What is your home brewery's name?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
In a nod to one of the greatest movies of all time, mine is called The Hoppery. Monty Python fans will get the connection. My sailboat is called Ni, and our runabout Run Away! Yeah...I know....I have a problem.

A Shrubbery
1684582281834.png

My patio was walled in some owners ago. It's not a very practical room from an objective standpoint. I put all my beer stuff in there and called it the beer room from day one. We still refer to it as the beer room, so I guess it's the beer room. Here's my logo...

The Beer Room

Nothing especially creative. It's named for the rural road I live on.

PS the logo is a work in progress.
I need to work on logo (one of my sons has pics of our 2 dogs on their backs looking drunk but hard to do as logo). Named the brewery of course after our 2 adopted rescue hounds.

Drunk Dog Brewing!

Attachments

• Drunk Dog Brewing.jpg
    Drunk Dog Brewing.jpg
    45.4 KB · Views: 0
Many years ago I worked as a pharmacy tech in a hospital here in Seattle. I had two nicknames while I was there; Blinky (blink and she's gone), and Speedbump (because I moved around too fast and apparently needed one). When the husband and I were trying to come up with names for the brewery, he's the one who suggested Speedbump Brewing. Sometimes I name my beers with roadworky-sounding names, or something to do with trucking (I'm a dispatcher in my work life). Husband had the sign in my avatar made for me two christmases ago. A dear friend also had another logo made for me (can't find it at the moment) which is a cartoon beer truck going over a bump in the road, and kegs flying out.

Bailey mountain brewing

I live on 12 acres on a mountain where my sister lives on the neighboring 12 acres and my dad is on the other side of me. We are close friends with our neighbors another driveway down, their daughter calls me uncle dave, so we consider our little area "the mountain" .. the road we live on is lower bailey, named after a stream that runs through the mountain call "bailey run" so I took bailey run and the mountain and called it bailey mountain. Here's the logo my wife created, fun fact about me, this logo is also tattooed on my a$$ as practice for my wife when I got her a tattoo machine.

Thank you for not posting that picture...

Broken Leg Brewery and Winery.

Pretty sure that one is self-explanatory, but if not I broke my leg badly playing hockey and I"m a hyper person so that was hard to be so immobile. I was already making wine, and got into beer since I could actually brew mostly in a wheelchair, but on crutches it was hard to carry stuff. It worked out anyway I guess....

Wigglebutts Brewery for all the Corgis and Australian Shepherds we’ve had over the years. Beers named for dogs; our’s, children’s, childhood, and those we sit. Sours get Foxy moniker for the several in the neighborhood which our current dogs think are dogs..

Attachments

• IMG_0014.jpeg
    IMG_0014.jpeg
    814.3 KB · Views: 0
Black Canyon Brewing. My wife and I live on a golf course complex, Blacklake. There's actually three 9-hole courses and our home sits on the 6th fairway of one of the courses called The Canyons.
Blacklake + Canyons = Black Canyon.

Here's an early rough sketch of my logo.
logo.jpg

And here's a label from an Oatmeal Stout I once brewed called Dr. Tarr, taken from "The System of Doctor Tarr and Professor Fether," a short story written by Edgar Allan Poe.
Screenshot from 2023-05-20 09-10-36.jpg

Bailey mountain brewing

I live on 12 acres on a mountain where my sister lives on the neighboring 12 acres and my dad is on the other side of me. We are close friends with our neighbors another driveway down, their daughter calls me uncle dave, so we consider our little area "the mountain" .. the road we live on is lower bailey, named after a stream that runs through the mountain call "bailey run" so I took bailey run and the mountain and called it bailey mountain. Here's the logo my wife created, fun fact about me, this logo is also tattooed on my a$$ as practice for my wife when I got her a tattoo machine.

I need a logo. All you folks have some nice logos... I want to get one that I could also get a tattoo of... but not on my a**

Black Canyon Brewing. My wife and I live on a golf course complex, Blacklake. There's actually three 9-hole courses and our home sits on the 6th fairway of one of the courses called The Canyons.
Blacklake + Canyons = Black Canyon.

Here's an early rough sketch of my logo.
View attachment 820486

And here's a label from an Oatmeal Stout I once brewed called Dr. Tarr, taken from "The System of Doctor Tarr and Professor Fether," a short story written by Edgar Allan Poe.
View attachment 820488
Sounds like a beautiful place to watch the sun rise and set, but I do wonder if you've had much cause to name a brew something like; "Broken Window Blonde" or somesuch.
Love the Dr.Tarr! Trivia: It was Edgar Allen Poe and not some scientist who first posited that though every point in the sky contained a star, yet our nights are dark on only punctuated by the closest, that their light had merely not yet reached us, thus light had a speed of travel.

Sounds like a beautiful place to watch the sun rise and set, but I do wonder if you've had much cause to name a brew something like; "Broken Window Blonde" or somesuch.
Love the Dr.Tarr! Trivia: It was Edgar Allen Poe and not some scientist who first posited that though every point in the sky contained a star, yet our nights are dark on only punctuated by the closest, that their light had merely not yet reached us, thus light had a speed of travel.
Thanks. We've been here seven years now, and luckily no broken windows yet. Hopefully I haven't just jinxed myself. We've had a few roof tiles replaced though.

Sunsets are nice when the evening marine layer, (something I called fog when I lived in NY 😉), doesn't blot it out.

When the house was built they plumbed a natural gas line to the back patio. I've got my Weber grill attached, but I move it out of the way on brew days to make room for my Blichmann nat-gas burner. Lots of questions from golfers wondering what I'm cooking. When I tell them they all say they'll be back when it has been turned into cold beer.

Interesting trivia on Poe. I hadn't heard that before.

My patio was walled in some owners ago. It's not a very practical room from an objective standpoint. I put all my beer stuff in there and called it the beer room from day one. We still refer to it as the beer room, so I guess it's the beer room. Here's my logo...

The Beer Room
clean, simple, accurate.

My wife and I have always sold art and collectibles as a side-hustle, and her movie-making uncle agreed our name/logo idea sounded like money, so: Spencer Augustus. It's expanded into bookkeeping, tax prep, fine-art photography, digital printing (all things we used to do/still do before I became a full-time theology teacher); and as the biz plan fleshes out, eventually, a retirement brew-pub. We also have restaurant experience, so not totally crazy. As long as the IRS gets its cut of whatever we do every year, we don't hear any complaints about how many different things we do off that name.
Spencer Augustus Logo.jpg

Mine is Royal Oaks Brewing Company, after the name of the subdivision I live in. I did a search to see if that was taken (yep, The Royal Oak Brewery in Royal Oak, MI), but I'm keeping it. I'm never going pro, so I'm not worried about any cease and desist letters from them. I don't have a logo, but I'm stuck on a pirate theme. Art Deco or something a bit more rural, since I live in TN, are two other choices I like to look into for a logo.

OP, I like your avatar so I'd incorporate that in your logo somehow. You worked in radio, so I would definitely work that into a logo. One of my favorite album covers (and albums) is Donald Fagen's The Nightfly. Maybe you can incorporate a beer mug in place of the cigarette that's in Donald's hand or just in front of the ashtray.. The clock or clipboard in the back ground could have your brewery name. The mic might have the call letters "WBRU", "KHOP", "WBER", etc, you get the drift.

Another angle is using the old school "Radio Flyer" red wagon in your logo if you didn't want to go the Fagen route. Some many riffs on a theme of radio. Just some ideas from the top of my head.

Spartan's Hausbrauerei und Bierkeller.

At one time I was using Barley Island Brewing. I had gotten that off an Sam Adams calendar I had in the 90's. But later I found there was a commercial brewery in Indiana using that name. I wonder if they got it from the same calendar I did.

I had mentioned that my logo was a work in progress. That got me going to work on it some more. Here's the latest result. I used one of those online cartoon-me sites and used a thumbnail from one of my recent YouTube vids then just started playing around with an ancient copy of Paint Shop Pro I've had on my laptop since 2007. I'm thinking I'll reduce the size of the ellipse a bit so there's not so much empty space over and around my head (as opposed to the empty space in my head).

Attachments

• New Logo 007 - 05-19-2023.png
    New Logo 007 - 05-19-2023.png
    572.3 KB · Views: 0
My avatar is my brewery name. I have an updated logo that is cleaner on a white background and I have that version my tap handles. My friend made me this logo sign from a whiskey barrel top and I have it mounted above my home bar.

Attachments

• Brewery Logo.jpg
    Brewery Logo.jpg
    2.3 MB · Views: 0
I used to call mine J-Squared brewing, but I found out that the stream that runs pretty much across the street used to be called Hop Brook. It was apparently renamed back in the 1800s for the guy who was a huge landowner in town, but the name on both other town is still Hop Brook, so I figured that was a perfect name for it.
I later found out that someone down the street who is a beekeeper calls it Hop Brook Apiary, so it still works out.

My home brewery is named after Saint Winfrid Boniface, who is one of the patron saints of brewers. Winfrid came as a missionary from England to Germany. I mostly brew English style ales, which are by far and large not very popular here in Germany, so a lot of missionary work has to be done. Therefore the name.
I also decided to use Anglo Saxon to give the whole thing a more "epic" look and feel. Behold:

S. Wynfrith Breawern (S. Winfrid's Brewery)

Attachments

• SWynfrithBreawern.jpg
    SWynfrithBreawern.jpg
    172.5 KB · Views: 0
some of my brews:

9 finger stout

misty mountain stout

keep it safe ale

the shire's lager

baggins's old mead

all tolkien references

im not even a huge fan it just works out well for the labels.

you get the idea
Just had a double IPA from a local brewery called "Bow to No One" with a pic of the 4 hobbits. Since it's my favorite movie(s) it really speaks to me!

I can post a pic of the can art if you are interested

Latest posts

Back