The Big Box of Yum

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Randalled an anti hero with coffee. Pretty rad. Next up is apocalypse cow randalled with 3 jalapeno and a dorset naga. Might be a drain pour but hoping for something drinkable

Randalled an anti hero with coffee. Pretty rad. Next up is apocalypse cow randalled with 3 jalapeno and a dorset naga. Might be a drain pour but hoping for something drinkable

I think that apocalypse with jalapeños would be good, hopefully you didn't Randall the whole bomber though

Randalled the second 3rd of the bottle. The dorset naga gave it an amazing aroma. And a boatload of heat. Damn, this is hot. My lips are on fire. Of the 12 varieties of peppers I grow, picking a dorset naga may have been a mistake. Wow, i'm in pain.

Randalled the second 3rd of the bottle. The dorset naga gave it an amazing aroma. And a boatload of heat. Damn, this is hot. My lips are on fire. Of the 12 varieties of peppers I grow, picking a dorset naga may have been a mistake. Wow, i'm in pain.

Oo lol I should of warned you...even just a thin slice of one pepper can bring all sorts of heat.

Okay ... I don't know how this thread has existed for two weeks without my knowing about it! Okay, maybe I do - I've been lazy at ready new threads lately! Well, I want in as soon as you can bring me into the rotation Jason!

Okay ... I don't know how this thread has existed for two weeks without my knowing about it! Okay, maybe I do - I've been lazy at ready new threads lately! Well, I want in as soon as you can bring me into the rotation Jason!

Your name will be the first one I add as soon as we clear some space.
I figured you would want in on this lol, not a bunch of regulars know about it yet I think.

Then leave me in, im just not sure what there is special to send from around here

Where the hell do you guys find sour cherries? I have tried 3 different places in the last week looking for tart or sour cherries and can't find anything labeled as that. Found sweet cherries, dried cherries, pie cherries(in a bunch of sugar sauce) but no tart or sour anything.

Did he happen to say which variety they use or should I stick to sour cherries

Tart cherry purée (aseptic). Also, they use it to top off some barrels, others get topped off with Sixth Glass. Then they all get blended together. I took a stab at a clone a couple years ago, but used some sweet instead of tart. Aged it in a 5g whiskey barrel for 4-5 months. It's came out pretty good.

Where the hell do you guys find sour cherries? I have tried 3 different places in the last week looking for tart or sour cherries and can't find anything labeled as that. Found sweet cherries, dried cherries, pie cherries(in a bunch of sugar sauce) but no tart or sour anything.

Cherry crop around here was decimated this year by a late freeze. I ended up buying frozen cherries from UP MI. Cherries were a good price; shipping not so good.

Taking this chance to officially apologize to everyone involved with this thread, especially Beermeduffman and TheMan. I held up the thread for a month, and that's not cool for everyone else. Although family issues were the major reason for the holdup, I should have had a little more consideration for everyone waiting to participate. So I'm sorry for putting a screeching halt to a great thread and hope my recipient enjoys what I sent him.
With that said, the bboy is on the way to the next person. Also, seperately, a brand new Randall is coming from DFH. I wasn't sure if the spicy peppers I used were going to stick in the Randall, so I just ordered a new one. I'm hoping the Randall comes at the same time as the bboy, so my recipient can dig right in. This is a great thread, and I had a good time with the Randall. I hope my recipes will be enjoyed by anyone receiving the bboy. I'll pm the recipient on landing day with some notes and handling instructions (worlds second hottest pepper needs handling instructions). So again, sorry, and hope the thread is enjoyed by all.

Taking this chance to officially apologize to everyone involved with this thread, especially Beermeduffman and TheMan. I held up the thread for a month, and that's not cool for everyone else. Although family issues were the major reason for the holdup, I should have had a little more consideration for everyone waiting to participate. So I'm sorry for putting a screeching halt to a great thread and hope my recipient enjoys what I sent him.
With that said, the bboy is on the way to the next person. Also, seperately, a brand new Randall is coming from DFH. I wasn't sure if the spicy peppers I used were going to stick in the Randall, so I just ordered a new one. I'm hoping the Randall comes at the same time as the bboy, so my recipient can dig right in. This is a great thread, and I had a good time with the Randall. I hope my recipes will be enjoyed by anyone receiving the bboy. I'll pm the recipient on landing day with some notes and handling instructions (worlds second hottest pepper needs handling instructions). So again, sorry, and hope the thread is enjoyed by all.

And I thought you were just having too much fun with the Randall! :sly:
Hopefully all is well with your family! Family first, and beer second(even tho my wife thinks beer is first in my book)

Actually man, you've only had it three weeks. Your totally still in the alloted time frame. No apologies needed :D Dfh ships next day for the most part. With those peppers, did you include hazmat gloves?

Here goes the Current List as of 8.19.14!

WOBrien - Plymouth Meeting, PA
JohnnyHitch - Suffolk County, NY
TheMan - IL
Hello - NC
JMCM_Brew - Salisbury, MD
JWerner - Laport, MN
BigMike - Long Island, NY
JTD_419 - Pomeroy, WA
DrPhunk - Rockford, IL
Canti4341 - Plano, TX
BFord - Houston, TX
Leubega - Los Angeles, CA
ColdCrash - Hanover, PA
InvictusBrew - Manhattan Beach, CA
Val214 - Long Beach, CA
BGBC - Jersey City, NJ
IGotSand - Vista, CA
Blizzard - Denver, CO
Hawgwild81 - Cabot, AR
NuclearRich - Hampden, CT
ABeasst - Raleigh, NC
FinsFan - Manhattan, KS (Volunteered for multiple shipments as a representative for the middle states, so we can send to him a few different times, hopefully staggers and not back to back)
ThatJonGuy - North Central, ND
MedicMang - Athens, OH
DisturbedChemist - Spring, TX
Brew_Dude41 - Columbus, OH
coyote68 - Clune, PA
SavoryChef - Sparks, NV
Atli126 - Louisville, KY
UWDawg13 - Tacoma, WA
mcbaumannerb - Phoenixville, PA

I haven't reposted this in a bit, so here goes the up dated listing.

Put me at the back of the list, BBoY is all mine!

Part of this is trade, part BBoY. I screwed up by not filling in Mike on that I would be out of town for as long as I was, so some of the ingredients aren't good because they had to sit over the whole weekend(probably in a hot UPS truck).

Included:
SH Big Gruesome x2
Bruery Hottenroth
SH Robot Surf Factory
Alagash Merveilleux
Victory Dirt Wolf
Sculpin
LH Nitro Milk Stout

Extras:
Hops(Cascade?) - good
Hot peppers - mushy/bad :(
Grapefruit - good
Pizza - too scared to try to eat after the heat
Sweet Spring House Sticker
Randall is going to be delivered later today!

Looking forward to making up some combos.

IMG_20140819_104500.jpg

Hmmm, I think we should start instituting a rule that we ask if anybody (as a blanket question to the whole thread) is out of town prior to shipping lol. That sure is a shame, I would of loved to of seen that combo.

Hmmm, I think we should start instituting a rule that we ask if anybody (as a blanket question to the whole thread) is out of town prior to shipping lol. That sure is a shame, I would of loved to of seen that combo.

Because of how I screwed it up, I was going to ask that before I go send it out, but probably not a bad idea. Some people won't see it, so they won't answer, but oh well. Not Mike's fault at all.

Put me at the back of the list, BBoY is all mine!

Part of this is trade, part BBoY. I screwed up by not filling in Mike on that I would be out of town for as long as I was, so some of the ingredients aren't good because they had to sit over the whole weekend(probably in a hot UPS truck).

Included:
SH Big Gruesome x2
Bruery Hottenroth
SH Robot Surf Factory
Alagash Merveilleux
Victory Dirt Wolf
Sculpin
LH Nitro Milk Stout

Extras:
Hops(Cascade?) - good
Hot peppers - mushy/bad :(
Grapefruit - good
Pizza - too scared to try to eat after the heat
Sweet Spring House Sticker
Randall is going to be delivered later today!

Looking forward to making up some combos.

Was the pizza supposed to go into the Randall? ;)

The yellow peppers are white habanero. They, along with the grapefruit were supposed to go with the sculpin. If you gimme till early next week, just hold onto the sculpin and i'll send you some more peppers and another grapefruit. The big gruesome was supposed to go with a banana (ran outta room for the nana) the left hand was supposed to get a tablespoon of coffee (ran outta room for the coffee). And the hottenroth was supposed to go with some raspberries (need I say why there were no raspberries?). I'll make right on the food part. I have a cooler bag i'll send with some new food. It was my fault the food was a bust. You told me you were away but i wasn't all there when I read the pm. So if you can hold onto the sculpin, big grue, hottie and nitro, i'll send you the accompanying food items

Oh, and with the randall, i wasn't sure if the peppers woulda imparted flavor into it, so I just ordered you a new one.

The yellow peppers are white habanero. They, along with the grapefruit were supposed to go with the sculpin. If you gimme till early next week, just hold onto the sculpin and i'll send you some more peppers and another grapefruit. The big gruesome was supposed to go with a banana (ran outta room for the nana) the left hand was supposed to get a tablespoon of coffee (ran outta room for the coffee). And the hottenroth was supposed to go with some raspberries (need I say why there were no raspberries?). I'll make right on the food part. I have a cooler bag i'll send with some new food. It was my fault the food was a bust. You told me you were away but i wasn't all there when I read the pm. So if you can hold onto the sculpin, big grue, hottie and nitro, i'll send you the accompanying food items
No problem, I'll hold on to it. Actually, it might help waiting, after my vacation, I'm going to TRY to not drink Monday through Thursday. Even though it's usually just one beer, it might help my going to the gym when I don't crack one open right when I get home from work, because why go to the gym when I've already had a beer that night... I also could just wait until later on, but...

Oh, and with the randall, i wasn't sure if the peppers woulda imparted flavor into it, so I just ordered you a new one.
Depending on how it goes, I might end up doing the same, this little guy is pretty cool. Have you noticed if the peppers stayed around?
Just got the email....the randall was delivered
Just opened it! Thanks Mike!:ban:

Latest posts

Back