Hockey

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It's old tradition from Chicago Stadium days.
At Blackhawks games cheering IS being respectful.
(as far as I know, it's a unique phenomenon)

Last edited by a moderator:
I've been to Chicago to watch Wings game. Nice enough place. Although they won the game, final game of the season, that was it for the Hawks. Wings went on to playoffs (As they have for the past 17 seasons!).

Actually, I'd be scared of the Hawks this year. Detroit had a very difficult time with them this season.

And, I'm not sure about the Ducks this year. They got beat 4-0 in the first game, and 5-0 in the second. yikes.

Holy Crap!

I was lucky enough to find a place to watch the Flames game last night. They were down 3- zip in the first 5 minutes of the game, then came back to win 4-3.

THAT'S MY BOYZ!!! :ban:

I wish I was back home, these Texans just don't get hockey...

Stupid wings! How many cups are they going to forfeit because of Dominick Flopsek? How can you advance when you can't put the eighth seed away when your leading 2-0?

Hockey will be the death of me.:mad: :mad: :mad:

Ask anyone in Buffalo if they miss Hasek. No one shed a tear when he left. He always gets hurt or drops the ball when you need him the most.

BuffaloSabresBrewer said:
Ask anyone in Buffalo if they miss Hasek. No one shed a tear when he left. He always gets hurt or drops the ball when you need him the most.

Amen, for every spectacular save, he let's in 2 soft goals.

Jeez, ease up on him. The defense threw him under the bus. The one goal the man covering the puck stayed with the puck, instead of covering the pass. You'r supposed to let the goalie take the puck-handler, and make sure he doesn't pass where the goalie can't recover position!

Plus, the last goal... WTF?? Does our defense only play 50 minutes a game??

On the account of our defense being pretty flat footed and slow last night I blame nothing on hasek. I didn't want to play Nash at all because I knew what this was going to be like. They are a mediocre team with mediocre skill with a metric ton of heart and have played the Wings hard all season. If they take wed. game too the wings are screwed. They need to dress Levda.

So of course the game is blacked out last night on Versus. So I get to watch it on the local channel with Terry "Lisp" Crisp and Pete Webber. But is there any sound? Nope.

Off to the radio, where, upon pregame, I get to listen to some of the worst radio "personalities" out there during the pregame 'analysis': Willy Donic and Kevin Ingram. If these guys could have majored in dead air time and poorly placed syllabic inflection, they could have passed with flying colors. I can't even see these guys and I can visibly picture when they get lost reading off their prepared notes...which, to my listening displeasure, happens every 10 seconds.

My favorite point during pregame is when they get off the phone with one of the Predators' heads of hockey operations and decide, unanimously, to stop beating a dead horse about the outspokenness of the incorrect calls during games 1 and 2.

So what do they proceed to do, you ask? Keep talking and whining about the freakin' calls! UNREAL!!

And Nashville, even though I live here and love it, it's not a rivalry until you can beat the Red Wings in a playoff series. Sorry...that's what makes it what it is. Detroit-Colorado was a rivalry. Colorado spanked Detroit and won Cups and vice versa during that span. So please stop making it out for more than it's worth...there's no storied history...yet.

Why not be quiet and respectful during the anthem...or sing.

Remember a few years ago when the Flames were in the US? Our national anthem was booed by the US fans. Disgraceful behaviour that was condemned by all. Do you remember when the series moved to Canada? What did the Canadians do during the American national anthem?

wildwest450 said:
Anyone want to defend Hasek now? Wings in 6, go Ozzy!

Never wanted to defend him. I cheered with all the Preds fans at the game when he was pulled. They looked at me funny. Osgood leaves a much better feeling in my stomach.

I caught the last couple of minutes of the Montreal game so I'm sort of obligated to watch on Monday. Calgary is my team though, and they need a win tonight to stay alive.

Finally broke down and moved a keg into my old retired beat up fridge outside so I would have cold brew for the game. My keezer had died a few months back. Can't watch hockey with warm beer!

I uh.. hate your team. lol. As a long term 'nucks fan, hating Calgary is kinda obligatory. :)

Still hoping they win in the west though. Gotta see a Canadian team win. I'm hoping for an all Canadian, Montreal/Calgary final, though I doubt Gary Bettman would allow that.

That a'hole should be tied by his nuts to a rocket and launched into the sun where hopefully he could do less harm.

We are huge Sabres fans here and his name may not be uttered in my house!

It is one thing to be traded, even to ask to be traded but keep yer mouth shut. Don't badmouth the city or the team on your way out the door. No matter what his feelings were, he should have had a little more respect for the fans who funded that fat paycheck of his for so many years. I say good riddance!

Go Bruins! I can't believe they forced game 7 (or 5 or 6, for that matter) Can't wait until tomorrow night.

Sox are doing well, Celtics are doing well, all are happy in New England.

Denny's Evil Concoctions said:
I uh.. hate your team. lol. As a long term 'nucks fan, hating Calgary is kinda obligatory. :)

Still hoping they win in the west though. Gotta see a Canadian team win. I'm hoping for an all Canadian, Montreal/Calgary final, though I doubt Gary Bettman would allow that.

That a'hole should be tied by his nuts to a rocket and launched into the sun where hopefully he could do less harm.

Just checking my schedule here to see when the Canucks are playing... hmmmm.. must be an old schedule I'm looking at here... they're in the west aren't they?

:D Sorry. Couldn't help myself.

Well, I'm rooting for Calgary tonight. Got a cold one in my hand right now and I'm just going to jump in the shower and wash the day's grime off. If you can stand the bad taste in your mouth, tip one for a Calgary victory tonight. If not for them, do it for me. And to wash out that bad taste. :rockin:

hooray RED WINGS and hooray Flames. great game for Detroit, Osgood was lookin good. Lindstrom got one hell of a lucky shot =), and Ellis was lookin great in goal. now lets all hope Dallas wins as well.

zbeeblebrox said:
hooray RED WINGS and hooray Flames. great game for Detroit, Osgood was lookin good. Lindstrom got one hell of a lucky shot =), and Ellis was lookin great in goal. now lets all hope Dallas wins as well.

Lidstrom doing that once maybe luck but I have seen him do it 3 0r 4 times I think he did it last year in the Playoffs against the Canucks.

There was much celebrating, quaffing of ales, and general merrimaking tonight. Some of the other people in the room had a good time too!

RICLARK said:
Lidstrom doing that once maybe luck but I have seen him do it 3 0r 4 times I think he did it last year in the Playoffs against the Canucks.
true and indeed after the game he said that he was trying to get the puck to land short and bounce, but it still was a lucky bounce.

I live in Kelowna or as I call it "New Calgary", so I see as many flames hats and jerseys during the season as canucks. Makes me wanna puke, seriously.
vomit-smiley-9529.gif
:D

But (and I REALLY can't belive I'm saying this...) GO FLAMES!!!

Though in a Flames/Canadiens final I'd probably go for montreal just to spite you damn, soon to be overwhelming the Okanagan, vacationing Albertans.
tongue-smiley-8862.gif

EDIT: Oh ****. Just noticed that fingers is from Manitoba... well in that case the low blow retort should have been "At least we HAVE a team!"

violent-smiley-1415.gif

If the Habs seriously had THAT MUCH TROUBLE WITH THE BRUINS! I dont see them finishing a run off. I thought they would might take the cup at first but this series has me wondering.

The Bruins played better than the habs in the last three games..It was just too tough tonight...Oh well, They got farther than I thought they would. The Canadians had to win..The Bruins didn't..

EDIT: Oh ****. Just noticed that fingers is from Manitoba... well in that case low; blow retort should have been "At least we HAVE a team!"

:( The Jets will be back! You'll see! They wouldn't leave us forever.... :(

You, you..... bastard.... I'd suppressed those memories. :(

Bulls Beers said:
The Bruins played better than the habs in the last three games..It was just too tough tonight...Oh well, They got farther than I thought they would. The Canadians had to win..The Bruins didn't..
Couldnt send you a PM but I beat you to 1000! I win!

Fingers said:
:( The Jets will be back! You'll see! They wouldn't leave us forever.... :(

You, you..... bastard.... I'd suppressed those memories. :(

Instead of some mean witty comment like "BC might get a second team and it could be called the Jets.. BTW, where did the fly too? Iraq?" I'll say this instead...

Just think evil thoughts about Bettman. Maybe if he falls off the high horse he thinks he is on he'll break his head and have to resign. Then if you could somehow get rid of the eastern league teams owners who thought hockey was some kind of candy, then maybe they'd let Manitoba have it's team back and give a team to Saskatchewan and the Maritimes instead of making the net as big as Rosanne Bar's ass and making the players fight with nerf bats.

You have cities that have Ice 2/3's of the year with no teams and cities that think 20C is frigidly cold with teams playing in arena with water floating on the ice..

Instead of some mean witty comment like "BC might get a second team and it could be called the Jets.. BTW, where did the fly too? Iraq?" I'll say this instead...

Just think evil thoughts about Bettman. Maybe if he falls off the high horse he thinks he is on he'll break his head and have to resign. Then if you could somehow get rid of the eastern league teams owners who thought hockey was some kind of candy, then maybe they'd let Manitoba have it's team back and give a team to Saskatchewan and the Maritimes instead of making the net as big as Rosanne Bar's ass and making the players fight with nerf bats.

You have cities that have Ice 2/3's of the year with no teams and cities that think 20C is frigidly cold with teams playing in arena with water floating on the ice..

Right on...

Bettman's an A*S. He does not look at hockey as a sport. He only looks at it like it's money. He wants a team in Las Vegas... WTF. Bring back a team in Winnipeg or Québec or Hamilton or anywhere up north where the people are really into the game. Not in some desert where people are afraid of ice...

Just my tought on that!

I hate Bettman also. I met him at the Ice Bowl too. I hate him for other reasons though. Read 1999 No Goal...he could have done something about that...the lockout...ya that sucked.
EDIT: I have mixed feelign about the Sabs owner. Yes he helped save the team from bankruptcy but hes running the team like a business not like a sports franchise.

Back