I miss baseball.

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Immocles

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
I really, really do.

I'm one of those guys that is too into baseball. The kind that remembers all sorts of random stats and facts about players. The kinda guy that gets weepy when a rookie catcher hoses the second fastest player in the AL at second base in the 9th inning of a meaningless game. Baseball is my escape, for 7 months out of the year. We haven't always had a winner here in Minnesota, but I would still watch, through those terrible years and manage to enjoy myself ( because even yelling at players for screwing up is still fun, in a way). I don't miss the other sports. Baseball was always reliable. There was always a game on nearly every day. I can watch two teams that I dont give a rip about, and enjoy myself.

I miss yelling at Joe Buck. I MISS JOE BUCK. Baseball (and some NFL) fans know how severe of a statement that is. FoxNorth has been replaying games from the twins 87 and 91 runs the last few weeks. ( I forgot how easy Joe's dad was to listen to. McCarver was bad, even then) My wife has caught me tearing up on more than one occasion. I knew the pitch count that Puckett hit his walk off in game 6. I knew Glavine was pissed in game 2 after the braves couldn't score, and gave up a homer to Leius on his first pitch of the 8th that just squeaked over the left field plexiglass. Although I did forget about the dome's plexiglass. I can still see Deion Sanders in Atlanta all decked out in gold chains. He couldn't play in the playoffs, since it was football season. My dad hated him. He's my all time favorite player of anything ever.

They're talking about getting games going in Arizona. I know it's probably selfish of me to want that, but I do. I can watch with zero fans. I can watch without my local broadcasters ( shout to to Bremer and Blyleven, I miss those voices in my house every night). I guess I miss normalcy. Until that happens I will keep watching my old games, knowing the outcome, but still yelling at the TV because how can you not score with the bases loaded and one out, omg. It's game seven, people!

I know the majority of this country never pay attention to baseball. The season is too long, its too boring, etc etc. But I miss baseball. I hope it comes back soon.

I really, really do.

I'm one of those guys that is too into baseball. The kind that remembers all sorts of random stats and facts about players. The kinda guy that gets weepy when a rookie catcher hoses the second fastest player in the AL at second base in the 9th inning of a meaningless game. Baseball is my escape, for 7 months out of the year. We haven't always had a winner here in Minnesota, but I would still watch, through those terrible years and manage to enjoy myself ( because even yelling at players for screwing up is still fun, in a way). I don't miss the other sports. Baseball was always reliable. There was always a game on nearly every day. I can watch two teams that I dont give a rip about, and enjoy myself.

I miss yelling at Joe Buck. I MISS JOE BUCK. Baseball (and some NFL) fans know how severe of a statement that is. FoxNorth has been replaying games from the twins 87 and 91 runs the last few weeks. ( I forgot how easy Joe's dad was to listen to. McCarver was bad, even then) My wife has caught me tearing up on more than one occasion. I knew the pitch count that Puckett hit his walk off in game 6. I knew Glavine was pissed in game 2 after the braves couldn't score, and gave up a homer to Leius on his first pitch of the 8th that just squeaked over the left field plexiglass. Although I did forget about the dome's plexiglass. I can still see Deion Sanders in Atlanta all decked out in gold chains. He couldn't play in the playoffs, since it was football season. My dad hated him. He's my all time favorite player of anything ever.

They're talking about getting games going in Arizona. I know it's probably selfish of me to want that, but I do. I can watch with zero fans. I can watch without my local broadcasters ( shout to to Bremer and Blyleven, I miss those voices in my house every night). I guess I miss normalcy. Until that happens I will keep watching my old games, knowing the outcome, but still yelling at the TV because how can you not score with the bases loaded and one out, omg. It's game seven, people!

I know the majority of this country never pay attention to baseball. The season is too long, its too boring, etc etc. But I miss baseball. I hope it comes back soon.
Yea I'm with ya, I am an admitted B-Ball junkie. STILL, being a Tigers fan I can safely say they have a MUCH better record at this point than I expected!!!

I really, really do.

I watched the entire Game 7 of the 1991 series on YouTube the other day. Lol.

That 8th inning was one of the most nail biting innings in the history of baseball.

And it's crazy to see the terrible seams in the astroturf in the MetroDome! How was that even a professional stadium all those years with turf like that?

It always was a joke for baseball. But they tailored their teams to utilize it as best they could. It got better in the late 90s/early 00s, though, as they upgraded the turf. Cities liked their domes in that era, apparently. I remember walking around Target Field in 2010 on opening day and being completely enthralled by being able to wander the stadium, get a beer, get something to munch on and still be able to see the game by simply looking towards the field and not up at a TV monitor hanging in a dark, concrete hallway haha.
That entire series was a nail biter outside of game 1 and game 5.

Back