position players, this week's shaping up to be a real cluster**** for the sluggers.

At least there's always next week.

Wendy, looks like I'd better redeem the beating I took from the champ this past week. Would you like to wager a 6 pack of suds on our matchup this week?

Wendy, looks like I'd better redeem the beating I took from the champ this past week. Would you like to wager a 6 pack of suds on our matchup this week?

I should have taken that bet! Who knew Tulo was going to treat the Mets like redheaded stepchildren?!?

Now that I ask that, I imagine anyone who isn't a Mets fan knew that was coming.

JohnnyO said:
I should have taken that bet! Who knew Tulo was going to treat the Mets like redheaded stepchildren?!?

Now that I ask that, I imagine anyone who isn't a Mets fan knew that was coming.

Nope, your the only mets fan..lol. O' you should have paid off some bum in denver to follow tulo home, jump him and give him some abdominal pain or something. Probly would have accepted a jacket as payment.

Today is Patriot's Day in Boston. First pitch is something like 12 noon EST.

Just an FYI for your lineups.

MMTG said:

i'm up for a bet-- but what kind of beer?
my award winners or commercial.
:)
(sorry for delay, i was camping this wknd)

eh, I can get all CA beers... and I just mailed 3 beer shipments for the hbt contest. PITA & expensive.

$5 or $10 via paypal? I will buy a beer or two with it if I win.

eh, I can get all CA beers... and I just mailed 3 beer shipments for the hbt contest. PITA & expensive.

$5 or $10 via paypal? I will buy a beer or two with it if I win.

Thanks but no thanks. I don't need $5 or 10 bucks-Shipping beer is NOT a PITA and wouldn't be expensive in from SFO to LA. Oh well,the joy in opening up a 6 pack after a hard won week of FBB is the prize.

Thanks but no thanks. I don't need $5 or 10 bucks-Shipping beer is NOT a PITA and wouldn't be expensive in from SFO to LA. Oh well,the joy in opening up a 6 pack after a hard won week of FBB is the prize.

One that I don't get to look forward to right now because I'm such a wuss.

Wendy, why did you delete your comment about how well M.Cain was going to do today against the rockies:confused:

Ha ha. I deleted it this morning when I woke up hungover from all the Pliny beerz last nite.

Obviously I jinxed them. lol.

6 ER for Cain. we are so not BFFs right now!

but the Pliny on tap at The Page was delicious & free so maybe it was worth it.

BREAKING NEWS: Major League Baseball takes financial control of the Dodgers from owner Frank McCourt

This made my freaking day! I hate Frank "McBroke" and his old lady. They have done nothing good for my beloved Dodgers and I can't wait til he is forced to sell them team. I haven't been to a Dodger game since last year(Dodgers vs. Yankees) and WILL NOT pay to see the Dodgers play @ Dodger Stadium while McCourt owns the team. I have travelled to SF,SD and will go to AZ and CO to see the dodgers play this year.

Had to vent, hate the McCourts. I bet Selig Appoints Torre as his "Representative" soon...Here's the full story below

http://www.latimes.com/sports/la-sp-dodgers-selig-mccourt,0,1950297.story

Crazy. The LA franchise has been going downhill bc of its owners. I have no idea what will happen next.

Of course here we have our share of terrible owners too (Yorks- Niners; Al- Raiders). There should be some kind of test besides having the money.

Professional teams are part of the public trust.

Back