What happened to The Great HBT Stogie Thread

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Had a buddy call me and say he needed some cheep ol' "camp/hunting" cigars for he and some friends.
I loaded em up with a few yard gars.

Cheers
Jay

Frankcigars.jpg

An OR El G. They hold up to age well. The retro wasn't as fruity as when they were fresh so I won't be aging any on purpose

I had one of last night. I only have one left [emoji45]

I was going to mention before that my local B&M has all varieties. Got an email from cigar hustler just now that they have them in stock.

Went down the moutian today to the little fabrica to pick up some smokes. They are not a retail shop, but will sell what they have available. They had just shipped out a big order and didnt have much left, just a few seconds, but they are quite tasty...sort of like Panamanian Papas Fritas.

And, Sam Adams has been showing up on the shelves here...nice EOD combo.

View attachment 1506980974072.jpg

Just got home from a successful cow elk muzzleloader hunt. Have to decide what to smoke tomorrow to celebrate

Went down the moutian today to the little fabrica to pick up some smokes. They are not a retail shop, but will sell what they have available. They had just shipped out a big order and didnt have much left, just a few seconds, but they are quite tasty...sort of like Panamanian Papas Fritas.

And, Sam Adams has been showing up on the shelves here...nice EOD combo.

SWEET! Love the pict! Ya know I actually really like that beer! Shhhh (don't tell anyone) LOL

Cheers
Jay

Homeroll, digging this one! Going to need to roll more of these tonight. Sweet caramel, spicy red pepper, and some earthy coffee notes. I figure if I switch to a lower priming of wrapper I'll bring it down from medium-full to solid medium.

View attachment 1507122239275.jpg

SWEET! Love the pict! Ya know I actually really like that beer! Shhhh (don't tell anyone) LOL

Cheers
Jay

I like Sam Adams too. I used to work in Boston a lot.

Their Rebel IPA has been showing up on the shelves here too. Unlike many American IPAs, its well balanced.

Yahoo! A local shop has started carrying Rana Dorada and Casa Bruja brews. Both good Panamanian craft brews not available in local (to Volcán) retail shops before.

Having a Pils and a local stogie...and fook its damn chilly outside...rainy cold day.

View attachment 1507238937966.jpg

I like Sam Adams too. I used to work in Boston a lot.

Their Rebel IPA has been showing up on the shelves here too. Unlike many American IPAs, its well balanced.
I remember when you could get kegs of unpasteurized/unfiltered SA Boston lager and ale in special local areas. That was really good and a really long time ago :)

Sam Adams helped get me into craft beers and wanting to homebrew, i still enjoy buying the seasonal 12 packs

@BrewinHooligan This made it's way to NW Arkansas. Labeled 9/14/16.

Fuqin excellent. Really good. Paired with an Imperial Stout, it made my evening. Great job.

Slainte!

IMAG2733.jpg

@BrewinHooligan This made it's way to NW Arkansas. Labeled 9/14/16.

Fuqin excellent. Really good. Paired with an Imperial Stout, it made my evening. Great job.

Slainte!

That is too cool! Really glad it treated you well!! I love seeing my sticks make it to unexpected places

Goldie toro last night at the shop. Grabbed it to smoke since it had a crack at the head. It was pretty tasty but I don't feel it deserves the $20 price of admission

You got one?!! Sweet. My elk hunt starts in two weeks. Stoked!

Absolute biggest rush of my life. Got the call from the processor that my meat is ready for pick up. Will head up north to get it Tuesday.

This afternoon I'm wrestling an Anaconda and it is good. Really good. Crazy slow burn, amazing flavors, well worth the price.

View attachment 1507503336565.jpg

Back