• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to HomeBrewTalk and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Sold 4 X 5L Mini Kegs, Shipped to You for $40 Total

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bryce Brewer

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
I have 4 X 5L Mini Kegs that have never been used, sitting in a box since I bought a Brewie a few years back. I figured I would use them at some point but never have and I'm cleaning up the basement so these have got to go. If you are local to me (Davenport, Iowa area) and want to pick them up, they are yours for free. Otherwise, it looks like I can ship them anywhere in the US for a little less than $40. Looking to move these quickly, first one to respond and pay gets them. I can accept payment through Venmo or Paypal. Thanks for looking, cheers!

Here are some pictures, it comes with 4 X Bungs as well.

Attachments

• 2371013C-B43E-4E09-AA58-5C6B3EF2F9FE.jpeg
    2371013C-B43E-4E09-AA58-5C6B3EF2F9FE.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 0
  • CCF706AD-B0A3-4543-8049-4300E1E97F1E.jpeg
    CCF706AD-B0A3-4543-8049-4300E1E97F1E.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 0
how do you repurpose them ?
They have a bung you can remove and fill the keg, you can bottle in them and carb with sugar, age in them, etc. They also have a pop-out spigot you can use for serving. You can also use them for cider, hard lemonade, etc. If you click on the first picture, you can see the bung on top, and the red spot at the bottom is the pop-out spigot. Several online stores sell these mini-kegs. They should be great for cask (real) ale, also, which I really like.
https://homebrewing.org/products/mi...MI6Jmm3eS3hQMV0MzCBB1ZEQZWEAQYBCABEgJw9_D_BwE

Last edited:
Make yourself one of these thingees. I order the valves from Amazon and the rest of the parts come from Lowe’s.
thats more like what i was interested in thanks.

i imagine if you can adapt the bung to that thing you could prolly adapt it to a carb cap tee piece.

1712849902496.png

that would be very interesting

then maybe you could serve out of the spigot at the bottom and carb through the tee piece .

Here's a video link to a guy who shows you how to build one of these. His is vertical, mine is horizontal. To make it horizontal like mine take the 1/4 tube, heat the end, then gently rub/bang on a surface to create a flange (like you'd find on a standard dip tube). It'll take some time. You can then thread the tubing through the "Tee" and voila. EDIT: you'll also need one of those grey rubber stoppers, also available on Amazon.

Back