What came in the mail for you today?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Briefly changing this thread to What DIDN'T Come in the Mail for You Today - ordered some stuff from Morebeer on the 30th, Fedex originally had it set for delivery on the 3rd, and as of today (11th) it's still in a sealed container at the sorting facility in Auburn (about 10 miles from my house). I called on Saturday to rant, spoke to a very nice lady in India, who started a trace and said someone would call back within 24-48 hours; got that call on Sunday from another very nice lady who apologized all over herself but pretty much said because of the snow last week, everything was delayed. Today I'm gonna call a friend at Fedex who is on the freight-forwarding side of things to see if she can push things along a bit. Doubt it, but it's worth a shot. Waiting on the heat shields for the brewvisions & new hop spider; I *could* brew without them, but I want to wait. Besides, I know for a fact if I start a brewday on Saturday without them, they will show up about an hour after I'm finished.

What didn't come in the mail for me is some sparkalloid. I have 3-4 meads I want to get bottled and out of their carboys, ordered sparkalloid a week ago off amazon and it's delayed now.

20220112_122931.jpg

I finally picked up a proper medal display from Amazon

Gotta say, there's something to be said for networking. In my former job I dealt with a lot of freight forwarders, one of them being a rather large company whose name rhymes with dead-ecks. Have a good friend there that I always loved talking to, one of those work friends who you never meet face-to-face but you talk to almost every day about more than work stuff. So I called this gal today, even working from home recovering from the covid she jumped into the fray, made one phone call, and my package was on the truck within 30 minutes, and is here now. Hop spider, heat shields for the brewvisions, new s-type airlocks, and a carrier for the fermonsters; all in great shape, do exactly what I need them to do, and I'm finally happy.

Gotta say, there's something to be said for networking. In my former job I dealt with a lot of freight forwarders, one of them being a rather large company whose name rhymes with dead-ecks. Have a good friend there that I always loved talking to, one of those work friends who you never meet face-to-face but you talk to almost every day about more than work stuff. So I called this gal today, even working from home recovering from the covid she jumped into the fray, made one phone call, and my package was on the truck within 30 minutes, and is here now. Hop spider, heat shields for the brewvisions, new s-type airlocks, and a carrier for the fermonsters; all in great shape, do exactly what I need them to do, and I'm finally happy.
I shoulda called you when my new guitar was stuck in that same Auburn distribution center for several days (they finally delivered.)

Brew on :mug:

My wife helped me clean and sanitize the kegerater this morning. I know! I'm a lucky man! We've been friends since we were both twelve. I love being married to my best friend.

She just came back from checking the P.O Box and brought me the seeds from San Diego I've been waiting two months for.:ban:

2.5 Gallon Slim Torpedo Keg came in to go with my 2.5 gallon induction/sous vide system. I know you don't have to use smaller kegs for the smaller batches but I've been wanting to do that so I can use my other kegs for my buddies keezer and free them up for my lagering fridge.

2.5 Gallon Slim Torpedo Keg came in to go with my 2.5 gallon induction/sous vide system. I know you don't have to use smaller kegs for the smaller batches but I've been wanting to do that so I can use my other kegs for my buddies keezer and free them up for my lagering fridge.

I'm putting together a smaller stovetop system to run 2 gallon batches and I want to get a couple of these. It'll be my go-to keg to bring beer to parties as well, along with a serving attachment that takes the little CO2 cartridges.

I'm putting together a smaller stovetop system to run 2 gallon batches and I want to get a couple of these. It'll be my go-to keg to bring beer to parties as well, along with a serving attachment that takes the little CO2 cartridges.

I'll be building a small cooler/rolling keezer for parties as well. I've had really bad luck with the attachments for CO2 cartridges though so I'm planning on a 2lb bottle to keep in there with a split regulator for 2 kegs.

This has been my favorite setup I've ever seen if you don't already follow eastmillcreekbrewing on IG you def should haha

Yesterday was like Christmas; got my Komos three tap kegerator, Monster Mill MM3, and a scale with enough capacity to weigh grains. I'm gearing up to do some all grain brewing. Also bought but not received yet a Brew Hardware eBIAB recirculating system with Blickmann Brew Commander. And my electrician called yesterday to verify we are on the same page with the type of plug I need for my 240v 30 amp circuit.
Happy brewer here. I'll be doing my first closed transfer to keg either today or tomorrow.
John
IMG_2378.JPG
IMG_2379.JPG

79FDA1DB-699D-43F0-92E6-E99247CBCEEA.jpeg

This rolling cart showed up in the mail shortly after this morning’s run off of a US stout. For twenty years I have used four cardboard boxes of 22oz bottles as my mash tun stand. What can I say? I’m cheap. Really, really cheap. Those boxes worked!

While I haven’t had the chance to brew with it yet, I will tomorrow and I’m already over the moon regarding this thing’s potential.

Got a handful of triclamp doo-dads to add some additional functionality to my Spike conical. One thing I'm interested in in particular are some TC gaskets that are made of silicone that evidently help with turning a racking arm.
Must be a different silicone than mine, turning the racking arm is both scary and difficult given how loose I have to make the clamp.

My "short and Stocky" immersion chiller. A very nice piece of craftmanship.
https://cussbrewing.com/collections/frontpage/products/short-and-stockyAnd checking my email my eBIAB recirculating system from Brew Hardware just shipped. Will really make my day if my electrician calls to tell me he's coming over to run my 240v circuit to the garage/brew space :)
IMG_2460.JPG

Last edited:
Got some of the new Kegland ball lock disconnects for my three tap kegerator I've been putting together along with a Nukatap counter pressure bottle filler to dedicate to the wild/sour beers that will be on tap in the three tap kegerator. I've already got the Tapcooler filler and it looks like it should function very similarly.

Got some of the new Kegland ball lock disconnects for my three tap kegerator I've been putting together along with a Nukatap counter pressure bottle filler to dedicate to the wild/sour beers that will be on tap in the three tap kegerator. I've already got the Tapcooler filler and it looks like it should function very similarly.
Ha. Same. Duotight ball lock disconnects for kegerator and nukatap counter pressure filler. Arrived today. =c)

Brewing my first grodziskie in the spring (local brewer has oak smoked malt he can't use, so getting that for free), so got the perfect (I hope) yeast to brew it with. Waited as long as I could and snagged the 2nd to last pack of it. Most I ever spent on yeast though, lol.
20220122_102236.jpg

Brewing my first grodziskie in the spring (local brewer has oak smoked malt he can't use, so getting that for free), so got the perfect (I hope) yeast to brew it with. Waited as long as I could and snagged the 2nd to last pack of it. Most I ever spent on yeast though, lol.
View attachment 756568
I’d be interested is hearing how this works out for you. Did you get Polish hops?

Today UPS delivered my Brew Hardware premium recirculating 15 gal eBIAB system w/ Blickmann Brew commander controller. I can't wait to brew with it. But I still don't have my 240v circuit installed in my garage/brew space. Electrician has some crew out with covid probably next week. So today I'll be assembling and ogling the shiny bits.
IMG_2468.JPG
IMG_2469.JPG
IMG_2470.JPG

I couldn't wait to assemble everything, so now I have a new system with no 240v 30 amp circuit to plug it into. By next week I'll decide what to brew and have the ingredients to give it a try. I'm sure there will be a learning curve. I opted for the wall mount for the Brew Commander as you can see there's not a lot of space. Also opted for the welded 1 1/2" TC port for the steam slayer but didn't buy that yet. I'll see how it works out with the window and a fan. I'll move the vice. :)
IMG_2471 2.JPG
IMG_2472 2.JPG

Back