NEW British all-in-one Brewing Tech coming to the USA - Pinter

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks again for your thoughts, all.

We have done this type of thing before in the UK and it's been successful. I'll have a look into how they do it - in the UK we know who to select for things such as this however I can't say I would know who best to choose in this forum having only interacted with people in this one thread.

The Kickstarter has 18 days to go now so it would be a quick turnaround for that, but even still we could do so after it has ended in preparation for the open US launch.
Find some members that are spread all over the world and that do like to share what they are using and how to. Best would be some guys who are experimenting with things on a regular basis. Also take a look at their account's numbers. That should help.

Last edited:
For the US launch post Kickstarter, a Pinter will cost $199 and come with glassware and a Pinter Pack.

Is the link in the first post the correct Kickstarter? The lowest reward level is listed at £172. Current exchange puts it at $220.

12 US pints. Is that total volume of wort into the fermenter or finished volume of beer dispensed?

Is the glass offered in the US Kickstarter a US or UK pint?

Last edited:
Is the link in the first post the correct Kickstarter? The lowest reward level is listed at £172. Current exchange puts it at $220.

12 US pints. Is that total volume of wort into the fermenter or finished volume of beer dispensed?

Is the glass offered in the US Kickstarter a US or UK pint?
It's better value to make a purchase now through the Kickstarter campaign is all.

The 12 US pints is the volume which is dispensed. The glass offered is approximately a 400ml from memory - forgive me, I'm not sure what that is in ounces.

It's better value to make a purchase now through the Kickstarter campaign is all.

But the current Kickstarter's lowest level is 10% higher than the $199 you quoted. Maybe I'm reading something wrong.

The glass offered is approximately a 400ml from memory - forgive me, I'm not sure what that is in ounces.

A 12oz pour plus a bit of headroom.

Am I the only one who thinks this is an ideal childrens educational toy, right up there with the Easy-Bake Oven, '101 Electronic Experiments" and chemistry sets!?
I'm really not slagging off the product, but I do think the marketing could be adjusted. I really seriously would buy this for a kid...It is a fantastic introduction to brewing, which leads to questions about how it all works, and I could only justify that price tag if it were for the purpose of enriching a loved-ones education.
Is there any parent on here that would buy their kid one?
Maybe it's just me; When I was in grade 5 I wanted to make my own vinegar and one of the many neighborhood wine-makers gave me some fresh pressed juice, but I had no guidance save what I'd read in books and no proper kit save my mom's canning stuff that I borrowed and I made a moldy stinky mess. I wish they had this when I was a kid.

But the current Kickstarter's lowest level is 10% higher than the $199 you quoted. Maybe I'm reading something wrong.
There's an extra Pinter Pack (written as "additional Fresh Press" in the reward which is confusing, but they're more or less the same thing) and the engraved tap handle comes with it, too.

Am I the only one who thinks this is an ideal childrens educational toy, right up there with the Easy-Bake Oven, '101 Electronic Experiments" and chemistry sets!?
I'm really not slagging off the product, but I do think the marketing could be adjusted. I really seriously would buy this for a kid...It is a fantastic introduction to brewing, which leads to questions about how it all works, and I could only justify that price tag if it were for the purpose of enriching a loved-ones education.
Is there any parent on here that would buy their kid one?
Maybe it's just me; When I was in grade 5 I wanted to make my own vinegar and one of the many neighborhood wine-makers gave me some fresh pressed juice, but I had no guidance save what I'd read in books and no proper kit save my mom's canning stuff that I borrowed and I made a moldy stinky mess. I wish they had this when I was a kid.

Could you not do the same thing with a Mr Beer kit? They are a whole lot cheaper too.

Not to poo-poo on the Pinter, but it seems like an overpriced Mr Beer kit to me. Even today, I think you could make beer for a lot less than $220 and be able to have more than 1.5 gallons.

The Mr.Beer has going for it; Traditional stove-top techniques and a small footprint in the kitchen...thing is you have to bottle it.
If I understand what I've read about it correctly, with the Pinter, you could skip their packs, brew stove-top with a small footprint, and carbonate in it. When I was a kid, I was often served a small drink at special occasions when the adults were doing a toast.. I was trusted to understand that this is an adult beverage and I learned to treat it responsibly in exchange for the priviledge of having a bit... Thing is, with a Mr.Beer, you'd need to bottle it and I don't know of any small enough bottles to give a kid. With the pinter, it would just sit in the fridge and the kid could be allow a small cup a day.... I'm particularly fond of those German mustard beer-mugs:
https://www.garyseuropeansausage.ca/product/german-beer-mug-hot-mustard/Just my thoughts. :mug:

I think there just might be a teensy bit of a problem with marketing a kit designed for producing alcoholic beverages to children. But hey, maybe that's just me.
I guess it depends on the kid and the family..I grew up in a neighborhood largely populated by 1st and 2nd generation Italians, half of whom made their own wine and they regularly had it with meals, kids included. In my own family was trusted with small quantities, and I noticed as I grew up that the kids who faced a beating for trying to sneak a drink would start regularly appearing in the local newspaper after their lastest accident..usually driving with a suspended license too.
The whole reason I think it would be great for kids is not just the educational aspect, but for the responsibility part.
...Maybe I'd have been a bad parent..dunno.

It's a pressurised vessel and uses the natural CO2 produced in fermentation to carbonate the beer and dispense it.
To me, the carbonation method seems like it could be an issue. As the volume of beer decreases with each pour, the gas will follow. Maybe because it’s such a small volume this will be negligible? @Riaz_PinterUK do you noticed lower carbonation levels as you get down to the last few pints?

I grew up in a neighborhood largely populated by 1st and 2nd generation Italians, half of whom made their own wine and they regularly had it with meals, kids included.
So did I, except mine was the only house with an actual wine cellar complete with a press and four full-sized oak barrels. All my friends' second generation dads got their home made wine from my first generation dad. My brothers and I helped with the wine making and all of use got to drink small quantities - watered down for the really young kids - but it's not like my father was volunteering to teach a wine making class at the elementary school.

I do like the idea of this better than products like the BEERMKR, if someone wants to move past HME kits they could at least still use this with small batch BIAB. Also if an inexperienced brewer can make decent beer they might be more likely to stay with the hobby. Costs more than I would pay, but I did spend over $100 for a pressurized growler.

But does one get the satisfaction of making beer with this?, there is no skill involved, just pour some stuff in and wait, the whole point of brewing beer to me is experimenting with ingredients etc.

But does one get the satisfaction of making beer with this?, there is no skill involved, just pour some stuff in and wait, the whole point of brewing beer to me is experimenting with ingredients etc.
Does one get the satisfaction of baking a cake from a Betty Crocker mix? I don't know, but one does get cake. To each his own, right?

Does one get the satisfaction of baking a cake from a Betty Crocker mix? I don't know, but one does get cake. To each his own, right?
Seems like a valid analogy but boxed cake mix actually makes a very good cake on par with home made and the pricing is very close to the same unless you were to buy the raw ingredients in bulk. Fermenting overpriced, pre-hopped extract and serving it directly from the fermenter as it slowly goes flat is not the same or similar.

Fermenting overpriced, pre-hopped extract and serving it directly from the fermenter as it slowly goes flat is not the same or similar.
I was not actually trying to defend overpriced pre-hopped extract or overpriced plastic all-in-one fermenters. I was defending people who might find satisfaction in things that the rest of us don't, or who choose to spend their money on things that we wouldn't.

I was not actually trying to defend overpriced pre-hopped extract or overpriced plastic all-in-one fermenters. I was defending people who might find satisfaction in things that the rest of us don't, or who choose to spend their money on things that we wouldn't.
Of course, if people enjoy it the have to buy this and use it, that is also why i said:

the whole point of brewing beer to me is experimenting with ingredients etc.

Hello everyone. I hope you're all doing well!

Pinter is now live in the USA and our US store is open ready for shipping towards the end of November. For anyone who wants to give it a go or pass this onto a friend, the time is now.

Take care, guys.

Back