What came in the mail for you today?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Maybe your mailman is reading it before you! 🤣😂
Guess I should check for finger prints on the inside !!! Maybe a smear of chocolate, a crumb of cracker, dry wrinkled spot from spilled beer 😬😳. Damn it postal person get your own brew your own! Next I'll be hiding up in a tree across from the mail drop off with my 15x binoculars 👀...👀 👀 PARANOIA DEEP DESTROYER

Two things:
1. Latest issue of Craft Beer & Brewing.
2. And totally unexpected a Northern Brewing Two Keg system, w/ regulator and 10# CO2 bottle.
I posted a picture of my bottles on brew day and mentioned one day I’ll start kegging. Failed to mention my son-in-law bought it. He’s a business owner, is flush with cash and generous.
I hadn’t planned to start kegging for a while. Now I need a fridge in the garage. Can’t afford a Kegerator yet. I won’t tell him that.

Last edited:
Two things:
2. And totally unexpected a Northern Brewing Two Keg system, w/ regulator and 10# CO2 bottle.
I posted a picture of my bottles on brew day and mentioned one day I’ll start kegging.
He’s a business owner, is flush with cash and generous.
I hadn’t planned to start kegging for a while. Now I need a fridge in the garage. Can’t afford a Kegerator yet. I won’t tell him that.
If any rich business owners are listening, I'm too poor to afford a 3-vessel electric HERMS system.

Two things:
I posted a picture of my bottles on brew day and mentioned one day I’ll start kegging. Failed to mention my son-in-law bought it. He’s a business owner, is flush with cash and generous.
Don't tell him...Just casually mention it with enthusiastic sadness !!!

I was looking to buy a larger brew kettle too, probably 15 gal for BIAB, but was waiting until after the holidays to pull the trigger. Thought I'd try a smaller batch in my 8 gal kettle. No designs on kegging this soon. Now I have to buy a fridge before I can even use it. I could return it and get the kettle but it's like looking a gift horse in the mouth. I was going to get to kegging eventually so it's all positive. I could have worse problems. :cool:

Three 30L bucket fermenters, 2 will be my new lautering tun since with my current smaller set up i can't fit all my sparge water in one filling. The other one for fermenting, I got a 36L kettle on it's way also, and will soon order some kegging equipment and kegs.
Sowhen we have packed up all our stuff and got our new house in order and I can brew again, I will have all I need to advance to kegging.

55 lb bag of Weyermann Barke Pilsner Malt. Had it shipped to the office!

AFF039B6-479F-40CF-B927-3B67AE052236.jpeg

I'm like a kid waiting on Santa. Two new Torpedo kegs and some other items are scheduled for delivery today.
Ha Ha,,,, I too, lay in wait. There may be a clash if the timing works out, I am expecting UPS, FedEx and USPS for delivery of packages yet today.:ban: I'm getting a bench capper, couple of beer kits, yeast and a couple of hose cleaning brushes. Not near as cool as Torpedo kegs but WTF, RIGHT?
As the minuets tick by a traffic jam may ensue. It could get interesting. (LOL)
Cheers, :mug:
Joel B.N

, I am expecting UPS, FedEx and USPS for delivery of packages yet today.
Well USPS won the race but he wasn't bringing any brewing gifts. Still waiting for UPS with stuff from Midwest supplies and FedEx with the capper from More Beer.
(insert the sound of finger tapping)
Joel B.

My most recent deliveries?

A 5 gallon fermentation bucket from Northern Brewer
A package of erythritol (used in a blueberry wine to dull the dryness a bit)
Acid Blend, from Northern Mountain
3 two gallon buckets from Home Brew Ohio

Waiting on:

Corks and a corker
More 750 ml bottles
Some 500 ml bottles (did a lot of bottling yesterday and my lack of variety in sizes became readily apparent)
Dried Yarrow
Tannin, from Northern Mountain

My Torpedo kegs arrived! I got a 1.5 and a 2.5 gal and I can't wait to use them. Now I'm gonna rig up an attachment so I can get them filled at breweries and brew Pubs. I also received some new hardware, blichman brewmometers, PH tester, hydrometer jar, ball valves, floating dip tube and some ss fittings. Santa is done with me. Now the wait continues for the arrival of my temperature controller.

Well USPS won the race but he wasn't bringing any brewing gifts. Still waiting for UPS with stuff from Midwest supplies and FedEx with the capper from More Beer.
Update !
UPS came in second (about 6:00 pm.) with FedEx a very close third. (with in 10 min.) Both were close to the ends of there routes but the difference being UPS was only about 4 mi. from his base. The poor FedEx dude was 70 mi. from home. didn't ask if he had a lot stops left.
UPS and FedEx have delivered in the AM some times but with UPS it's the same guy, depending how his route is set up. With FedEx it's different a dude in the AM than if I get stuff in the PM. (?)
Any way, I'm going to love the new capper, it's a "Colt" from More Beer. I really wanted the high dollar one, ($55 vs. $168) but I figured that $$ would be better saved towards a kegging set-up some day.
I know that this isn't really the place for this but More Beer packaging leaves a little to be desired. For those unfamiliar, their kits are packaged with the hops, steeping grains and recipie sheet in a bag together. The DME bags are just tossed in the box. (same for those gawd awful LME pouches) That's not so bad but somehow one of the bags of DME got a hole poked in it. (from the capper I guess but I couldn't see how) Not a big hole, "maybe" only lost an ounce or so but a dusting of DME is still a mess. Oh and yeast, 4 packs willy nilly in the box also.
Midwest packs it's kits each in it's own box and yeast all together in a separate baggie. Some times it's the little shixx, Right?.
Sorry no pic's, nothing very glitzy or shinny, you can look up the capper on MB's site if you want to see what it is. I have taken up enough time & space with my rambling.
Joel B.

My Torpedo kegs arrived! I got a 1.5 and a 2.5 gal and I can't wait to use them. Now I'm gonna rig up an attachment so I can get them filled at breweries and brew Pubs. I also received some new hardware, blichman brewmometers, PH tester, hydrometer jar, ball valves, floating dip tube and some ss fittings. Santa is done with me. Now the wait continues for the arrival of my temperature controller.
I got a 2.5 gal a few months back, added a portable CO2 regulator and picnic tap, so now I can do brews on the move. I took a test cider to share with family for Thanksgiving.

Latest posts

Back