What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My all New Mexico Super Bowl lineup.
The Ex Novo Pilsner is fantastic, I highly recommend it. I was Happy to find the Happy Camper in the fridge, unfortunately it was old and fairly nasty. And the Bosque was a disappointment, especially after the Ex Novo.
20230212_212718.jpg

Yellow Rose is a good one.... I'm really partial to The Jabberwocky though.
I'll give it another go. Been years since I tried it.

So, brewed up this Mead then 2 days later the ice storm hit and out of power for 5days. Ended up pitching Lallemand East Cost Yeast..see what happens. 🤨

PXL_20230213_045408761~2.jpg

Look what showed up at a big box liquor store! They also have a $68/500ml bottle of their Imperial Stout but decided against. Ha! The beer guy said it's a trial run with Anchorage and they'll get more/fresher stuff if this sells. I'm all in! Even this 2.5month IPA is solid. Goes great with keto tacos and Ghost Pepper hot sauce. Those who love hot sauce I'd suggest this.
PXL_20230214_004229415.MP.jpg

PXL_20230214_004008095.jpg

Look what showed up at a big box liquor store! They also have a $68/500ml bottle of their Imperial Stout but decided against. Ha! The beer guy said it's a trial run with Anchorage and they'll get more/fresher stuff if this sells. I'm all in! Even this 2.5month IPA is solid. Goes great with keto tacos and Ghost Pepper hot sauce. Those who love hot sauce I'd suggest this.View attachment 812587

View attachment 812586
Coincidence that I just saw your glass. I stopped and got a couple sixes of their beers today.
This is a good beer with interesting ingredients. Label says it’s a Märzen style amber lager brewed with locally grown sugar beets. I don’t know if they’re using the whole beet or the sugar produced from them. This beer is brewed in Scottsbluff, NE. They have a large Western Sugar Factory there. Yearly, the sugar beet harvest, beet haul and extraction process is called the “campaign”… thus the name of this beer.
DE489EC5-6777-49F5-B391-8901D6722EED.jpeg

Coincidence that I just saw your glass. I stopped and got a couple sixes of their beers today.
This is a good beer with interesting ingredients. Label says it’s a Märzen style amber lager brewed with locally grown sugar beets. I don’t know if they’re using the whole beet or the sugar produced from them. This beer is brewed in Scottsbluff, NE. They have a large Western Sugar Factory there. Yearly, the sugar beet harvest, beet haul and extraction process is called the “campaign”… thus the name of this beer.
View attachment 812592
I always give a silent Cheers for your gift when I use this glass. I contacted White Elm out of Lincoln, about a glass since they didn't sell them online. I have no reason to visit anymore... but if you ever end up there, I'll pay handsomely for some goodies!

Valentine's..check. Repairing the dog door our little pitty busted threw...check. Time for an adult'ish beverage. Trying something new. Lemon Cream Pie

PXL_20230215_010937336.PORTRAIT~2.jpg

I always give a silent Cheers for your gift when I use this glass. I contacted White Elm out of Lincoln, about a glass since they didn't sell them online. I have no reason to visit anymore... but if you ever end up there, I'll pay handsomely for some goodies!

Valentine's..check. Repairing the dog door our little pitty busted threw...check. Time for an adult'ish beverage. Trying something new. Lemon Cream Pie

View attachment 812666
I have a cousin who lives in Lincoln… let me see what I can do.

A blend of my Imperial Red and Barleywine, at about a 3:1 ratio.

On its own, the imperial red is too heavy and not as drinkable. Too toasty and not as drinkable as I’d like. For some crazy reason, blending a few ounces of 10.7% Barleywine in makes my heavy 7% imperial red more drinkable. It is more round in the malt and less IPA-like in the hops, yet easier to drink. I don’t care how or why it works, but it does. The magic of blending.

Attachments

• 4917AC79-635E-483A-BE64-E570664AE3FC.jpeg
    4917AC79-635E-483A-BE64-E570664AE3FC.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 0
Last edited:

Latest posts

Back