Hockey

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
ytsejam said:
Hey Sabres Brewer, you going to Hawks/Sabres game Saturday?
Patrick Kane returns home to Buffalo for first time.
Wow, that kid is a stud, very fun to watch.

Cheers to new era in Chicago!

I freakin wish! That kid is nuts but I no doubt could skate circles around him.;) Ill be watching hoping we can shut him down.

What's with the new logo?

Barney%20Pompadour.jpg

There were rumors it was because of the whole Adelphia thing. Their colors were black and red so they were getting rid of the bad mojo that almost killed the franchise. Also they knew the Sabres would be an amazing team that year and everyone would want their stuff so they changed the logo and all the people with old stuff bought new and people just bought new stuff because they jumped on the wagon. Either way it was genius because the Sabres lead the league in merchandise sold.

Also I think its more of a fast speedy looking logo compared to our old "goat". The goat was agressive and mean looking but its more about speed now and that what the team was/is about.

anyone hear about the Las Vegas Expansion they are trying to make. They need to leave it alone in my opinion. It already pisses me off that the wings dont play the bruins or leafs this year!we dont need another team.:mad:

Havent heard but doesn't surprise me. I have already said to people the schedule seems kind of funny this year i wonder if their playin around with it experimenting for expansion. Thanks adds to my ego some more.

BuffaloSabresBrewer said:
Havent heard but doesn't surprise me. I have already said to people the schedule seems kind of funny this year i wonder if their playin around with it experimenting for expansion. Thanks adds to my ego some more.

Well, the board of governors met at pebble beach a couple of weeks ago and said that they will allow the western confrence to play the east more next year to maybe get some of the origional six rivalries back. Hope it happens! I dont even have a Redwings and Avalanche Rivalry anymore!

Didnt they meet last year and decide the exact opposite? No matter I love beating up on the western conference!

Didnt they meet last year and decide the exact opposite? No matter I love beating up on the western conference!

Cmon you need to accept the fact that the Wings own the Eastern Conferance!lol

I do have to admit I love watching Ryan Miller play Used to go watch him when he played for the spartans He is just awesome in the net!

Ya the wings are damn good. They should get moved to the eastern conference lol ;)

Actually Buffalo had a sub par visit to the west this year but it happens sometimes.

You hate to see the crazy scheduling that happens with big road trips like that. As much as I want to see it, the more the east plays the west the season either gets extended, BEST THING EVER, or the schedule gets more crammed and the quality of games goes down and teams fall victim to their schedule.

Ya the wings are damn good. They should get moved to the eastern conference lol ;)

Actually Buffalo had a sub par visit to the west this year but it happens sometimes.

You hate to see the crazy scheduling that happens with big road trips like that. As much as I want to see it, the more the east plays the west the season either gets extended, BEST THING EVER, or the schedule gets more crammed and the quality of games goes down and teams fall victim to their schedule.

I second that, I just hope your sabres can stop them Flyers God I hate that team!

I'll 2nd the Flyers hatred!
With the new jerseys and such, I'm just glad the Hawks' stayed mostly the same.
Best jersey in all of sports!
Here's to a good game between Hawks & Sabres tonight!
Cheers!

edit: On the pregame show they showed Byfuglien wearing Kane's jersey and signing stuff for fans.
Kane - 5' 10", 165lbs, white
Byfuglien - 6' 3", 250lbs, black
Classic!

Last edited by a moderator:
Chicago trades Jim Vandermeer to Philly for Ben Eager.
Vandy was my favorite Blackhawk.
I'm crushed.
I need a beer.

Anyone else ever had their favorite player traded away?

I'm sure this will all go over easier for me if Eager beats on Tootoo tomorrow night.

I had half my team traded away last year. Chris Drury AND Daniel Briere. Not to mention Marty Biron. It was a sad year in many respects. :(

I had half my team traded away last year. Chris Drury AND Daniel Briere. Not to mention Marty Biron. It was a sad year in many respects. :(

Ya what was up with that move did they need cap room?

I guess we couldnt afford Briere (not so sure because Briere did want to stay) and Drury wanted to play for the Rangers( the team he grew up with). But I sure do miss being number one!:( :( :(

Yeah, I forgot about the Sabres fire-sale of 2006.
I don't get to see too much eastern conference hockey here.

I'm not as bummed about the CHI-PHI trade as I was last night.
Hopefully Eager will beat on Tootoo. I'll be an instant fan then!
I know I can't be the only one here that hates that guy (Tootoo).

World Junior Hockey Championship begins on Boxing Day. It's being held in the Czech Republic so I guess we'll have games at odd hours.

No I'm just kidding. Ya I heard some network was picking up the last few rounds. Ill defiantly try to catch that. Never watched any of it before. Yay to the networks for picking it up!:ban:

Fingers said:
World Junior Hockey Championship begins on Boxing Day. It's being held in the Czech Republic so I guess we'll have games at odd hours.

I had tickets for every game of the world juniors that were held in Vancouver. I went to ~65% of the games. Even that was pretty hard to do. I went to one or two games a day for the whole tournament.

It was great hockey though, and the gold medal game was one of the best sporting events I have ever attended, and I have been to many high level sporting events.

The only one that rates higher to me is the night that the Blue Jays won the world series for the first time. I was in Toronto, and even though they were playing on the road, Toronto exploded into one of the most amazing displays of celebration that I have ever seen.

Anyways, ++ for the world juniors, and ++ for Boxing Day!

kenche said:
It was great hockey though, and the gold medal game was one of the best sporting events I have ever attended, and I have been to many high level sporting events.

Anyways, ++ for the world juniors, and ++ for Boxing Day!

I think a lot of hockey fans don't realize that there are actually NHL players that are eligible for the tournament. You just have to be under 20 years old. Everyone in that tournament knows that the NHL scouts are there so they're not playing just for the glory of representing their country, but to showcase their skills. It's the best of the young 'piss and vinegar' crowd, and the hockey is awesome.

I like watching women's world cup hockey too, but it's pretty one sided. Everyone knows who's going to win but it's a good excuse to tilt beverages, slap high fives, and share man-hugs. (It's perfectly acceptable to hug another man when your team scores in an important game. But of course, we all know that.)

I actually like the Sabres quite a bit. They are kind of my second team. I used to work for HSBC, and ended up in Buffalo for a week every month or two.

I was always shocked that I could walk up on game night, and get a lower bowl centre ice ticket for 50$.

In Vancouver, getting the opportunity to purchase a ticket is a rare thing.

Cant do that anymore. Sabres tickets are like Canadian teams now. Good luck. That being said...I'm going to the Ice Bowl!:ban: :ban:

They play it, but the cup hasnt gone to a Canadian team in a long time.:D

In team name only. Check your player roster. A quick count shows four American players and ten Canadians on the Buffalo Sabres. I think you'll find that's the case in most, if not all, the teams. You dominate our football, we dominate your hockey.

Cant do that anymore. Sabres tickets are like Canadian teams now. Good luck. That being said...I'm going to the Ice Bowl!:ban: :ban:

Hey Would you guys be interested in trading Campbell to the Wings???:D

Just read through this thread...good to see some other Blackhawks fans still exist! The early 90s team of Roenick/Amonte/Belfour/etc got me on board when I was young and have more or less stuck with them, though I don't follow the NHL as closely as I used to due to lack of coverage.

I play goalie in a beer league and travel a couple times a year for tourneys, so I do a lot more playing than watching these days. Let's hear it for a Hawks playoff run!

Where is Jersey in here!?

Let's Go Devils!!!!!!!

Anyone else been to "The Rock" yet? Better question, has anyone bought their way into those VIP sections they taunt us $50 budget fans with? ha!

Eb

blizz81 said:
Just read through this thread...good to see some other Blackhawks fans still exist! The early 90s team of Roenick/Amonte/Belfour/etc got me on board when I was young and have more or less stuck with them, though I don't follow the NHL as closely as I used to due to lack of coverage.

I play goalie in a beer league and travel a couple times a year for tourneys, so I do a lot more playing than watching these days. Let's hear it for a Hawks playoff run!

Sorry bout your Hawks tonight...

HA! Not really!!

GO BLUES

Chicago rumored to host next outdoor NHL game.

NHL commissioner Bettman is in Chicago today for 12:30 pm press conference.

Hawks have won 5 of last 7 and are still fighting hard to sneak into a playoff spot.

If this press conference is indeed to announce an outdoor game, I suggest to any out of towners to stop by the Map Room when in Chi-town. (check out that beer list!)

ytsejam said:
Chicago rumored to host next outdoor NHL game.

NHL commissioner Bettman is in Chicago today for 12:30 pm press conference.

Hawks have won 5 of last 7 and are still fighting hard to sneak into a playoff spot.

If this press conference is indeed to announce an outdoor game, I suggest to any out of towners to stop by the Map Room when in Chi-town. (check out that beer list!)

Interesting, I heard a rumor a after the recent game that next year's game would be the last hurrah for Yankee Stadium.

Back