What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Late reply, but I am in a camper 45 minutes from Sideways and don't live too much further away. Always up for a story.

It's 80⁰+ here in the mountains but it's still stout season. Cheers y'all!

View attachment 825257
It’s always stout season for me no matter the temp

After 5 days in the Big Bear Mountains with our campus ministry and student leadership teams from the high school (I cooked for them this time around), I was ready to be served.

A brown ale made by Dan at South Bay Brewing Supplies (who brews for Red Car) and an IPA.

Life is good.
12D95892-D77B-4978-8E61-430EB1249158.jpeg

Just got 4" of rain in an hour with another wave coming around midnight. May be a good night to stay in and make sure the chainsaw is working.

Someone say stout season? Mott The Lesser RIS. A new brewery opened up in my town is having a Christmas in July tomorrow. Wrap up a beer and put it in the fridge to grab another gift someone left. Might throw one of these in there
PXL_20230722_003305156.MP.jpg

Last edited:
Just got 4" of rain in an hour with another wave coming around midnight. May be a good night to stay in and make sure the chainsaw is working.

Someone say stout season? Mott The Lesser RIS. A new brewery opened up on my town is having a Christmas in July tomorrow. Wrap up a beer and put it in the fridge to grab another gift someone left. Might throw one of these in thereView attachment 825268
My Christmas in July stocking is empty … I’ll fill yours with a VonLola in trade

Late reply, but I am in a camper 45 minutes from Sideways and don't live too much further away. Always up for a story.

View attachment 825257
Only days of the year that are stout season end in the letter y ;) . I love stouts.

My Christmas in July stocking is empty … I’ll fill yours with a VonLola in trade
I forgot to reply to your other post. Nowadays there are ways of getting 'Santa' to deliver. I'm probably going to be up in Maine at least once in the next couple of months and Dinner is a lot easier to get. This Mott is really good and I won a raffle at their last release. Ping me if you want

OT: chainsaw oil

Treehouse Space between. Truths
PXL_20230722_011626082.MP.jpg
PXL_20230722_011641042.MP.jpg

Last edited:

View attachment 825257
So a couple I work with have been home brewers for 30yrs. Their daughter is moving to North Carolina. They are looking at selling here in Austin and buying that property as they're both retiring soon. Apparently in NC, you can have a residence and sell from a brewery on your property. They had pics of the husband doing a brew with them. Looks to be Farmhouse/Barrel age styles and bottle age with honey from bees on the property. Just curious on how their beer is. Thanks for commenting!

Tomorrow is Friday. Rough week...

PXL_20230722_011341815~2.jpg
PXL_20230722_011351281~2.jpg
PXL_20230722_012452280.jpg

Back