What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
IMG_0004.JPG

Haven’t come across this in a long time. Glad to find it on my last trip to Indiana.

Check off my 99 bottles, one at a time.
what did you think of the dragon's milk, specifically, the amount of whiskey flavor? I like it a lot but think some might say it's a little much.
I liked it enough to try and clone it.
Thanks.

View attachment 589466 Starting day off with water. Got 6lb jerky in the dehydrater.
I haven't had one since I was a "kid." I was just telling me wife today that I need to try BMC just to re-evaluate what I "think" I know. She scoffed, and said, "Do you think I'm going to try a Hershey's chocolate bar? Nooo!" You need to know that she's quite knowledgeable about chocolate to appreciate her statement.
In any case, I'm still tempted to revisit them (maybe not Coor's light).
My brother does a fair jerky using his egg, I believe.
Happy cooking.

Belgian Tripel, HB, five weeks in the bottle. It's my shiny superstar, the beer I find suits me the best, so much so that I'm about to brew it for the third time in five months.
***It is considerably lighter in color than in the photo.
HOWEVER, I need to quit calling it a "Westmalle Trappist Ale clone" because it's simply NOT. The only thing they have in common is the ABV.
This one is more in line with La Fin Du Monde or Final Absolution. Both of those are pretty special to me.
Here's my weekly pic--Lions with a field goal, as time runs out, to win by one over the Patriots.
Edit: So I drank it. The head is almost to the pillowy stage. There was lacing (and still is on the empty glass).
What's the big deal about lacing, anyway? I think it's nice but not aware of why it gets mentioned so much on ratebeer.com.
I'll be ready for "Drunkin' Ramblings" pretty soon!

Attachments

• triple 9.23.18.jpg
    triple 9.23.18.jpg
    602.8 KB · Views: 40
Last edited:
I think I have another answer for posting in "You know you're a home brewer when...."
...you're fascinated by and enjoy a still shot of a person holding a can or bottle. It doesn't sound fun--but it is!

Back