What is your home brewery's name?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cameronl

Reaction score
I've been struggling to come up with a name for my basement brewery. Have you named yours? What is it? What was the inspiration? Help me get my creative juices flowing.
Hmm... "Creative Juices Brewing"... ewww, no. Back to the drawing board.

Nothing especially creative. It's named for the rural road I live on.

PS the logo is a work in progress.

Attachments

• Gabel Road Brewing Co.jpg
    Gabel Road Brewing Co.jpg
    79.6 KB · Views: 0
Don't force it.. It'll just come to you in a moment when you're doing or thinking something brewing-related, probably as an off-hand comment either in your own head or something someone says.
My nickname for about 20 years at work was 'Crow', mostly because limited smoking-area seating in the factory would see me perched on a railing (which was actually far more ergonomic and comfortble than the fast-food style seating) and I always wore black and my 18" of hair was usually black... After my injury, when a co-worker I hadn't seen since before it asked me what the hell happened to me, after telling him about it he said; "So you're a Broken Crow!"..and it stuck: BCB... 'Broken Crow Brews'...'Brews' and not 'brewery' because it refers to the equipment I 'brew up' as well as what I do with it.
Give it time and space, and something that feels or resonates personally to you will present itself.
:bigmug:

My surname is Zasada. It translates as the principle as well as hydroxide. Zasadniczo means basically.

While I was starting I was so uncertain of so many things, fhat I thought it was basically a home brewery but...

Logo was made after 8 years of having fun.
large.propo-logo.png.059c4f836a87c141c32ee85ad87f100f.png

Last edited:
Bailey mountain brewing

I live on 12 acres on a mountain where my sister lives on the neighboring 12 acres and my dad is on the other side of me. We are close friends with our neighbors another driveway down, their daughter calls me uncle dave, so we consider our little area "the mountain" .. the road we live on is lower bailey, named after a stream that runs through the mountain call "bailey run" so I took bailey run and the mountain and called it bailey mountain. Here's the logo my wife created, fun fact about me, this logo is also tattooed on my a$$ as practice for my wife when I got her a tattoo machine.
20230519_142803.jpg

Hop Mechanic Brewing

I've been a mechanic my whole life and own a repair shop... so naturally....

The name I got courtesy of my wife is Mad Fusion Brewing. I'm a scientist in my day job, and she said it sounded sciencey.
View attachment 820396

Very nice, name related to your work.

I'm a fundraiser. I beg for money.
Begger's Brewing? Nice alliteration. But fundraising is just a job for me, not a passion or calling.

My professional background is in radio management and production (I fundraise for public radio), so maybe something radio related... I like the old-timey art deco look of radio graphics from the thirties. I'm going to have to mull on that.

1684522180590.png

Imagine a taproom built in an old transmitter site...

1684522330396.png

1684522517037.png

Underhill Brewery

Underhill was the name of a section of Hobbiton that was under Hobbiton Hill, from jrr tolkien book "the hobbit. " i condition all my beers in my crawlspace. its got a few steps leading down to an area with a very low ceiling. it reminds me of a hobbit's house. thus underhill brewery

I came up with this one for mine.

BadLemurBrewing.jpg

One day while brewing 10 gallons of Kolsch in my garage I noticed something rolling around in the boil. I fished it out and discovered it was a yellowjacket that had done a kamikaze into the wort. The beer turned out fine. The yellowjacket, not so much.

YellowjacketKolsch2.jpg

Last edited:
Don't force it.. It'll just come to you in a moment when you're doing or thinking something brewing-related, probably as an off-hand comment either in your own head or something someone says.
^^ I agree with this.^^
I live in an area where the wind seems to blow every day… some days worse than others. I was searching google images for something completely unrelated, and stumbled upon the picture I now use for my brewery logo. It seemed like it fit perfectly. Windblown Brewery.
IMG_2215.jpeg
I typically name my beers after life events, local landmarks, or thing that strike me about the particular brew. They just seem to pop in my head when I need them to.

My oldest grandson named my brewery 5 years ago when he was a HS Senior and taking a metal fab class. He made the sign which now graces the door of my kegerator and gave it to me for Xmas.
F7F11AEA-E018-439A-BEDC-1A71106A0D58.jpeg

This part of MT, the NE corner of Blaine County along the Canadian border, has been known as the Big Flat since the homestead days over 100 years ago. It‘s big, flat, and sparsely populated.

Sometimes like nick names for yourself, you just need to let what your friends refer to it as be the name.
"Grizwold Brewing" comes from my brother-in-law. I tend to be, shall we say, somewhere between not being careful and accident prone, leading to his nickname for me Grizwold after the Chevy Chase character. And yes, sometimes my brew sessions are borderline OSHA alerts. But, hey--the beer is good!

Since I brew almost exclusively British/English ales, I thought it would only be appropriate to name it in that fashion.
The "Brand name" is Grundelin's, a combination of mine and my wife's surname, and the brewery it self is The Bear Brewery, since we have a lot of bear where I live.
Am working on a template design for labels for kegerator and bottles that will be based on old school Truman's and Sam Smith labels.

Attachments

• IMG-20221111-WA0004.jpg
    IMG-20221111-WA0004.jpg
    68.6 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG-20221111-WA0002.jpg
    IMG-20221111-WA0002.jpg
    67.7 KB · Views: 0
I've been struggling to come up with a name for my basement brewery. Have you named yours? What is it? What was the inspiration? Help me get my creative juices flowing.
Hmm... "Creative Juices Brewing"... ewww, no. Back to the drawing board.
In a nod to one of the greatest movies of all time, mine is called The Hoppery. Monty Python fans will get the connection. My sailboat is called Ni, and our runabout Run Away! Yeah...I know....I have a problem.

A Shrubbery

Attachments

• PXL_20211221_134529195.jpg
    PXL_20211221_134529195.jpg
    2.9 MB · Views: 0
Back