2011 HBT Fantasy Baseball Season!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Im confused? 2 of 3 at home? are we talking about the dodgers who hit rock bottom and have no where to go but up trimming off loose ends like the disease that is the mccourts? are we talking about my fantasy team being undefeated? I said it was awesome because othon caught the post delete and called you out, i especially thought it was awesome because i hate the fear the beard crap.

aww it just clicked:
I'm guessing you're thinking I am the rockies fan...? that would be jds/5280 sluggers. Othon(lipstick city), Alfred(Bridge Town Brewers), and myself (carson urban achievers(david carson) are all the dodger fans.

And personally we had the NL west player market cornered (everyone else for the most is east coast fans Mets, Yanks, Red Sox other than the ATL and Rockies fan) for the most part till you came around and started bogarting our players lol (sands)

I cant blame you though because one of the reasons you were able to drink in happiness during tuesdays game was because my pitcher:sanchez for 6 innings did his job, not to mention ubaldo's awesome blow up.

as long as sanchez and de la rosa do their job when they start...I hope every other game the giants and rockies have is a terrible loss.

ugh. mets. ugh.

Why can't MLB take them over too?

If you hear some whimpering in the corner, that huddled mass is the shell of my former self.

yeah, i am still learning people's real names, HBT names & Espn team names! :)

No Prob: It is confusing isnt it.

In order of joining the International Fantasy Baseball HBT League:

NEST-New England Stout Troopers: HBT-JohnneyO: Name-John: Home-Connecticut: Allegiance-Mets
(at least its not the other NY team)
2010 HBT League Champ
2010 IPA Division Champ

PEIY-PEI Yankees: HBT-PEIYankees: Name-Adam: Home-Prince Edward Island, Canada: Allegiance-Yankees
(pei north of nova scotia canada...who knew a canadian would be one of the toughest competitors at "american" fantasy baseball lol jk)
2010 Barleywine Division Champ

BB-Bayou Brewers: HBT-Guidry: Name-C: Home-Louisiana: Allegiance- Rangers and Astros
(Unsure of fanship although he's a part time umpire so he might be neutral lol)

NOLA-Lipstick City Lotharios: HBT-MMTG: Name-Othon: Home-Covina, CA: Allegiance-Dodgers

DRS-Desert Rat Squad: HBT-Eagle 61: Name-Lin: Home-Virginia: Allegiance-Selma Hayek

DUDE-Carson Urban Acheivers: HBT-DMCarson: Name-David Carson: Home-West Covina, CA: Allegiance-Dodgers
2010 Belgian Division Champ
2010 High Krausen Trophy Leader

FUR-Baseball Furies: HBT-Goldminer: Name-Mark: Home-Virginia: Allegiance-

5280-5280 Sluggers: HBT-jds: Name-Joe: Home-Colorado: Allegiance-Rockies

Ptld-Portland Perlicks: HBT-Hoppydaze: Jeremy:Home-Oregon: Allegiance-Owns many a many Braves but loves the Mariners.

m80s-Dirty South Goose Boners: HBT-FreeM80s: Name-Ray: Home-Virginia?: Allegiance-Red Sox

BTB-Bridge Town IPA Junkies: HBT-Alfredh72: Name-Alfred: Home-Azusa, CA: Allegiance-Dodgers
(previous owner earned 13 Low attenuation trophys, wouldev been the 2010 Ow Attenuation Trophy Leader)

531B-531 Brew Haus: HBT-Midfielder5: Name-Wendy: Home-Frisco, CA: Allegiance-Giants

BB-Bayou Brewers: HBT-Guidry: Name-C: Home-Louisiana: Allegiance-
(Unsure of fanship although he's a part time umpire so he might be neutral lol)

Allegiant to the Rangers and <cough> Astros <cough> although not very proud of the latter.

However, I will never be accused of being a bandwagoner to that team!

Who knew I was in allegiance with the Braves? My true team is the Mariners who just might be the worst squad in the bigs. It's painful, damn near un-watchable baseball.

HoppyDaze said:
Who knew I was in allegiance with the Braves? My true team is the Mariners who just might be the worst squad in the bigs. It's painful, damn near un-watchable baseball.

Always thought you were a braves fan due to your team members...with said the mariners....have you thought of changing to the braves? Lol

Are you sure you're not a Mets fan? Because I'm pretty sure we're watching the same team.

That list is awesome thanks Carson!

I saw this sign on the NYC subway last month:
photo91.JPG

While I did lol, it was sad and I have many Mets fans as friends

PEIY-PEI Yankees: HBT-PEIYankees: Name-Adam: Home-Prince Edward Island, Canada: Allegiance-Yankees
(pei north of nova scotia canada...who knew a canadian would be one of the toughest competitors at "american" fantasy baseball lol jk)
2010 Barleywine Division Champ

LOL, Guess I should take that as a compliment?!?!

reading comprehension fail

Sorry if I "failed" to comprehend what seemed like you complaining about your loss. You're right this is Fantasy baseball, but smack talking is part of the game. Now I wish I was drinking some of your Award winning home brew or some 21st ammendment brews....too bad you didn't want to wager,a sixer oh well. Good matchup, look forward to our next one. Cheers and Go Dodgers!

I paid $10 for crap 'local' beer @ LAX yesterday, so yeah maybe I am bitter.
:)

& yes, good match-up and OK I will cheer for one Dodger (J Sands).

Sure, can't go worse than last week, right?? Wooohoo a new trophy for my case, it will look so good next to my brewing ribbons (oh wait!).

edit: i will ping you on our head-to-head board about the wager.

Sure, can't go worse than last week, right?? Wooohoo a new trophy for my case, it will look so good next to my brewing ribbons (oh wait!).

edit: i will ping you on our head-to-head board about the wager.

Sounds good. If you're not up for a wager, that is totally cool. Although you are beating me 4-0 right now.

;)

yeah i am up for it. Pliny for.... (?). what can you get?

I'm right up the road from New England Brewing, so I can get my hands on fresh Gandhi Bot IIPA (4 pack - $10), Sea Hag IPA (6 pack - $10) and Elm City Lager (6 pack $10).

That's local. I can also get all regulars from Smuttynose, Brooklyn, Blue Point, Allagash, Ithaca, Ommegang, Victory, etc.

Figure $10 cap on the wager?

DRS-Desert Rat Squad: HBT-Eagle 61: Name-Lin: Home-Virginia: Allegiance-Selma Hayek

It appears that I am the Braves fan (which is true) with McCann, Prado, Uggla, Freeman, Heyward, and Hanson on my team. Been following the Braves since 1980.

Wendy, PM me your address and any beer you might be interested in. I thought about picking up Hochevar for his start yesterday. That probably would have put me over the edge.

How about Southhampton's Double White Ale? or second choice would be the Gandhi Bot IIPA (never heard of it but it sounds good).
thanks John.
cheers,
Wendy

It appears that I am the Braves fan (which is true) with McCann, Prado, Uggla, Freeman, Heyward, and Hanson on my team. Been following the Braves since 1980.

: Would you care to wager a few beers on this weeks matchup?

How about Southhampton's Double White Ale? or second choice would be the Gandhi Bot IIPA (never heard of it but it sounds good).
thanks John.
cheers,
Wendy

You got it, Wendy. Tight week financially on this end, so this won't ship until early next week.

Wendy, I picked up the Double White for you. It will ship out on Tuesday.

Othon, thought you'd appreciate that my sole Mets game attended this year will be tonight against your beloved Dodgers.

Wendy, I picked up the Double White for you. It will ship out on Tuesday.

Othon, thought you'd appreciate that my sole Mets game attended this year will be tonight against your beloved Dodgers.

And Either end his hitting streak, I hope your happy!

HoppyDaze said:
Ouch!

I scored 483 points this week. The third highest total and got a loss...

I was lucky I checked my lineup yesterday morning. I had jurrjens on the bench. His start put me over the top.

Good game, though.

Big week for HBT FBB...Top 2 teams going head to head. I'm just hoping that my Lothario's can stay hot and beat The Urban Achievers. Someone's gotta end his winning streak! Good luck Carson, and I'll wager you 3 Bombers on this weeks outcome. What say you Brother?

Back