The Metro Detroit Thread

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You taking about at Comerica last night? I knew they had a keg but had no idea when they were tapping it. I blame bigk84 for not telling any of us.
I stumbled across that last night, another beer buddy was checking in and I had to investigate. CBS blew right in front of me. :( I had to settle for KBS at Comerica Park, shame.

2015-05-12.jpg

Clubhouse BFD still had theirs and well as the Twisted Rooster restaurants in Macomb Twp. and Belleville.

I think those are the only ones left.
Yeah, I know BFD is still sitting on theirs. Hopefully whomever puts out the next one does it quietly again and that SOMEONE ****ING TELLS ME ABOUT IT BEFORE IT BLOWS.
200.gif

Yeah, I know BFD is still sitting on theirs. Hopefully whomever puts out the next one does it quietly again and that SOMEONE ****ING TELLS ME ABOUT IT BEFORE IT BLOWS.
200.gif
I have my homebrew version almost ready to go, regular BA breakfast stout some say is better than KBS, this time same recipe aged in a bourbon barrel that previously aged maple syrup, just like CBS, so you will get some of that maple goodness, just won't have the name or hype.

In Detroit this coming weekend and am curious about any bottle shops en route to the city from the airport. I also noticed Whole Foods downtown is a Schramm's retailer. Is it likely I find any there this weekend?

In Detroit this coming weekend and am curious about any bottle shops en route to the city from the airport. I also noticed Whole Foods downtown is a Schramm's retailer. Is it likely I find any there this weekend?

Not my neighborhood but, http://merchantsfinewine.com/ is good. Can't speak for Wholefoods but Schramm's (Ferndale) is not that far of a drive, 15-20 minutes from downtown.

Just make the short drive to 8 Degrees in Ferndale, Holiday Market in Royal Oak or Cloverleaf in Royal Oak. All have good selection and all will have Schramm's.

Not my neighborhood but, http://merchantsfinewine.com/ is good. Can't speak for Wholefoods but Schramm's (Ferndale) is not that far of a drive, 15-20 minutes from downtown.
Merchant's in Dearborn is about all you're going to find on the way from the airport to the city. Great selection too. As everyone else pointed out, make the 20-30 minute drive to the burbs for better retail options and meaderies and breweries.

Merchants was where I loaded up on beer the first time I had a car during Movement, solid selection there. I'm gonna just see what the Whole Foods has.

What canned seasonals would yall recommend that are on shelves right now? Really hoping to score Lilikoi, that'd be awesome.

What is the release line at B. Nektar Spring Fest like? Do I need to be there at time of event, an hour early, more?
In all seriousness, on the fall mead fest/mead day, I got there at 2 PM and was able to get every bottle except some of the Kill all the golfer variants. I wouldn't worry about it unless you HAVE to have something. I bet most of this will hit their distro if it doesn't sell out, B. Nektar is making a **** ton of meads/cysers/pyments/melomels what have you.

I don't line up for mead.

Any whispers on Kuhnhenn Summer Solstice this year?
Haven't seen anything, but maybe someone has some insider knowledge?

Wouldn't be surprised to see TRIPA make another appearance, although I've never understood the love for that beer.

Back