What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Comet wet hop pale ale. 45 ounces of wet hops. 60 minute addition of 15 ounces, 10 minute of 15 ounces, and a whirlpool 15 ounce addition.

Attachments

• Resized_20210811_213459.jpeg
    Resized_20210811_213459.jpeg
    467.8 KB · Views: 8
  • 20210724_185709.jpg
    20210724_185709.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 9
  • 20210724_151838.jpg
    20210724_151838.jpg
    3.2 MB · Views: 8
Yeah never been impressed with their IPAs. However, noticed some lower quality with their stouts also.

Hope to spend more time in here this football season. IPA from Maine

View attachment 738803
Sebago? Awesome lake. Spent about every year as a kid summering up there. They make a good barleywine too

OT
IMG_20210812_201805.jpg

A new up and coming NY farm brewery. Theses guys make some great beers. Saisons, sours, ipa, and lagers..haven’t tried any of their dark ales yet but hear they are great as well

Drowned Lands - Citra Terra 9.4%

Literally, every time my wife lifts the key cover and pushes it back to practice/play, our number two cat, Dashel, walks back and forth across the keys playing his heart out. I'll be in another room and the discordant noises interrupt my wife's playing. She's a dear and lets him have his fifteen minutes of fame.
I actually think he likes the sound effect he's creating.

3gal batch?? 😁
12 gallons of finished beer but started the boil with 20 gallons in a 50 gallon pot. The huge screen basket has very fine stainless screen that clogged by the end. It took for ever to get it into the fermenter. The first 5 gallons went ok but the next 7+ gallons literally took more than an hour. Threw the Voss in to start fermentation as to help ward off any bugs. PITA but delicious! Still have the majority of hops to harvest. Cashmere, Centennial, Cascade, and the rest of the Comet so I'll be doing it again. Glutton for punishment I guess. Haha.

That's just pretty. Being an extract w/grain person, I don't see that sort of result.
It came out pretty good. Easy all grain recipe with 34/70 yeast. I didn't use any sort of fining agent, just straight into the keg and into the kegerator. There's a little bit of condensation on the glass.

Left at o-dark-thirty to be at the fairgrounds in the county seat by 6 to cook and serve breakfast for the 4-H kids (and their parents) who had to start showing livestock at 8. Cooked approx. 312 pancakes and cleaned up the kitchen so one of the 4-H clubs could get ready to serve lunch. I’m ready for a nap.

HB Altbier in a fancy glass.

629803F7-2D4E-405C-9BA6-65B8BAE2B9CA.jpeg

Finally done with the fence project. Wow, the wood supply issues really showed. Another Maine drink. Great blueberry flavor but dry as faak. Low calorie! 😉

View attachment 738875View attachment 738876
Have the prices come down? I told my lazy carpenter to buy all materials just before everything closed down so he could work during any bottlenecks. He never did. Thought I was crazy (might be debatable)Then came back asking to finish job when no jobs were around but prices were 5x

Who sent you those? Lol btw I’d be down for another trade this early fall, haven’t had Electric Jellyfish in a while

Friend from work RV'ed the east coast. Of all the breweries I suggested, his wife would only stop here...or so he says. 🙄

Sure D! Agreed, let it cool off for sure. PhP is picking up their brew schedule with uniques. I'll keep my eyes open.

Have the prices come down? I told my lazy carpenter to buy all materials just before everything closed down so he could work during any bottlenecks. He never did. Thought I was crazy (might be debatable)Then came back asking to finish job when no jobs were around but prices were 5x

Pressure treated 4x, 6x etc are about 60% what they were a month ago. Not pre-pandemic but much better. These 6x 8ft PT were $3.29/ea but Austin was 100% out of stock a couple weeks back. Grabbed 50 this morning to finish my job. But looks like stock is coming back.

Back