What is your home brewery's name?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Screenshot 2022-10-15 at 9.25.07 AM.jpeg

Four Boys Brewing… despite the handle… a bit of confusion between my wife and I who designed the logo… but I went with it!

I've been struggling to come up with a name for my basement brewery. Have you named yours? What is it? What was the inspiration? Help me get my creative juices flowing.
Hmm... "Creative Juices Brewing"... ewww, no. Back to the drawing board.
DragonflyLady Brews I studied aquatic insects in school and liked the dragonflies, so I have used the nickname "Dragonflylady" for geocaching and my home brewing.

View attachment 820872

If near Cincinnati, you've gotta go with WKRP and Dr. Johnny Fever somehow.

Or Bailey.

"Baby, if you've ever wondered.
Drinking and wondering, what became of me.
I'm brewing on the air in Cincinnati.
Cincinnati, WKRP.

Got tired of single, double, triple decoctions
Drain and sparge, boil and keg, sometimes it's a trial.
Maybe you and me would rather drink for free
But if you can't, drink one for me once in a while.

I've been brewing on the air in Cincinnatiiiiiii.....
"

My home brewery's full name is Vallis Lacrimarum in Partibus Infidelium, which means The Valley of Tears in the Lands of Infidels. Not just a fancy Biblical allusion, it's a pretty exact description of the geographical location where the brewery is situated.
The logo includes a sad Angel holding a chalice. It's not clear, whether it's beer or his tears in the chalice (the drawing is very schematic, the chalice being full is assumed, not drawn as such). It may be either beer or tears, or rather a mix of both.

I won't deny that the general concept has been slightly influenced by the Lyle Golden Syrup's Samsonic Lion from the Old Testament, which I think is one of the most genial trademarks of all times.

Sometimes, the brewery lives well up to its name in regard of the Tears part. Lots of them have been shed under its roof when dumping spoiled batches or when the brewer was sorely disappointed with his hard-to-make beers he cherished high hopes about. I've come to accept that as just an integral part of the experience :)

Last edited:
Logo was made after 8 years of having fun.
View attachment 820377
A solid choise for the name itself as well as for the font it's typed in. Why then such a hefty-sounding-and-looking trademark rests on a fluffy chmurze? It's worth to be written rather na ceglanym murze or on some other surface more solid than a cloud!

Guttabuck Alley Brewing! "Guttabuck" was the password to a secret club/fort that our group of friends had in our early teens. There were many kids in the neighborhood I grew up in, and if we were around non-clubmembers, we would pretend we were borrowing and going to get a buck, a dollar. Instead we would then meet at the Guttabuck. Some of my friends from those times still come over for a homebrew from time to time.

It’s all about dogs, past and current. We’ve cared for 6 corgis, 2 Aussies, lots of boxers (wiggle bodies) and various other dogs. Dogs are always welcome in the workshop/brewery.
Brewery dog biscuits and rawhide sticks are available.
cheers!

Attachments

• IMG_0644.png
    IMG_0644.png
    3.8 MB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Mac’s Brew. The name is a long story and has nothing to do with my real name. It’s an alias I went by for several years and now it’s just something I have fun with.

The logo is a caricature of a Boxer named Francis (RIP), created by my nephew who is an artist.

My home brewery slogan: “Mac’s Brew. I’ve upped my standards . . . UP YOURS!”

My homebrewing attitude: “Anything worth doing is worth over-doing.”

Sláinte!

Attachments

• francis1_nobkgrd_SMALL.png
    francis1_nobkgrd_SMALL.png
    7.9 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_3772.JPG
    IMG_3772.JPG
    4.6 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_3926.JPG
    IMG_3926.JPG
    3.5 MB · Views: 0
Oak Island Brewery and Tavern.

Named after the island that might have buried treasure. I named my brewery long before the two brothers exploited the island though.
That show by the brothers cracks me up.

Narrator: "A rock? Near the triangle shaped swamp? Could this be a marker? Or maybe it's an important clue that will finally prove the link between the Knights Templar and Oak Island."

That show by the brothers cracks me up.

Narrator: "A rock? Near the triangle shaped swamp? Could this be a marker? Or maybe it's an important clue that will finally prove the link between the Knights Templar and Oak Island."

Yup, if only a rock would solve the mystery. The treasure was found many seasons ago by keeping the mystery going year after year.

I watched the first three seasons. I'm not afraid to admit, I was a fan as I like mysteries like that. Now, not so much. I haven't watched it in years and they probably haven't found anything as it would be big news if they did I'd imagine.

Back