Hockey

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
All kidding aside, you guys have no idea of the misery that was here when the Jets left. There were grassroots organizations springing up all over the place trying to raise funds and convince the government to pitch in to save the spinoff revenue. We passed the damn hat! It seemed there were collection drives a couple of times a week, and people gave. It was really heartbreaking watching some of the TV interviews with the fans. Absolute disbelief and a sense of utter betrayal when after all that effort they left anyway. These guys actually had tears in their eyes on public TV.

Well lets see here every team my Sabs gave a big name player not only got into the playoff but are moving to the second round. Hmmmm. Some great moves there GM (Darcy Regier) and owner (Tom Golisano). You were right. Those players really weren't worth holding onto. Apparently they really were not very valuable. Nice ****ing moves jack asses!

Fingers said:
All kidding aside, you guys have no idea of the misery that was here when the Jets left. There were grassroots organizations springing up all over the place trying to raise funds and convince the government to pitch in to save the spinoff revenue. We passed the damn hat! It seemed there were collection drives a couple of times a week, and people gave. It was really heartbreaking watching some of the TV interviews with the fans. Absolute disbelief and a sense of utter betrayal when after all that effort they left anyway. These guys actually had tears in their eyes on public TV.
That really sucks man. I may soon know how you feel though. The Bills probably wont stay in Buffalo for much longer. After our current owner dies well probably have to say goodbye to my Bills. I know I will cry when/if it is officially announced.

Yeah, teams that have a deep, grass roots fan base and leave for a "big market" city is low. Pro sports may also be a business, but often it seems they forget about what made them financially viable as a business in the first place.

Fingers said:

about the same thing for the quebec Nordiques!

Im so pumped for tonight! I hope we see a little more of this right here, Minus Lidstrom getting hurt.

[youtube]Qbch6g6ICeA[/youtube]

Habs and Referees beat the Flyers. I guess for a team to beat the Flyers they need the help of the refs. I would just like to see the teams have an even matchup without any outside help. The Flyers are consitantly being screwed. The Habs win tonight was complete BULLSH*T.

rcb said:
Habs and Referees beat the Flyers. I guess for a team to beat the Flyers they need the help of the refs. I would just like to see the teams have an even matchup without any outside help. The Flyers are consitantly being screwed. The Habs win tonight was complete BULLSH*T.

Frustration speaks here!

The last call was totally good. Richards sure did deserve his kneeing penalty. That wasn't the most palpitating game of all, but that was heck of an ending.

Can't wait for game 2.

rcb said:

How is a botched goaltender interference call in your favor (Caps, game 7) to score a goal "consistently being screwed"?

I love it when fans blame **** on the refs. Just suck it up, they lost. Move on.

PseudoChef said:
How is a botched goaltender interference call in your favor (Caps, game 7) to score a goal "consistently being screwed"?

I love it when fans blame **** on the refs. Just suck it up, they lost. Move on.
If i remember correctly goaltender interference is when a player hits the opposing goaltender, not the opposing teams defensmen who hits his own goaltender. They lost, but they'll be back to take the series (I hope).

rcb said:
If i remember correctly goaltender interference is when a player hits the opposing goaltender, not the opposing teams defensmen who hits his own goaltender. They lost, but they'll be back to take the series (I hope).

I like how you don't add the part about the Philly player checking the Washington player into Huet.

PseudoChef said:
I like how you don't add the part about the Philly player checking the Washington player into Huet.
I meant that Patrik Thoresen had a completely clean hit on the Caps defenseman who then hit Huet. You were right and I'm sorry that i didn't say it that way the first time.

Hope the game tonight will end up like this:

af2a3c0aef50824b56059d72410578b2-getty-80820543pm026flyers_canadiens.jpg

Super pic eh! I'll have to point your attention to the flyers guy on his knees on the back!!!:D

xjiefx said:
Hope the game tonight will end up like this:

af2a3c0aef50824b56059d72410578b2-getty-80820543pm026flyers_canadiens.jpg

Super pic eh! I'll have to point your attention to the flyers guy on his knees on the back!!!:D
I guess it didn't turn out like you wanted. Yeah Flyers!!!!!!!

Yep... Unfortunately yesterday's game ended up like this:

capt.c9c69edd1ce4423d8edb64779cb43783.flyers_canadiens_hockey__ryr110.jpg

I was even there. At least I had my little white towell to dry my tears! :D

Price did not look too good on 2 of the top corner goals... But I'm sure he'll bounce back. He always does.

xjiefx said:
Yep... Unfortunately yesterday's game ended up like this:

capt.c9c69edd1ce4423d8edb64779cb43783.flyers_canadiens_hockey__ryr110.jpg
Todays also! (not worth any smiles because I dont like the Flyers either)

**** the east **** em **** em all. Acually I want the FLyer to lose to, because of Briere. If they could both lose that would be great. You guys can just kill each other. Thad be cool.

Man, I just realized the Wings game tonight starts at 9 CT. I'm not even that old and I might have to get a nap in before the game starts to make it through to the end. Thursday too. Stupid West Coast.

arturo7 said:
In the words of Happy Gilmore:

"The Price is wrong, b**c*!"

That's right! The Price was really wrong on those 2 last games. Step it up kid!!!

As for Biron... I hate his posts. The habs hit 5-6 posts per game. HAAAAAAAAAA...

I'm stressed out, we have to win the next one to tie at 2!!! WE HAVE TO!

xjiefx said:
That's right! The Price was really wrong on those 2 last games. Step it up kid!!!

As for Biron... I hate his posts. The habs hit 5-6 posts per game. HAAAAAAAAAA...

I'm stressed out, we have to win the next one to tie at 2!!! WE HAVE TO!
Posts are part of the Goaltenders equipment. If they're hitting the posts that means Biron is in perfect position. Go Flyers!!!!!
:rockin:

BuffaloSabresBrewer said:
Todays also! (not worth any smiles because I dont like the Flyers either)

**** the east **** em **** em all. Acually I want the FLyer to lose to, because of Briere. If they could both lose that would be great. You guys can just kill each other. Thad be cool.
Man you seem just as upset about Briere as all the Montreal fans. Isn't anyone as happy as me that he's with the flyers?

In the finals i think it will be Dallas and Philly. Philly's gonna take it in 5 games.

PseudoChef said:
Man, I just realized the Wings game tonight starts at 9 CT. I'm not even that old and I might have to get a nap in before the game starts to make it through to the end. Thursday too. Stupid West Coast.

**** thats Mountain Time, If it was west Coast time it would start at 10 CT. Then you would really have to take a nap.;)

Flyers beat the Habs in 5 games, yeah buddy!!!!! I'm so pumped right now i had a perfect brew night and the flyers are moving on to the Eastern Conference finals. All is right with the world.:mug:

At least it should be a series people will want to watch. I will root for detroit just to see hasek get another cup even though hes not starting.

Tom

Let's see some great hockey. The Pens have speed and youth, and the Wings have experience and strength. I think the Wings defense is tougher than anyone the Pens have played so far, so that might be a deciding factor.

I'm so ready for some serious Cup finals!

Wings in 4. Too much experience and a damn good knowledge of the game. Plus those stupid birds beat my Rangers, not happy about that one. Fleury will crack and the Red Wings D will shut down Crosby and Malkin.

Ha, I seriously doubt Detroit will do it in 4. I think it will take 5 maybe 6. The Pens are too good to knocked out so easily. I think the Pens will have a hard time getting over Detroit's D, but their offense has been very good, and their defense hasn't been too shabby lately either.

Can't wait to see what Crosby looks like. I haven't really watched much of him at all.

Latest posts

Back