What came in the mail for you today?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah I saw it in the store and told my wife I wanted it. I spent a year in England 11 years ago and drank tons of these beers and Fullers ESB

From those 've actually only had the Fullers ESB.
I lived in England for 4 years (1 London 3 Yorkshire) in my early 20s and mostly only drunk Stella.
Shame on me :confused::rolleyes:
I did by default have a lot of Fullers London Pride though as it was the main tap beer in the pub around the corner from the university where I was working. :D

I've actually only had the Fullers.
I lived in England for 4 years in my early 20s and mostly only drunk Stella.
Shame on me :confused::rolleyes:
You for sure missed out on alot of great British beers. Fullers was my go to beer there, Sam Smith, Speckled Hen , Theakstons old ale and quite a few local beers in and around Gloucester/Gloucestershire

My missing in action Mark II keg washer and sanitizer from Northern Brewer!!!! Thank you Big Red, Jolly Fat Dude, Clausmeister, Nickky C ! And my wife !!! Woo Hoo !!!!
20211228_171738.jpg

My missing in action Mark II keg washer and sanitizer from Northern Brewer!!!! Thank you Big Red, Jolly Fat Dude, Clausmeister, Nickky C ! And my wife !!! Woo Hoo !!!!View attachment 753713

I have that kegwasher to clean my carboys and kegs. It kicks ass.

Bought myself a Fermzilla 27L for Chrismas. Assembled it and played around with pressure test. Also got 1 lb DME for yeast starter, bottle caps and some 8mm tubing.
I bought a Fermentasauraus from Craigslist, when I started researching it found the Fermzilla is much improved, Morebeer had it on sale so I bought it. Soon as my Russian Imperial stout is out of the Fermentasaurus I'll put it on Craigslist.
John

I was delighted to find my order from Northern Brewer was short 2 items.
Even more enjoyable was trying to get in contact with them.
I know from experience that they crew is very helpful once you do get to them. But they company seems to want to hide them behind a ridiculous text-messaging system and email.
This will definitely induce me to focus more on other vendors.
Frustrating! I was planning to brew this weekend.

I was delighted to find my order from Northern Brewer was short 2 items.
Even more enjoyable was trying to get in contact with them.
I know from experience that they crew is very helpful once you do get to them. But they company seems to want to hide them behind a ridiculous text-messaging system and email.
This will definitely induce me to focus more on other vendors.
Frustrating! I was planning to brew this weekend.
I hear you. Not on top of their game lately. I hate to say it cause I've been very happy with them for years. My #1 online brew vendor. But telling my wife my Mark II keg washer would be here by Christmas and then not getting it till 2 days ago really takes them down a notch.

Well I stand by my original statement regarding their (NB) crew.
I received a text back this morning @0930 saying they were shipping the missing items.
They asked no questions. Now there's no guarantee that they won't ship via ox-cart... ;)

I wish it wasn't necessary but they stood tall for me when there was a problem.

New brewvision with the long probe arrived today, three days early thank you Amazon! Heat shield won't be here until Fedex gets it here sometime next week; current tracking says Sunday, but I've not had good luck with them lately, not that I don't understand why. Longer probe goes on the BK, which is now the BIAB kettle for when I want to do that, which is a LOT. So easy. If by some miracle I do get the heat shields on Sunday I'm gonna do a brew.

New co2 manifold and duotights arrived from brewhardware; husband is bowling tomorrow night, so I'll get that done then. One of the kegs decided to start leaking from the post (I think) so I'll make it a cleaning night too. Tonight is for making some delicious chicken scallopini and reading, whilst enjoying aforesaid IPA.

Not that I need *another* hobby, but coffee roasting….?
Yeah I’ve been roasting coffee for a few years now and love it. My wife loves it too (well the fruits of my labor) but says I’ve ruined coffee for her b/c nothing comes close to it when we are out. Unless we go to a local coffee shop/roaster. Feel free to ping me with any questions or post them in the coffee thread on this site. You can’t miss the long thread on the sub forum.

I received ingredients for my next three brews: and Irish dry stout, a Belgian pale ale, and a Kolsch.

I love this post. It reminds me of me. I have close to 200 lbs of grain in my garage. I also have maybe 35 lbs of DME there; and $200 dollars worth of hops in the freezer.

So why do I often find myself placing small grain orders? Because I read too many recipes... and they all sound good.
This one calls for this, that one calls for Red-X. OK don't have it, never used it, but I'll be placing a small order shortly.

You know the drill.

I love this post. It reminds me of me. I have close to 200 lbs of grain in my garage. I also have maybe 35 lbs of DME there; and $200 dollars worth of hops in the freezer.

So why do I often find myself placing small grain orders? Because I read too many recipes... and they all sound good.
This one calls for this, that one calls for Red-X. OK don't have it, never used it, but I'll be placing a small order shortly.

You know the drill.
I try to buy for three brews at a time. That usually gets me to the Atlantic Brew Supply flat rate shipping threshold.

a new decoration for my beer fridge!!! from @Jaybird , along with a book on hops, a couple goodies. namely toasted oak chips, and what i thought were going to be light toast oak, turned out to be orange peel.. (no, he didn't get it wrong, these were all freebies)...gotta do a light homemalt orange, toasted oak...call it "Lunar Eclipse" ;) lol

i have noo idea what to do with the bottle wax? i don't bottle? i do have a ~15 year old bottle of brandy aging...could be cool on that....

Thanks Again Jay!

1641511372157.png

Over the past 2 days I got a bunch of stuff for pressure fermentation and the addition of a second keg to my kegerator. Next weekend I will be brewing a NEIPA, pressure fermented and served in/from the Torpedo keg, using magnets to 'tea bag' dry hop.

Torpedo keg - 6 gallon
Torpedo floating dip tube, with filter
Torpedo picnic tap holder (until I get my 2 tap tower installed)
3 sets of ball-lock quick-disconnects
Picnic tap
BlowTie 2 spunding valve
Blow-off container with push connect fitting
0-30psi gauge
10 ft 8mm tubing
T duotight/push-connect fitting for the 0-30 psi gauge (backup for BlowTie psi gauge)
FermCap-S
CO2 tee for adding the Torpedo keg to my kegerator

PXL_20220106_192307008.jpg
PXL_20220108_001046838.jpg

Over the past 2 days I got a bunch of stuff for pressure fermentation and the addition of a second keg to my kegerator. Next weekend I will be brewing a NEIPA, pressure fermented and served in/from the Torpedo keg, using magnets to 'tea bag' dry hop.

Torpedo keg - 6 gallon
Torpedo floating dip tube, with filter
Torpedo picnic tap holder (until I get my 2 tap tower installed)
3 sets of ball-lock quick-disconnects
Picnic tap
BlowTie 2 spunding valve
Blow-off container with push connect fitting
0-30psi gauge
10 ft 8mm tubing
T duotight/push-connect fitting for the 0-30 psi gauge (backup for BlowTie psi gauge)
FermCap-S
CO2 tee for adding the Torpedo keg to my kegerator

View attachment 754899 View attachment 754900
You go boy, it's gonna be fun.

New fermonster joined my family. I just got papa bear (6g), and already had mama bear (3g) and baby bear (1g). Don't really think I’ll ever need to get uncle bear (7g), as I have an all rounder I can use for batches that require that much space and there are a lot of other 7g fermenting options to choose from if I decide I need more that size, but never say never!

a new decoration for my beer fridge!!! from @Jaybird , along with a book on hops, a couple goodies. namely toasted oak chips, and what i thought were going to be light toast oak, turned out to be orange peel.. (no, he didn't get it wrong, these were all freebies)...gotta do a light homemalt orange, toasted oak...call it "Lunar Eclipse" ;) lol

i have noo idea what to do with the bottle wax? i don't bottle? i do have a ~15 year old bottle of brandy aging...could be cool on that....

Thanks Again Jay!

View attachment 754755
Absolutely my pleasure! It was fun putting it together!

Cheers
Jay

Briefly changing this thread to What DIDN'T Come in the Mail for You Today - ordered some stuff from Morebeer on the 30th, Fedex originally had it set for delivery on the 3rd, and as of today (11th) it's still in a sealed container at the sorting facility in Auburn (about 10 miles from my house). I called on Saturday to rant, spoke to a very nice lady in India, who started a trace and said someone would call back within 24-48 hours; got that call on Sunday from another very nice lady who apologized all over herself but pretty much said because of the snow last week, everything was delayed. Today I'm gonna call a friend at Fedex who is on the freight-forwarding side of things to see if she can push things along a bit. Doubt it, but it's worth a shot. Waiting on the heat shields for the brewvisions & new hop spider; I *could* brew without them, but I want to wait. Besides, I know for a fact if I start a brewday on Saturday without them, they will show up about an hour after I'm finished.

Back