What did I cook this weekend.....

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Boneless loin of pork getting stuffed with some goodness.

image.jpeg

Quick Texas caviar last night. And a bit of guac.

And I cooked a chicken carcass for stock and made Rice soup.

But the soup wasn't done in time, so it was just Texas Caviar, and some cheese and crackers our visitor brought, for dinner.

I think I finally found something that sous vide might do better than traditional methods.

Risotto, made with shrimp stock from the shells, wild gulf shrimp (I won't buy farmed shrimp again), and sauted French beans.

View attachment ImageUploadedByHome Brew1489882824.744068.jpg

Shrimp were done for about 40 mins at 135 with salt, pepper, baking soda, a pinch of red pepper flakes and olive oil.

Had corned beef and cabbage at a pub at lunchtime, then made beer batter fish n chips at home with hand cut fries and coleslaw. No pictures, it looked so good we just ate when it was ready.

I think I finally found something that sous vide might do better than traditional methods.

Risotto, made with shrimp stock from the shells, wild gulf shrimp (I won't buy farmed shrimp again), and sauted French beans.

View attachment 393252

Shrimp were done for about 40 mins at 135 with salt, pepper, baking soda, a pinch of red pepper flakes and olive oil.

Agreed, wild gulf shrimp are the only way to go. Bought farmed shrimp once. Have a freezer full of gulf shrimp again now.

Looks great!

Back