What happened to The Great HBT Stogie Thread

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Very nice!

I must say that I hate it when stores don't separate their cigars from the smoking area. Nothing worse than buying smoky cigars.

The lounge is in the back away from the cigars and I have to say the air system up front is pretty damn impressive. I feel the same as you and had some serious concerns but after smoking a few sticks off the shelf as "part of the job" I honestly wasn't able to pick up any issues.

Round one today

View attachment 1504834217410.jpg

The lounge is in the back away from the cigars and I have to say the air system up front is pretty damn impressive. I feel the same as you and had some serious concerns but after smoking a few sticks off the shelf as "part of the job" I honestly wasn't able to pick up any issues.

Round one today

That's excellent, seems like best of both worlds. I remember when I bought my first UF-13 I was stoked... then when I got home home it smelled like a lounge. I was pissed. It actually smoked great. But I didn't want to put in my humidor because of the stink.

Any of you rollers out there have any experience box pressing cigars?

Why I ask is that a little local shop does a custom roll for me, but to my knowledge they dont do any box pressed cigars. My motivation is just to make my custom roll more unique.

Is it really as simple as over packing them in a box and pressing the box?

Any of you rollers out there have any experience box pressing cigars?

Why I ask is that a little local shop does a custom roll for me, but to my knowledge they dont do any box pressed cigars. My motivation is just to make my custom roll more unique.

Is it really as simple as over packing them in a box and pressing the box?

Lol yup. Works better if they are fresh and wet

I will add that it also is best if the sticks are bunched a little loose as well since they are going to be compressed in the box pressing and can cause draw issues if they are rolled tight to start with

Ditto on both posts. I like the look of the box press but seldom purchase based on my experiences with draw and burn issues.

Funny, I generally dislike the box press look. Not enough to pass up a good cigar based on it, but as a personal preference, I like 'em round.

Thanks guys.

I have a positive association with box pressed...I think because my experience is with very good high end box pressed cigars.

Just verify the age on the box before you mouth anything.
th

Back