What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
105F442C-7F58-4EBD-9946-F6EC8D415DEF.jpeg
I’ll join you @fourfarthing

Knappogue
20220317_232238.jpg

All along that singing river, that black mass of men was seen, high above their shining weapons flew their own beloved green! Death to every foe and traitor! Whistle out the marching tune, And hoorah me boys for freedom 'tis the rising of the moon!

When boyhood's fire was in my blood
I read of ancient freemen,
For Greece and Rome who bravely stood,
Three hundred men and three men;
And then I prayed I yet might see
Our fetters rent in twain,
And Ireland, long a province, be.
A Nation once again!
A Nation once again,
A Nation once again,
And lreland, long a province, be
A Nation once again!

Oh, I am a merry ploughboy,and I plough the fields all day
Till a sudden thought came to my head, that I should roam away
For I'm sick and tired of slavery since the day that I was born
And I'm off to join the IRA and I'm off tomorrow morn!
… And we're all off to Dublin in the green, in the green
Where the helmets glisten in the sun
Where the bayonets flash and the rifles crash
To the rattle of a Thompson gun

Last edited:
Unsure if I posted a pic earlier @grampamark but here is the 98% finished work for the loft bed. Need to touch up paint/stain, soften the corners and figure out edging. Granddaughter needs lots-o-containers still..

View attachment 763246
That looks great! I only needed to have a place to store the grandkid’s toys and accommodate a single mattress (and keep the overall height low enough for a house with 7 ft ceilings :cool: )

That looks great! I only needed to have a place to store the grandkid’s toys and accommodate a single mattress (and keep the overall height low enough for a house with 7 ft ceilings :cool: )

We have 8ft. 10ft would've solved all problems. That 12in thick mattress cause me to have more precise measurements so she doesn't bonk her head on the ceiling yet not too low underneath. What a way to spend vacation! Ha! Total cost was around $450.

Poured the last of the Rye IPA and tapped my 1st lager. It's Maris Otter, Jasmine Rice, Huell Melon and Saaz, fermented at 50F and lagered at 40F for 4 weeks. No picture, because I am not happy with the haze. I may hit it with gelatin, IDK. It tastes of crackers, jasmine flowers, lemon, and minerals (like a nice NZ Sauv Blanc). No bubblegum yeast expression. For those following the Vitamin C thread, it got 1tsp in the keg prior to lagering. 23IBU's and 4%ABV.

129EDD8A-4DF1-4982-BB81-CB5AB02EF4A2.jpeg
355B024A-3DD8-461B-AECA-1C80B9A0FFEC.jpeg
ABAE454A-D699-456C-8E7F-5054C343D14D.jpeg
E03AFF68-6C8B-49C7-BA1A-B33E429A5051.jpeg

I spend some time every Friday night at Copper Leaf brewing. The head brewer/co-owner is a good friend of mine from our homebrew club who’s opened a brewery. Over the last month or so I bring a cellar beer from my collection to share with him. Tonight is Burley Oak’s Phantom of the Oak with apricots, peaches & plums bottled in 2019. Delicious, Brett forward & the apricots showed.
Then on to Copper Leaf’s American Wild Ale Barrel 1 & 2 with their Hazy IPA (mug club pour & a favorite or mine. I preferred AW B1 over barrel 2.
Then I got a pour of their upcoming stout which was delicious and not too heavy. Then I got a sample of their local 2-row malt & Azzaca pale ale (not pictured) which should be solid when it’s released.

Fishing Pilsner. :) Last in the assorted 4-pack from Le Trèfle Noir. Dry, very floral and fresh with Saaz.

A unique Pils, that nearly drifted away with my fly rod on it's own mini iceberg! 🤣 Right after I took the pic it started to move downstream, but saved the rod, and most importantly...the Pilsner.

Cheers everyone, Happy Friday!:bigmug:

fishing_Pilsner.jpg

Just got back from ice fishing in NH. 55 degrees out today, but 24 inches of ice! Ran out of 6 dozen shiners. Got a hit on every fish we put down the hole. Unreal. HB Simcoe NEIPA 😍 Incredible beer 🍻
20220318_230805.jpg
20220317_121859.jpg

Not sure if YT vids are allowed on here, but damn did we have an awesome trip yesterday. Here's me and my Pops in NH!

Last edited:
Back