The Big Box of Yum

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You've had that Randall for at least a few hours. Why haven't we seen any breakfast infusions yet???

I did actually think about hopping some OJ, but in reality, I forgot the Randall at work =/ It came separately from the beer, and I remembered to take the beer home, forgot the Randall...

Well it wasn't lunch, but an after dinner snack.
Big Gruesome and Banana - Faintly get the banana, I might not have crushed up the banana enough, not sure. Great, but it's mostly regular BG.

Up next with the other half = Big Gruesome, Banana and Habanero(I have some in my garden too, not the white ones though, never had those)

2014-08-20 20.14.50.jpg

I usually give it a shake to get things mixed up and maximize contact points. Sometimes if you just pour the beer on top of stuff, it'll form an air pocket. Careful with the habanero. I used a whole dorset naga and it tore me up. But it was a rush and only the first sip gave a good burn. After that I was numb.

That was good pizza too. One slice was a fresh mozz, one was a spinach artichoke and the other was bacon alfredo. Awesome stuff.
How'd the habanero big grue go?

Went well, just finished it. Perfect amount of heat to go along with the banana and peanut butter goodness(makes me actually want to try a peanut butter, banana and pepper sandwich, could be interesting). I liked it much more than the banana alone, but that might be because I did what you suggested and flipped it upside down a couple times to try to integrate it better.

It really was since it was a bomber and I got two decent sized tries at it. Bad thing was the banana really soaked up a lot of it. I was going to eat it, but there are too many pepper seeds in with it, too late for screwing around with that, lol.

It really was since it was a bomber and I got two decent sized tries at it. Bad thing was the banana really soaked up a lot of it. I was going to eat it, but there are too many pepper seeds in with it, too late for screwing around with that, lol.

Makes me really want a BG when I get home.

What kind of beer would anyone suggest mixing with huckleberry habanero jelly??? Just curious

What a great thread! This is 1 of the reasons I absolutely LOVE this community! Shoot me a PM I would love to play too.

Cheers
Jay

I'm currently on vacation but if you pm me with info I can add you once we have the space allocated. I think four more recipients and I'll have open enrollment for five more

I've done a bunch of things with bananas and peppers. Did a grapefruit with a crappy blonde last night and it was pretty good, and I don't like grapefruit. Just stealing my wife's fruit to experiment with. Going to try some bacon and vanilla with a stout sometime this week. Also need to use the hops Mikey sent with something.

I'm betting banana would go great with SBJ or BG ... if you have either of those around.

Done, and it was good, but I found out I needed to flip the Randall a couple times to mix better. Also did it with banana and habanero and that was better, actually it was amazing.

Also tried peanut butter in an oatmeal stout from Piece Brewery over the weekend, but it didn't pick up any peanut butter. It just stayed in a glob in the bottom of the randall. Not sure how you could fix that without like blending it with some beer to thin it out, but at that point, you don't even need the Randall...

2014-08-20 20.14.50.jpg

Did you candy your own or buy it candied? I saw something on doing your own candied by sprinkling brown sugar on bacon and putting it in the oven. Maybe I can finally drink my Smoke

I did it myself with a brown sugar syrup and really thick cut craft bacon. It was outstanding.

So I bought this to throw into my oatmeal so it wouldn't be so damned boring. Not so great for that but I think this in a Randall with an imperial stout or big porter would be awesome. If only there were a way to find out... :)
ImageUploadedByHome Brew1409237014.025603.jpg

Word of advice... Don't try to use bacon bits as a substitute for real bacon in the Randall... It's nasty.

Tried Founders Imperial Stout with vanilla extract, cocoa powder, bacon bits and maple syrup to try to make poor man's KBS. Probably would have got there had I not use Baco's...

Going to try the same combo minus the bacon bits with Pipeworks Raspberry Truffle Abduction after.

Word of advice... Don't try to use bacon bits as a substitute for real bacon in the Randall... It's nasty.

Tried Founders Imperial Stout with vanilla extract, cocoa powder, bacon bits and maple syrup to try to make poor man's KBS. Probably would have got there had I not use Baco's...

Going to try the same combo minus the bacon bits with Pipeworks Raspberry Truffle Abduction after.

I wonder if a drop or two of liquid smoke would impart he bacony goodness without introducing salt or other nasty side effects?

Bac-o-bits are a soy meatless product!!

Use Hormel "Real" bacon bits in a glass jar, might have better luck with the smokiness.

Bac-o-bits are a soy meatless product!!

Use Hormel "Real" bacon bits in a glass jar, might have better luck with the smokiness.

They actually weren't really Bac-O's. They were something else, but probably the same. Regardless, god aweful and left a bad fake-bacon aftertaste in my mouth for pretty much the rest of the night. Serves me right for being lazy.

I have also learned that with a big majority of the combos I've tried, it really is better to try using the Randall with a bomber, because you end up losing a noticeable amount of your beer to absorption with whatever you're using. So a bomber you could get two combos out of one without losing double possibly. With the banana combos, I think I probably only got ~8-9oz of my 12oz bottle back. Whereas with just the pepper, I got almost all of it.

Hmm I'll allow it :) that sounds Damn good CC
Speaking of which, it's this year's Retribution out yet?

Not that I've seen. I think they usually release it in October or November--not sure though.

Haha. Did a double take when I saw my post from last night. Not sure I would have remembered that float without seeing it in this thread. :drunk: oops :)

(Also went back and cleaned up the language haha)

They actually weren't really Bac-O's. They were something else, but probably the same. Regardless, god aweful and left a bad fake-bacon aftertaste in my mouth for pretty much the rest of the night. Serves me right for being lazy.

I have also learned that with a big majority of the combos I've tried, it really is better to try using the Randall with a bomber, because you end up losing a noticeable amount of your beer to absorption with whatever you're using. So a bomber you could get two combos out of one without losing double possibly. With the banana combos, I think I probably only got ~8-9oz of my 12oz bottle back. Whereas with just the pepper, I got almost all of it.

I ate that damned banana lol

Actually reminded me of a joke, too.
An american, a Scotsman and an Irishman walk into a bar and order a pint. A fly lands in each glass. The American sends it back and orders another. The Scot picks out the fly and drinks the pint. The Irishman takes the fly between two fingers and yells at the fly 'Give it back! Give it back you bastard!"

Back