What came in the mail for you today?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
1636591098451.png

just got dropped off hopefully the last fermenter i ever have to buy!

now i just gotta drill another hole! :mug:

edit: and yeah, i brew in the kitchen!!! ;)

Last edited:
What are these?

SOB, i swear everytime i post a link they're cheaper then the last time bought one!!! but here you go, and it's thick stainless, enough to where i can stand on the side of one and it doesn't bend....

https://www.ebay.com/itm/1441893049...rentrq:1720a1c217d0aaf5a0e28851fffea52a|iid:1
great upgrade from HDPE! just cleaned one, what a breeze! i mean i'm not trying to prompote SS fermenters, because if i could still get a 15 gallon HDPE bucket for $20, i'd do it....but i gotta say SS is awesome!

SOB, i swear everytime i post a link they're cheaper then the last time bought one!!! but here you go, and it's thick stainless, enough to where i can stand on the side of one and it doesn't bend....

https://www.ebay.com/itm/1441893049...rentrq:1720a1c217d0aaf5a0e28851fffea52a|iid:1
great upgrade from HDPE! just cleaned one, what a breeze! i mean i'm not trying to prompote SS fermenters, because if i could still get a 15 gallon HDPE bucket for $20, i'd do it....but i gotta say SS is awesome!

Pretty cool. I thought they had a dairy vibe to them...that is a great price.

Pretty cool. I thought they had a dairy vibe to them...that is a great price.

i'm hoping the silicone o-ring lasts forever unlike the foam one in my curtec HDPE buckets i can't get any more...and i got some step bits for the second one for the holes...hoping it'll hold more then the 5 psi then the one i had drilled on the table off center....

but yeah, milk pails are cool fermenters, but kinda spendy.....but easy to clean, tough, and shiny! a lot more then nessesary though which i think is a $5 bucket.....

but if you want to look at your fermenter and think "oh yeah!!", it's the way to go.....

Not in the mail, a neighbor dropped them by: 4 bottles of Schonram beer. I think he wants me to make something German in the future.

I have to say, I don’t like most lagers, but their pils is pretty clean and nicely bittered.

i'd have to google what a lager malt is, so i'll just ask you ;) but that looks like a dark munich to me?

That's just the light throwing you off. It's super pale pretty much the same thing as pilsner. Some old recipes list it. It's got a slightly sweeter finish supposedly.

Edit: here's a description from Simpsons site the Muntons description sucked:
Finest Lager Malt is a superb low colour lager malt. Well modified, high extract UK spring two row barley give high enzymic activity, low colour, low nitrogen, and exceptional Brewhouse performance. It can be used to make any style of lager with its clean, light malty taste.

I got a 1971 Boddington's recipe that has it as part of the grain bill.

Last edited:
thanks for the enlightment....i wish good luck pounding: 5, lol :mug:

as far as what came in the mail for me today, i got some step bits for drilling the holes on my SS milk pails....got my cart loaded on more beer for the ball lock, dip tubes, QDs, spunding valves...going to be $150...i want to wait a week to buy them, the marketers were rushing me, like some how "I" can think slow enough to wait 2 weeks, so i made a donation on all your parts to make-a-wish for the same amount....

in two weeks though, i'll be generating my OWN co2!!!

thanks for the enlightment....i wish good luck pounding: 5, lol :mug:

as far as what came in the mail for me today, i got some step bits for drilling the holes on my SS milk pails....got my cart loaded on more beer for the ball lock, dip tubes, QDs, spunding valves...going to be $150...i want to wait a week to buy them, the marketers were rushing me, like some how "I" can think slow enough to wait 2 weeks, so i made a donation on all your parts to make-a-wish for the same amount....

in two weeks though, i'll be generating my OWN co2!!!
Hell yeah I love step bits!

Pull your man card out throw it on the table and watch that step bit kick ass. They work great drilling through stainless and leave a clean hole.

i hope so, because the hole my boss cut, was like bent crooked, and i doubt it'd work for the ball lock connects i'm planning on installing.....

i hope so, because the hole my boss cut, was like bent crooked, and i doubt it'd work for the ball lock connects i'm planning on installing.....

You should be good the kettle below I drilled out all three of the holes with a step bit with stellar results. I've drilled out two other kettles the same way. Good luck!

PXL_20211115_225437963.jpg

My experience was 50/50 with step bits: the first #6.5 hole I drilled in a SS lid was clean and beautiful and the 2nd is jagged and probably will leak once I put into use. I guess I know which fermenter will be good for extended aging/cold crashing and which one won't....

An illustrated copy of A Christmas Carol. Appropriate it arrived today as we had our 1st significant fall of snow this afternoon. And sipping on a Bells Christmas Scotch ale , View attachment 749023I've been hoarding 3 since last holiday. 🍻
You got those Christmas feels early as I have. I am thinking about buying a folio society edition of that book and I’m currently stocking up on st bernardus Christmas ales, lots of chimay grand reserve, and every other christmas ale I can find.

You got those Christmas feels early as I have. I am thinking about buying a folio society edition of that book and I’m currently stocking up on st bernardus Christmas ales, lots of chimay grand reserve, and every other christmas ale I can find.
My hoard is mostly Christmas ales, I always put some away each holiday with the intent of having them when they are not available. But drinking one is like spending gold! So I always end up with having more and more in the hoard...never can be too careful 😳

Go low RPMs, keep lots of oil on it. If you have a Dremel tool with a small stone, that works well for removing burrs after drilling.

I have a set of TiN step bits from Harbor Fright. Works great.

The one I bought is only black and white illustrations but still nice. I started to fork over some extra coin but thought no, black and white gives it a feel of authenticity from long ago. It was a decent buy on Ama-almighty-Zon for $7 so I'm not complaining. I have a decent electronic version from Google Playbooks but not the same as holding it and turning the page. I don't know why I never bought this book before as it's one of my favorite story's and I'm an avid reader and I have 3 versions of the movie and 3 animated versions.

The one I bought is only black and white illustrations but still nice. I started to fork over some extra coin but thought no, black and white gives it a feel of authenticity from long ago. It was a decent buy on Ama-almighty-Zon for $7 so I'm not complaining. I have a decent electronic version from Google Playbooks but not the same as holding it and turning the page. I don't know why I never bought this book before as it's one of my favorite story's and I'm an avid reader and I have 3 versions of the movie and 3 animated versions.
The George c. Scott one is the best, IMO.

Back