2011 HBT Fantasy Baseball Season!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
John-
I went a little crazy!
I entered an Alt;
a KY common [for which there is no cat, so I called it a Flemish ole braun or something I've never heard of];
a Mild [for the Orfy mini-mild side comp];
a Wit;
an IPA and
.... wait for it.... a bacon beer (base: brown ale).
My hopes lie in the Mild & the Alt.

You sure did go a little crazy. And a bacon beer? How did it come out. I want to believe that it is just liquid awesome, but I'm afraid of it being too smoky. A brown ale sounds like a great base for it though.

I tweaked my Keepers today. I dropped Josh Johnson and added Mike Stanton. Johnson has tremendous upside, and I've had him on all of my fantasy teams for the past 3-4 years. The guy's been a stud. But with his injurious end last year, questions are raised.

Stanton is being touted as a possible HR king. I can't pass this up.

I was not a fan of the bacon beer. Others like it better than me! I sent a bottle of the bacon beer to Yooper... she sent me a PM.

"Originally Posted by Yooper
We finally broke open a few beers today with my brewing buddy! We tried a few other "odd" beers sent to me over the last couple of months, so it was a great sampling day.

We all really liked the bacon beer! Everyone agreed the bacon was subtle, in the aftertaste, and that the base beer itself was quite good. Bob enjoyed it too, even though he didn't think he would at first. It'd definitely say that beer was a success!

Thank you so much for letting me try it. We had some other interesting beers to try today- a smoked stout, an all-brett beer, and a couple of others so it was a lot of fun and helped us all enjoy them. We all liked your beer beer the best!"

I was not a fan of the bacon beer. Others like it better than me! I sent a bottle of the bacon beer to Yooper... she sent me a PM.

"Originally Posted by Yooper
We finally broke open a few beers today with my brewing buddy! We tried a few other "odd" beers sent to me over the last couple of months, so it was a great sampling day.

We all really liked the bacon beer! Everyone agreed the bacon was subtle, in the aftertaste, and that the base beer itself was quite good. Bob enjoyed it too, even though he didn't think he would at first. It'd definitely say that beer was a success!

Thank you so much for letting me try it. We had some other interesting beers to try today- a smoked stout, an all-brett beer, and a couple of others so it was a lot of fun and helped us all enjoy them. We all liked your beer beer the best!"

Nice. Congrats. How did you incorporate the bacon? Mash? Boil? Dry Hop???

Dry-HOGGED it!

that term is basically the reason I made the beer.

Seriously? That's hysterical. How coooked was the bacon? Well done? Any fat left? I would be concerned about the oils cutting down on head retention.

I baked it for a long time (60 minutes?) and it was dark & crispy. I soaked up all the fat out i could with paper towels, too... but it lacks a head b/c of the oils.

Nice. I was watching Diners, Drive-Ins and Dives one night and a bartender mixed hot bacon fat with bourbon, and let it rest for a day, and took off the congealed fat. I may try that one time to see how much bacon flavor comes out. If it works, maybe at that to a small batch. Brown Ale seems like a good base for it.

Yes its true I got beat twice and and found out I shouldn't be playing fantasy hockey, especially since I know nothing about it, I look forward to sticking to baseball, sadly isn't that hockey league a keeper league? Man its like a gang I can't get out alive.

Blood in, Blood out. ;)

I'm sure we'll have some turnover next season. If you still want out then, lemme know, and I'll find a replacement owner. We'll need several, most likely.

Now: Back on topic: When are my beloved Rox going to understand that Aaron Cook is done. Finished. Over. Kaput. If they can't keep him healthy during spring workouts, how the hell is he supposed to be a valuable member of the pitching staff for the marathon of the regular season?

*sigh*

YES ITS DRAFT DAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

AND BREW DAY!!!

GOOD LUCK EVERYONE< AND HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO WHOMEVER SAID THEY WERE HAVING FAMILY OVER AND THEN KICKING THEM OUT IN TIME< AND HAVE A GOOD DINNER WITH TONS OF MARGARITAS JOHN lol

Yo Johnny,

Happy birthday! Also, whats up with keepers? There's No setting choice(that I can see) in the 2010 league to choose our 7 keepers....there's that setting in the 2011 league, but wouldn't that be for the 2012 keepers?

Up at the top of the ' My Team' page is a link to set keepers (near your team name). That will take you to a page to set them.

Sent from my iPod touch using HB Talk

Next year, will someone remind me that we should have the draft about a week later? This is a little soon. Who knows if anyone will go down in Spring Training with an injury a la Joe Nathan.

Next year, will someone remind me that we should have the draft about a week later? This is a little soon. Who knows if anyone will go down in Spring Training with an injury a la Joe Nathan.

Seriously you freaking BONEHEAD!

hahaha.

So I had two margaritas and a pork burrito. Just undid my top button and settling in for this draft...

Carson(Urban achievers) Alfred(IPA Junkies) and Me(Lotharios) are @ my shop drinking a keg of Ballast Pointe Yellowtail Pale Ale....

Carson had a Draft board custom made! I has stickers for every [player, so we can track who's taken, here's a pic

IMG00540-20110313-1659.jpg

they call that a food coma

That is exactly what this is. To add insult to injury, we stopped at the drug store where I bought a bag of jelly beans. Freakin bag split down the middle, so I had to eat half of them.

I'm going to be a hurtin buckeroo in about 30 minutes

That's freakin awesome!!!

Seriously, its preety freaking sweet! Here's a shot of the 55" Sharp Aquos Quatron in the foreground being dwarfed by my 24" screen...oh yeah, Alfred on the left and Carson on the right

IMG00542-20110313-1705.jpg

hey, sorry I got in super late to the draft. and wasting 2 minutes of your time each round. I thought it was set for auto-pick!
I am sorry about that. It is my first time.

No worries, Wendy. After the first round, it went to autopick. It only clicked off when you signed in.

Good draft everyone. Have a good night!!

Hey guys!

I planned to kick the family out for the draft, but then somebody opened up a 1.75 of Buffalo Trace. ESPN probably picked better for me than I would have. My roster actually looks OK for the time being. Sounds like everyone had a great time.

sorry for not being there...CPA here and its right in the middle of tax season. Don't fret though ...ESPN decided to draft 14 second baseman for me so I doubt I will be competitive. Two years in a row. I just dont understand it, Very frustrating

Back