What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Not my picture
1D13A812-36EB-47BA-B780-F923B40A4BE5.jpeg

I just finished a Schneider Weisse Aventinus. As I was consuming it, it just raised some questions about truly being an Eisbock per BJCP guidelines. Being a Weizenbock/Doppelbock blend along with the clove/banana/etc coming from the ale yeast, it seems more like fitting into the BJCP category 34B 'Mixed-style beer'. I'd appreciate everyone's thoughts.

(l - r) NB Scottish ale kit hydro sample (not bad, a little caramel and butterscotch), Alabrew Alaskan Smoked Porter clone hydro sample (pretty tasty, malty, chocolate), Smoked Porter bottling leftover. I added some salt to the bottling bucket because my son, whose palate is much better than mine, said (when he tried it a while back) that it would taste like bacon if it had some salt. Bacon beer?🤔 We'll see.
IMG_20230211_173618.jpg

Drinking my first ever home brew and dang am I excited. Was a two hearted like recipe and it’s pretty close imo. Good to have the first one down. Second brew day is tomorrow. I’m sure it will be much better since I can actually relax don’t worry and have a home brew this time around.

Attachments

• FFA781FF-EE6F-404F-949A-CF6DACCBFD30.jpeg
    FFA781FF-EE6F-404F-949A-CF6DACCBFD30.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 0
Drinking my first ever home brew and dang am I excited. Was a two hearted like recipe and it’s pretty close imo. Good to have the first one down. Second brew day is tomorrow. I’m sure it will be much better since I can actually relax don’t worry and have a home brew this time around.
Welcome to the hobby. The first brew is always an exciting moment. What’s your next brew?

Back