What came in the mail for you today?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
IMG_20211116_162057881.jpg

May not be beer related but it certainly makes beer related equipment...

Cheers
Jay

4 loose handle kegs from Adventures in Homebrewing and 4-pack packaging from Spirited Shipper for this year’s 12 Beers of Christmas.
Last year, one of my packages was treated poorly by the carrier; I am hoping for better this year.
View attachment 749427

damn, you beer swap a 4 pack of kegs? ;) shipping must hard core!

Received something shiny to help me brew less. I'm starting to have a few recipes that pleases me very much so I want to save a lot of time on those and do 10g batches. Went with a 15g Spike+ with tri-clover that I will use as a boil kettle. Ordered an Ezboil boil controller. Now I'm wondering if I can use my mash tun and 10.5g foundry with it's coil/pump as a makeshift Herms.
20211120_123035.jpg
20211120_123052.jpg

I always try to make a point of emailing homebrew competition sponsors to say thanks. I emailed Briess last week, and they sent me a box of swag today. That's not the reason I send those emails, but I will be rocking those pint socks at church tomorrow!

View attachment 749649

Coming up: Briess notices an uptick in fan mail from home brewers. ;)

Some new spigots for the fermenters, and four new quart mason jars for storing yeast. I currently have three; two are full of Nottingham slurry that came out of the American Strong kegged last week, and the third has about 2 cups left of Loki slurry that has made some incredible beers. I only use about 1/2 cup of that per batch and it takes off like no mans business. And not from the mail, but dinner with my mom tonight netted me two ice wrap things for my tooth issues (tooth not getting pulled until 12/7 as it needs the oral surgeon). I look like one of those photos from the 19th century of a kid with a toothache, and a bandage wrapped under his jaw and over his head. But I feel tons better.

Some new spigots for the fermenters, and four new quart mason jars for storing yeast. I currently have three; two are full of Nottingham slurry that came out of the American Strong kegged last week, and the third has about 2 cups left of Loki slurry that has made some incredible beers. I only use about 1/2 cup of that per batch and it takes off like no mans business. And not from the mail, but dinner with my mom tonight netted me two ice wrap things for my tooth issues (tooth not getting pulled until 12/7 as it needs the oral surgeon). I look like one of those photos from the 19th century of a kid with a toothache, and a bandage wrapped under his jaw and over his head. But I feel tons better.
If you can take the taste, try clove oil or even chewing a clove with that sore tooth to reduce the pain. Helps a lot even with teeth needing root canals.

If you can take the taste, try clove oil or even chewing a clove with that sore tooth to reduce the pain. Helps a lot even with teeth needing root canals.
Been there done that; unfortunately the pain from this one is down close to the jawbone where clove oil can't get to it. The tooth itself is dead, the pain is coming from the abscess underneath it (which I'm on antibiotics for, fortunately NOT the one where I can't drink beer). The dentist could have extracted it, but it's going to need a bone graft so I can get an implant later, therefore the oral surgeon has to do it. I do brush & floss regularly, and see the dentist when I'm supposed to; but I inherited bad teeth from both parents.

CO2PO Dual Regulator came earlier in the week from Northern Brewer. Excited to get it hooked up! I hope everybody had a Happy Thanksgiving.

View attachment 750503

View attachment 750504
I have one of those. Hooked it up last year, within 6 months the meter paper started coming loose inside the glass, the more/less turn knob pretty much stopped working at 10 months. Pretty much the only equipment I've gotten from Northern Brewer I'm not happy with. I thought it would last at least 5 years. Hope yours last longer than mine.

I have one of those. Hooked it up last year, within 6 months the meter paper started coming loose inside the glass, the more/less turn knob pretty much stopped working at 10 months. Pretty much the only equipment I've gotten from Northern Brewer I'm not happy with. I thought it would last at least 5 years. Hope yours last longer than mine.

Dang, I hope mine lasts I'll keep my single as a backup.

Got this yesterday from Amazon. Basically a quick-reference guide to 100 or so hop varieties. A lot of the info can be found various places online, but it's nice to have it all in one place, and for $10, that makes it worth it to me.

Could use updating, as last revision was 2014. Shouldn't be hard to update, since it's a print-on-demand book.
HopVariety.jpg

Mine is a single. I'm surprised it lasted only one year I rave about Northern Brewer all the time. Been nothing but pleased with them for years. I guess they can't personally check every piece of equipment, I just was unlucky and got one not put together well. Still , now I gotta buy a new one soon.

Another thing that went sideways on it, the emergency vent release. Gets stuck and if it doesn't sit back in there just right, good bye co2 from slow leaks. Bled me dry twice last month twice before I went over everything for a 3rd time and figured it out. 3 co2 fills in 3 weeks!!! I may go with a taprite or kegland regulator my next buy. Hard to get over the co2 nightmares my Northern Brewer CO2PO gave me 😬😯

Another thing that went sideways on it, the emergency vent release. Gets stuck and if it doesn't sit back in there just right, good bye co2 from slow leaks. Bled me dry twice last month twice before I went over everything for a 3rd time and figured it out. 3 co2 fills in 3 weeks!!! I may go with a taprite or kegland regulator my next buy. Hard to get over the co2 nightmares my Northern Brewer CO2PO gave me 😬😯

That really sucks; I'll be sure to have the Starsan spray bottle on hand when I get it hooked up. I'm hoping your experience isn't the norm for this regulator. Fingers crossed! Sorry to hear about your regulator issues.

I've gotten this purely because I wanted an easy non complicated hookup to carbonate and dispense at different pressures without having to put a bunch of parts together.

I've been rockin this single for a while it's been solid and I can dial the pressure in pretty well. No leaks either! I got this from Northern Brewer also.

8015-cornelius-dual-gauge-regulator_1_x700.jpg

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back