What happened to The Great HBT Stogie Thread

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It was a good start. The Michael is surprisingly good rott and most Tat releases come out way young. These don't need any extra age and are one of the sweetest/mildest Tats I can remember having.

Good to hear. Mine arrived today. May partake after a short rest.

Attachments

• IMG_2421.JPG
    436.9 KB · Views: 34
I just spent the last two days at work reading all of this thread. I'm up to date. I have a question. What does rott and cc stand for?

I don't think I am ready to smoke what y'all smoke. That punch was real harsh and it made me nauseous

I don't think I am ready to smoke what y'all smoke. That punch was real harsh and it made me nauseous

Let cigars rest to reduce harshness. Take your time smoking them. Build your tolerance. Keep sugar or sweets on hand for days when you don’t feel so good.

Let cigars rest to reduce harshness. Take your time smoking them. Build your tolerance. Keep sugar or sweets on hand for days when you don’t feel so good.

Listen to Kier, he knows his stuff and won't steer you wrong. Smaller sticks while you are building your tolerance aren't a bad thing if you can pace yourself. Smoking too fast can cause harshness. Non Cuban Punch isn't going to be the smoothest stick to smoke either. As a general rule of thumb, I avoid the non Cuban versions of Cuban brands, I.e. Punch, Montecristo, Cohiba, Partagas, Romeo y Julieta, etc.

Also could be smoking too fast and getting the cigar too hot. Or taking in draws that are too fast, especially for thinner ring gauge cigars

6 midgets is right, for cuban punch, fast draws and getting the cigar too hot will cause harshness. Or taking in draws that are too fast, especially for thinner ring gauge cigars will cause harshness. Not an issue of aging

For NC punch, well that's just probably the tobacco, lol.

6 midgets is right, for cuban punch, fast draws and getting the cigar too hot will cause harshness. Or taking in draws that are too fast, especially for thinner ring gauge cigars. Not an issue of aging

For NC punch, well that's just probably the tobacco, lol.

My buddy sends me a text a few days ago. Says he is going hunting in Montana for 5 days. Says he needs camp cigars. Says he will pay me in BIG game steaks.... :)

Whatcha' think?

Cheers
Jay

CigarsforFrank.jpg

My buddy sends me a text a few days ago. Says he is going hunting in Montana for 5 days. Says he needs camp cigars. Says he will pay me in BIG game steaks.... :)

Whatcha' think?

Cheers
Jay

Looks like you will come out ahead! Montana wild game is tough to beat ;)

@brewinhooligan what kind of cutter is that you use to make that pac-man cut?
I use the Colibri deep V cutter. I'm a big fan and it will help loosen a tight draw if the tightness is in the head, especially on torpedoes. You have to be careful because it will make a very deep cut if you are not paying attention. Xikar just came out with a deep V cutter that costs just a little more but it looks nicer, is a sturdier build, and doesn't cut quite as deep.

Whatcha' think?

Cheers

Jay

I thought he was going hunting? Are the guides going to bring the game to him?

Hey 6midgets,
I have to be careful what I smoke to avoid being overwhelmed, and usually end up with one of the Connecticut wrapped cigars. Unfortunately, too many of them taste strange to me. I have found a few that I really like, though, such as Undercrown Shade, Montecristo White Series, and Cabaiguan Natural. Runners-up include Camacho Conn. and Rocky Patel American Market (a Famous Smoke exclusive).

When I get the urge for a little more flavor, I move up to something like the Arturo Fuente Hemingway Short Story, Cabaiguan Maduro, Oliva G Series, or the Sancho Panza, as featured in Staestc's last post.

Back