2011 HBT Fantasy Baseball Season!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Guys....I have tons and tons of bats in my line-up. Especially loaded at 1B. I need an arm really bad; please offer me something reasonable. My team is Portland Perlicks.

-Cheers!

Big week for HBT FBB...Top 2 teams going head to head. I'm just hoping that my Lothario's can stay hot and beat The Urban Achievers. Someone's gotta end his winning streak! Good luck Carson, and I'll wager you 3 Bombers on this weeks outcome. What say you Brother?

I am greatly looking forward to those TWO(2) bombers, from my win last week. Although most likely not sipped slowly, they will be savored.

Sadly, I may be leaning toward dropping him. I just have way too many DL'd players to hold onto him if he's out for the season.

same for Colorado's De La Rosa.. crappy news all around :(

Yeah, Im down another pitcher, right after losing garza, thankfully garza is just the bone bruise.

I was sort of disappointed with posey and his reply to the incident. He didnt speak bad about cousins or anything but it just seems like he would have more understanding at the risk the position of catcher holds. It sucks and no one wants anything like that to happen. He squares up and just got his toe caught in the dirt it was unfortunate but to call for mlb to look at plays like that and implement base running rules. One of the articles hinted that it seems like posey was stating cousins had a lane and should have hook slide but even if posey actually caught the ball, just like he did he was going to square up and take the base back after teasing him with the back corner. Of course he would want him to hook slide, he would have had it blocked. I dont know Im not super knowledgeable with catching but I expected for posey to just call it as part of the game. I dont remember carlos santana asking for reviews or base running rules after I lost him last year.

I'm not going to judge posey on his comments. The dude had his leg and his entire career messed up by one play.

I heard on the radio this morning, though, that catchers are taught to not have both legs on the ground like that when there is a possible impact play. It was a terrible accident. Hope posey starts to heal soon. He's a great player.

I'm not going to judge posey on his comments. The dude had his leg and his entire career messed up by one play.

I heard on the radio this morning, though, that catchers are taught to not have both legs on the ground like that when there is a possible impact play. It was a terrible accident. Hope posey starts to heal soon. He's a great player.

Absolutely, I originally liked the "kid", hes younger lol, he seems like a super hard worker and absolute lover of the game. It hasn't changed anything. An who's to say the writer didn't take liberties with anything. Just curious about what everyone thinks about the situation. Santana left his knee exposed and thats what happened with him. They get paid tons of money to do what they love, hes going to fight to heal and get better and will be back just as his spirit would lead us to believe. Kind of a stretch but just as military, police, firefighter, and so on... risk is implied and accepted at such a high salary(higher than the careers listed). I just dont want MLB to ever become so easily swayed like the NFL.

DMCarson said:
Absolutely, I originally liked the "kid", hes younger lol, he seems like a super hard worker and absolute lover of the game. It hasn't changed anything. An who's to say the writer didn't take liberties with anything. Just curious about what everyone thinks about the situation. Santana left his knee exposed and thats what happened with him. They get paid tons of money to do what they love, hes going to fight to heal and get better and will be back just as his spirit would lead us to believe. Kind of a stretch but just as military, police, firefighter, and so on... risk is implied and accepted at such a high salary(higher than the careers listed). I just dont want MLB to ever become so easily swayed like the NFL.

I don't at all disagree. Everyone takes on risk as part of their career. The kid's a catcher and should be able to prepare himself for impact. I'm sure he lost a step when he missed the ball. Hope he heals up quick. The kid has such Good potential.

I don't think Posey was blocking the plate with his body.
It looked to me like he was going to swipe tag Cousins- which I have seen him do a ton of times. Also, before this happened, i recall him saying that he was instructed not to block the plate bc of the injury risk.

I certainly hope they (MLB) don't try to instill some kind of new limited contact rule because of this. The one thing baseball does not need are more judgement calls. Everything below NCAA restricts intentional contact with the catcher, yet he is allowed to block the plate. It is just a recipe for a no win argument.

Alright, Liplickers, what shall we put on the line for this week's matchup? Keep in mind that there is a very limited selection of local stuff around these parts... We do have a couple though.

Lock of the Year! Leaving Arroyo on the bench after his pitiful performances lately. So, all you so inclined to partake in such activities, bet the house and your kids on the Reds tonight. :drunk:

Guidry said:
Lock of the Year! Leaving Arroyo on the bench after his pitiful performances lately. So, all you so inclined to partake in such activities, bet the house and your kids on the Reds tonight. :drunk:

He probably will! I suffered through an 0 for 6 record w/ MadBum, figuring the one week I bench him is the week he'd win.

Joe S.! what beer are you sending me for last week?

Wendy and Othon: I've been out of town for work, but back now. I'm thinking something from Dry Dock Brewing, since they don't distribute widely.

He probably will! I suffered through an 0 for 6 record w/ MadBum, figuring the one week I bench him is the week he'd win.

I suffered the same with Ubaldo, then had him on the bench this week, just in time for him to shut the Dodgers out. :(

I suffered the same with Ubaldo, then had him on the bench this week, just in time for him to shut the Dodgers out. :(

It seems that the Dodgers are great team for pitchers looking to turn around their season :mad:....Anything from Dry Dock works for me!

Wendy, congrats on being the first team to beat Carsons Urban Achievers!

Thanks!

If only anyone else cared but the 11 other people here. lol. Ah well, my kegerator is full, w/ 2 kegs on stand-by, & I brewed 10G this weekend, so they will have to listen to me if they want free beer. *evil laugh

Going to get trophies up for last week soon...

Seriously, the delay has nothing to do with me winning the low attenuation award. At all.

Guidry said:
Two pitchers of mine going head to head today. Which one do I decide to start? The one that lasts 1 1/3 innings and 6 ER's.

Ooohh that smarts. Sorry Guidry.

Carson, I'm currently beating you 15 to -1. You should probably forfeit now to save face.

I hate Frank McBroke so phuckin much!!! I want him and his skeezy old lady to LOSE the team to MLB and a BILLIONARE to rescue us from the poorhouse and put The LA franchise back where it belongs....on top of the NL West.

I'm seriously hoping that my worst fears aren't realized and he keeps the team...

Oh, well it could be ALOT worse, after all I could have been born a Chicago Cubs fan!

Is there any league history showing the lowest weekly winning score? I believe I may be a contender after last week. 317 points! WOW!

Hey everyone. Hope everyone is having a good summer. Just had a chance to update the league trophies.

Busy with work and prepping for our firstborn in the next two weeks.

Hope you all are doing well.

Who is going to win the Beltran sweepstakes? It's amazing how open these conversation go now. Is it just the NY media covering this, or are other areas covering it as well?

Back