2011 HBT Fantasy Baseball Season!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Unless anyone opposes, I'm going to offer the two open teams (Goose Boners and Hickory Brew Crew) to two new oncomers.

I'll wait until I get home from work tonight to send out the invites to them.

Some new work responsibilities have me tied up time-wise lately, so I'll give my position in the line to someone else who wants to play. Good Luck Guys!

Unless anyone opposes, I'm going to offer the two open teams (Goose Boners and Hickory Brew Crew) to two new oncomers.

I'll wait until I get home from work tonight to send out the invites to them.

What happened to Ray of Free m80s? Does he NOT want to play this year? He was such a great addition to the league last season

What happened to Ray of Free m80s? Does he NOT want to play this year? He was such a great addition to the league last season

I'm honestly not sure what happened to Ray. He hasn't posted on HBT since last season. His PM box is full. I tried emailing him at the address he has on the espn site, but never heard back from him. It's a shame. Ray was a great addition indeed.

Thanks for posting up MyNIP. Let us know if you get unbusy during the season in case any teams open up.

I had just sent out PMs to two people. Went to the espn site to send out emails to new owners when I saw that m80s made a move today. Maybe Ray is back in the fold?

I'll hold off to see if he's coming back.

I had just sent out PMs to two people. Went to the espn site to send out emails to new owners when I saw that m80s made a move today. Maybe Ray is back in the fold?

I'll hold off to see if he's coming back.

I really hope Ray is coming back!

Yeah i was thinking after seeing his activity on the League Page maybe he doesnt use HBT anymore but must be still in. Is there any other way to get ahold of the Hickory Owner?

If theres anyone still trying to figure out the keeper thing the "Keeper" link is on the line of links directly under the "MY TEAM" tab once you are on the "MY TEAM" page.

I noticed on the keeper page though it shows:

"Keeper Lock Date: Not Set"

That is for this year's league. Meaning keepers for 2012.

I've emailed and PM'd Hickory Mike. No response.

Ray is definitely in for this season. He emailed me through the espn site.

JohnnyO said:
Ray is definitely in for this season. He emailed me through the espn site.

AWESOME! What's the timeline for dropping hickory mike? It would be nice to give the new replacement some time to review and decide who he/she might be keeping.

I just dropped Hickory Mike from the league. Sorry he hasn't gotten in touch. Thought he was going to be with us.

Please welcome 531 Brew Haus to the league. HBT tag is midfielder5, so it sounds like we have a baseball fan! Feel free to go into your team to see what you're working with. You are able to designate 7 of your existing players to be Keepers, meaning you'll have them on this year's team. Looks like you have Mauer, Pedroia, Teixiera and Hamilton on there. Nice!

hey guys! awesome. I live in SF & we had so much fun watching the Giants do their thing last year. The whole City was electric and so many dudes grew huge beards :) I would have, too, but I'm a chick. ha ha.
I'm brewing 10 gallons today w/a friend but I have time before to look around at the fantasy site.
cheers!
Wendy

hey guys! awesome. I live in SF & we had so much fun watching the Giants do their thing last year. The whole City was electric and so many dudes grew huge beards :) I would have, too, but I'm a chick. ha ha.
I'm brewing 10 gallons today w/a friend but I have time before to look around at the fantasy site.
cheers!
Wendy

Welcome to the league! Just what we needed....a freakin giants fan:mad: Hopefully SF enjoyed its FIRST WS championship, because its gonna take another 52 yrs before they win another one.

Am I bitter? What do you think!

Welcome to the league, Wendy! Sorry I kept referring to you as "man" in PMs. Nice to see a woman homebrewer into baseball.

ha ha! I put $ on the Giants to repeat when I was in Vegas over New Years. So I hope they do it again.

@ Johnny, no worries re: the man comment.. i think me & Yoop are basically the only women on here. it is expected.

no need to censor yourself, i'm not that kind of girl.

oh.. here are some pics from outside my office one day in November!

showphoto.php

showphoto.php

Buster 3.jpg

SF_Giants_WS_champs_2010_018.jpg

The Beard.01.jpg

cheers!
Wendy

So, you brew, you like baseball, and you (obviously) follow the NL west. I know I'm married and all, but do you have an identical sister anyhow? ;)

Welcome aboard! I hope to see my Rox take it to your giants this season, especially Mr. whiny crybaby "juiced ball" Lincecum.

Although, to be fair, timmy's a keeper on my squad. ;)

Our draft is this Sunday night at 8:15pm EST!!

So psyched for this season to get under way!! You're all in luck too. The wife and I are going out for dinner at 5pm. I'm sure we'll go through at least 2 pitchers of margaritas.

Should be interesting...

JohnnyO said:
Our draft is this Sunday night at 8:15pm EST!!

So psyched for this season to get under way!! You're all in luck too. The wife and I are going out for dinner at 5pm. I'm sure we'll go through at least 2 pitchers of margaritas.

Should be interesting...

Yeah the anticipation is awesome, when you said dinner at 5 it threw me off cause of the time change. I had to reschedule a training for work to the 16th because it would have ended at 5pm and I couldn't let the rest of the league have all the fun while I was rushing home to make the 5:15 draft time for us west coasties. Othon "lipstick" and I will be brewing all day before we draft so it will be challanging to split our attention between baseball and brew each hour we get closer to draft.

Yeah the anticipation is awesome, when you said dinner at 5 it threw me off cause of the time change. I had to reschedule a training for work to the 16th because it would have ended at 5pm and I couldn't let the rest of the league have all the fun while I was rushing home to make the 5:15 draft time for us west coasties. Othon "lipstick" and I will be brewing all day before we draft so it will be challanging to split our attention between baseball and brew each hour we get closer to draft.

Nice!! For some reason, I didn't know (more likely didn't remember) you guys were tight like that.

I saw you had proposed a trade to me about two weeks ago. I got an email from the espn site, but when I went to the league, I didn't see anything there. Did you retract it? Not sure what the trade was for anymore. I accidentally deleted the email.

if any one wants any of my people, except Cain, Pedroia & Mauer (unless I get Buster -- i know, I'm dreaming)-- hit me up w/ a trade proposal. For Texeira n Hamilton, obviously i need a strong offers.
I didnt draft my team so I have no affinity to most of them.
thanks!

JohnnyO said:
Nice!! For some reason, I didn't know (more likely didn't remember) you guys were tight like that.

I saw you had proposed a trade to me about two weeks ago. I got an email from the espn site, but when I went to the league, I didn't see anything there. Did you retract it? Not sure what the trade was for anymore. I accidentally deleted the email.

Oh it might have expired it was only set for 2 days, but naw I didn't retract it. I don't have all those players anymore so no biggie.

Oh it might have expired it was only set for 2 days, but naw I didn't retract it. I don't have all those players anymore so no biggie.

Carson is guilty of "trade rape" against himself...losing his SS Reyes and Ace Lee for Wainwright.:drunk:

Carson is guilty of "trade rape" against himself...losing his SS Reyes and Ace Lee for Wainwright.:drunk:

I think it was Bay and Lee for Wainwright. I bent him over another time for Reyes. LOL!!

Still. Carson blew everyone away with his numbers last year. Hands down, the best team in the league.

if any one wants any of my people, except Cain, Pedroia & Mauer (unless I get Buster -- i know, I'm dreaming)-- hit me up w/ a trade proposal. For Texeira n Hamilton, obviously i need a strong offers.
I didnt draft my team so I have no affinity to most of them.
thanks!

Get back to me after the draft about Posey...

JohnnyO said:
I think it was Bay and Lee for Wainwright. I bent him over another time for Reyes. LOL!!

Still. Carson blew everyone away with his numbers last year. Hands down, the best team in the league.

No it was reyes and Lee for wainright. Yeah bad call who knew he'd give me another dl player like when I drafted joe nathan last year and got stuck with my only closer street on the dl. I drafted bay but dropped him for not performing the first half.

Othons guilty of bitterness cause he talked his buddy into trying fantasy baseball for the first time ever and that buddy beat him twice and made it to the finals. lol :drunk: And if it wasn't for being drunk one Saturday and forgetting to start hellickson that dreadful Sunday it would have been 16-1 record going into the finals. This years trash talking is getting warmed up already I'm likin it.

No it was reyes and Lee for wainright. Yeah bad call who knew he'd give me another dl player like when I drafted joe nathan last year and got stuck with my only closer street on the dl. I drafted bay but dropped him for not performing the first half.

Othons guilty of bitterness cause he talked his buddy into trying fantasy baseball for the first time ever and that buddy beat him twice and made it to the finals. lol :drunk: And if it wasn't for being drunk one Saturday and forgetting to start hellickson that dreadful Sunday it would have been 16-1 record going into the finals. This years trash talking is getting warmed up already I'm likin it.

I'm not bitter that someone who knew nothing about baseball beat me(2x) at fantasy baseball...Even a broken clock is right twice a day! I'm glad Carson went to the finals(and got beat) I'm even happier that the LipStick City Zambonis' got revenge on Carson and knocked him from the 4th playoff spot in the HBT 2011 Fantasy hockey league

This going to be a fun year(even though we have a girl/giants fan in our league) of fantasy baseball

Although I am extremely appreciative for starting this extremely time consuming addiction that changed the greatestg day of the year from opening day to draft day which I feel I can confidently say will probably be with me til the day I die lol.

Let's just hope last year wasn't beginners luck.

This is my first year of fantasy baseball so I'm sure to be schooled (or win! ha ha beginners' luck).
I did win my fantasy football league two years in a row now, but the competition wasn't very good, with open roster spots and the like. Scooping up convicted felon Vick keyed my season.

Johnnyo- yeah let's talk after the draft...I will be wearing my Posey jersey, but everyone around here now has one :)

MMTG said:
I'm not bitter that someone who knew nothing about baseball beat me(2x) at fantasy baseball...Even a broken clock is right twice a day! I'm glad Carson went to the finals(and got beat) I'm even happier that the LipStick City Zambonis' got revenge on Carson and knocked him from the 4th playoff spot in the HBT 2011 Fantasy hockey league

This going to be a fun year(even though we have a girl/giants fan in our league) of fantasy baseball

Yes its true I got beat twice and and found out I shouldn't be playing fantasy hockey, especially since I know nothing about it, I look forward to sticking to baseball, sadly isn't that hockey league a keeper league? Man its like a gang I can't get out alive.

I have also entered a few beers into the 2011 HBT BCJP competition going on in March, so if you have done that (John I saw your post on that thread)... then we can do more trash talking.

midfielder5 said:
This is my first year of fantasy baseball so I'm sure to be schooled (or win! ha ha beginners' luck).
I did win my fantasy football league two years in a row now, but the competition wasn't very good, with open roster spots and the like. Scooping up convicted felon Vick keyed my season.

Johnnyo- yeah let's talk after the draft...I will be wearing my Posey jersey, but everyone around here now has one :)

Hey hey watch it on the vick comments, you can now put changed man and awesome qb infront instead. Can you tell I'm a west coast eagles fan, were supposed to be getting a nfl team or two here in LA but I won't hold my breath. I am Sad about the eagles llosing especially because I hate the Packers, maybe next year, you should keep vick, hopefully the eagles do.

Forgot to post up:

For keeps:

Albert Pujols
Carlos Gonzales
Jon Lester
Nelson Cruz
Clayton Kershaw
Justin Upton, trade bait
Carlos Santana, trade bait

Looking forward to opening day. Hopefully Juan Uribe will help out the Dodger in taking down the Giants.

Although I am extremely appreciative for starting this extremely time consuming addiction that changed the greatestg day of the year from opening day to draft day which I feel I can confidently say will probably be with me til the day I die lol.

Let's just hope last year wasn't beginners luck.

First season? Couldn't tell. Even though I handed you your first and last losses last year, you dominated last year. Nice job.

I have also entered a few beers into the 2011 HBT BCJP competition going on in March, so if you have done that (John I saw your post on that thread)... then we can do more trash talking.

What did you enter I sent in a pale ale and a russian imperial stout. I think the stout came out amazing. The pale ale is strong too, but I don't think it will place.

Still kicking myself for dropping Posey after I had drafted him. He was only eligible at C at the time and I already had McCann (the best catcher in baseball by the way!)

Wow. Posey was my best waiver pick ever.

don't get me wrong- I love Vick as a player. just not a fan of the man. There was one game when I had Roethlisberger & Vick starting. lol. Ours isn't a keeper league but I'm gonna find a new league-- mine was all girls & most just didn't keep up, except for 2 & I whooped their a$$es.

John-
I went a little crazy!
I entered an Alt;
a KY common [for which there is no cat, so I called it a Flemish ole braun or something I've never heard of];
a Mild [for the Orfy mini-mild side comp];
a Wit;
an IPA and
.... wait for it.... a bacon beer (base: brown ale).
My hopes lie in the Mild & the Alt.

Back