What are you listening to (music!!!) right now? Embarrassing or not... share

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sitting on the back patio watching the sun slowly set, sipping a beer, munching on a grilled sausage sandwich and streaming music off my server. This one just came up. It takes me back....

Diamonds - Rihanna

Thanks to the "hey Google play music" command, I have heard this song often the last week or so.

Was disappointed to find the artist's name was Rihanna. It should have been Lucy.

♫ Shining bright like a diamond
We're beautiful like diamonds in the sky ♫

Cheers

Last edited:
"Dirty Laundry" by Don Henley.

We saw Don Henley in concert pre-covid. He was still kicking a*s!

"We got the bubble-headed bleached-blonde, comes on at five
She can tell you 'bout the plane crash with a gleam in her eye
It's interesting when people die
Give us dirty laundry"
Joe Walsh:

"I've got the All-Night laundromat blues,
Washing everything I own except my shoes."

"Ring around the collar and the clothes' still wet,
A dollar worth of quarters and they ain't clean yet."

"If you wear clothes you gotta' pay your. dues,
Singin' the All-Night Laundromat Blues."

Ok going to be real embarrassing with songs that ring through my head and into our family lore. I Always bring up a line from a song back from the mid 70’s with my son and daughter when it is time to get something done. Son has graduated from college now, but my daughter is 16 and a typical 2000’s teen. This song was waaaayyyyy before their times. But they have heard me say it so many times in the context of getting **** done they just roll their eyes now.
So tonight conversation came up at dinner about getting back into school work for my daughter and her junior year of high school. I had to ask Alexa to play “Convoy”. The line I use all the time for those that remember the song…. “Pigpen this here is the Rubber Duck, I am about to put the hammer down”. I always substitute “It’s” instead of “I am” to say to them time to buckle down. Not sure who is more embarrassed, me for continuing to quote that song, or them who have to continue hearing me do so???
Wait….. I am 57 years old, raising two great kids, one now out on his own after college and the other finding her way in the world. Thinking of all that I have been through, then thinking of all I have been through raising kids, not much can embarrass me now…even asking Alexa to play CW McCall‘s Convoy, or ABBA or Harry Chapin or Terry Jacks or Carl Douglas or Clancy Brothers……sorry could go on forever hahahaha. Of course they left the table as soon as the song started playing, but funny thing, they did not go out of distance to listen to the song again as it played…….

Archspire is dropping tracks from their upcoming release on Youtube. I've been listening to Bleed the Future over and over again. Great technical death metal.

Latest posts

Back